THURSDAY TICKET

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: THURSDAY TICKET

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:23 pm

made the orange chicken - did not like it but I did like the fried rice that I made.
now to clean up.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:25 pm

I've cuop while having my lunch of cheese and crackers and nuts. And lots of water.

We are shoe people. I find the younger generation where we are don't wear shoes. Dd is adamant. Thankfully my plantar faciitis is over or I wouldn't be able to visit a lot of the time. Dh now keeps a pair of old slippers there. I will buy some to leave there (since I don't have any old ones.) For now I've been remembering to take mine from home.

Elizabeth: your traveling companion sounds like dh. He forgets how travel is for those without airline status so I have to be careful when I book him on non-Star Alliance flights.

For our flight last night, it turns out I paid for premium seating so we had decent legroom on the plane. He couldn't imagine being in less legroom (the other seats were 4" less) so I see he's getting spoiled with business class.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:38 pm

I got 30 min. Done on stat bike. Then walked ddog to the dorner duting a break from the rain. Time to cook my soup and the close up the hens run. I painted some stones this afternoon too.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:06 pm

Food Lion is out of business here in FL. So is Kash & Karry. We are stuck with Aldi's, WM, or Publix. I've told DH if I ever win the lottery (not gonna happen I don't buy tickets) I'm going to switch to Publix. They're a much nicer supermarket.

My daughters did the no shoe thing in their home when their kids were little, especially when they were crawling around on the floor. I tried to comply when I remembered, but DH couldn't. They never complained.

We did not get our paperwork project done today. Worked on it all afternoon. Came across another problem which neighbors had neglected to tell us about and we found out just in time. Their loan will not cover this extra work which needs to be done, so we are just going to turn it in with the extra in it and see what happens. We didn't cause this extra problem, and we would have been in big trouble if we hadn't discovered the extra stuff in time. They did not get along with their first workers. Lesson learned: we must do what we have to do to get along with people and keep our eyes on the end goal. It is costing them a lot of extra money.

I made my stir-fry and it was ok. I just cut the tortillas in triangles and toasted to eat with. I have enough left for a few days. I used a bit of chicken breast, zucchini, onion, garlic, red pepper, yellow squash, broccoli, parsley, sweet & sour sauce and soy sauce on DH's. Stir fried it in my new copper pan which worked nicely and washed up quick. Pan is very light to lift, so I like it. It's one of those big square ones with a glass lid.

Going off to bed. I was sleepy all day today.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:23 pm

tired but uncomfortably awake

dishes are washing in dw, counters clean, stove clean (well washed), rinsed the other pots but they need soaking. I won't wash them until tomorrow because i don't want to 8-)

dh liked the chicken - not a favourite for me - won't be making that again. (unless asked)
vacuumed kitchen floor again

hi d harmony - so hard that the store you liked is no longer there. Frustrating that neighbour didn't tell you but glad you found it just in time.
sounds like a great pan.

hi d nancy - great that you did your bike and walked the dog.

hi d kathryn Plantar fasciitis is so painful - glad you don't have that anymore! have a wonderful day . 29 hour day is a lot. I hope today is much more restful.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:30 pm

I don’t wear shoes I wear boots that come to my ankle ...have for atleast 25 Years. Taught in them every day. Before that I wore heels when I worked in a professional setting.

In the winter I put on moccasin type slippers when I get up and wear them till I go out. Then I put my boots out. I usually change when I get home. In the summer I wear flat sandals never flip flops cause the non support hurts my feet. And I usually wear wedge type heel sandals when I go out.

Before I move to the desert I went barefooted in the house all the time. Love to feel the cool grass between my toes. As a kid I went barefooted all the time unless I was riding my bike then I wore keds.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:48 am

I can not fall asleep so I decided to empty the dw - I knew once I did a chore I would get tired ;) - I am having a bit of honey with warm milk - d grandmother would do that for us except she would add a drop of cognac (not much) I loved that woman - very special

I love moccasins too - I got my first pair from d mom when they came back from a fishing trip in Canada. I have loved them since! I also always went bare feet as I loved the summer grass. I think almost all the neighbour kids went barefoot in summer. :D have a good night d rose!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:29 am

still can't fall asleep so i put on quiet outside sounds - dogs started barking :shock:

Return to “Post When You Can”