Friday Fun

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Friday Fun

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:38 am

Hope you have some fun in your day!

If you want, go to http://makeup.pho.to/ , upload a photo of yourself and retouch it. The results are wonderful.

I've started a link in Members Only if you want to add your photo.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5551

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Friday Fun

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:41 am

I'm now 18 hours ahead of my home time zone so my overlap with you folks is very limited.

My Friday was very quiet. And aside from messing with the photo, I didn't do much. I have bought the SIM cards but they were more than advertised. I walked a lot of steps. And I took dh to the supermarket with me after I picked him up from work and we picked up a "cottage pie" (basically shepherd's pie without the corn), frozen veggies and garlic bread and had a quiet dinner in the hotel room since all the food could be heated up using the microwave.

We've also brought in an extra chair for the desk so we both can work at it at the same time.

I'm going to get ready for bed now since it is 9:40 p.m. here. Dh is reading. The street-life was really noisy until about 9 and is now dead. The music we could hear has stopped and even the traffic noise has died down. Government town, rolls up its sidewalks after dinner, even on a Friday night.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:35 am

I slept well last night. I so appreciate a good night sleep and totally understand the frustration of not being able to sleep (((((Blessedw2)))).

So far this morning -
** taken dogs out
** made coffee
** put out vitamins for me and kids
** S2B
** got newspaper from front yard
** bathroom time

The front door is open so DGD6 can come in when she gets here. They are about 15 minutes later than normal.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:52 am

Waving To Kathryn across the ditch.
and to Nancy on the far side of the lake.

Today
caught up w dishes.
groceries - took advantage of helper and car as it is so hot to be trudging in the heat of the day.
load of washing
chewed helpers ear about numerous issues.
brought in solar fairy lights, then put them back on veranda as they lit up as soon as they came inside.
I forget where I put their box, :roll:
I wonder about putting them along my driveway fence for those evenings when I come in after dark, or take some extras to the bin. I'd have to work out where to put the solar charger to get maximum sunlight. Not so simple for the summer winter thing.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:49 am

I wonder how long the solar lights last? I've never used them.

Since I last posted I have -
** welcomed DGD6
** prepared oatmeal/apple/cinnamon for her breakfast
** prepared yogurt/chia seeds/beet powder for my breakfast
** cooked a couple of apples (gala & granny smith) with cinnamon for DH
** made fruit platter - banana dots, mandarin oranges and seedless grapes. I have learned that if I ask, no one wants any type of fruit for breakfast. However, if I just sit the platter out with fruit ready to eat then they will eat it.
** Cleaned up kitchen
** researched OG menu to plan what I am going to eat today. Logged it into Nutritionix app

Because I can. I'm going to sit here until I have finished my coffee. Usually, I finish my one & my only cup of coffee about mid-morning. A sip here....a sip there. It is cold by the time I finish it, but I have learned to like it hot or cold. It is still coffee. What's not to like? :)
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:52 am

Got a message from our moderator up home to go ahead and just copy last year's report from the auditing committee so we could finish up. They haven't actually met yet but it's always the same. So did that -now if I could just figure out how I've numbered the pages in the past. :roll:

Feeling just really crummy today. Didn't sleep very well and that may be part of it. Dh is doing the dishes -he wanted to do that this morning so he can cut his nails. :lol: I'm all for it.

Dsonil took his mom home from the hospital yesterday afternoon, but that means he has to stay with her. He came home long enough to grab some things last night and went back over. It's about a 40-minute drive from here.

I essentially have the annual report done except for page numbers. I'll have dd help me with that when she comes home and then I'll send it off. All done except for those.

Now I can start doing some of those things on my January list. Off I go to finish making that list.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:12 pm

Morning...

Up and routines done. Waiting for my nails to dry before I begin my day. Bought towel, shower curtain and such for guest area and will put it together this morning. Then will add old stuff to my hug pile that goes to g will. Old colors were green and burgundy, new is pink/mauve and gray/taupe. Quite a change. My bathroom is shared between my guest room and office and is the one I use in the morning. Will take a while to become accustomed to the change but know I will like it.

Need do to a bit more office/genealogy work as I have a five hr work shop in the morning. Looking forwards to refocusing on that. Dinner is planned... I have recently been diagnosed with a hiatal hernia which is making eating a challeng ... some foods bother me more than others so I am learning as I go along. Just what I need at this stage of my life.

Off to finish my second cup of decaf tea. Although I have never experienced acid reflex before caffeine is certainly a trigger as well carbonated drinks.. spice foods are a no-no as well, but I never liked them in the first place. I am making Sweetie an Italian dish for dinner tonight and will be content to eat some fish. Don’t see Italian food any time soon in my future.

Nails are dried and I am anxious to put my guest area together. Waving to y’all ... I’ve got my slippers on btw ... Willis is curled up next to my feet,contently snoring. What a life he has for a dog :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:29 pm

For my friday fun watching u tubes on boju. I have cut up a pear for hens half for now half for later, took that out and water two times this a . m . Journaling done. Got sone great q for week in review not sure where to share, those are card file.
Starting my day in a bit. I will do some more painted stones. Might vacuum. :roll:
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:32 pm

Think I "might" be on the downside of this cold. Felt crummy today and just finished putting away any Christmas decorations I had in our room. Worked up a sweat just doing that. So now I'm resting before I tackle the next thing.

DD is having a friend over for coffee in the morning. Want to spruce things up a bit before she gets home and will let her vacuum, sweep & mop the kitchen/dining areas. Only will take her 15 minutes. She'd like to be able to sit on the porch. Dh just put up 2 new ceiling fans/lights for them -look like palm leaves and are very nice. But I think we're in for a cold spell starting later today so that may not work. Though we could put a heater out there. Almost bought her one for Christmas but ended up buying the fans instead.

Dh has gone out to the shed to work for a while. I should try taking a short walk. That's all I can manage right now -going to have to build my strength and stamina back up. Maybe I'll go try 7-800 steps or so. See how that goes. Almost think I can start using the stair climber in short spurts again. Knees seem pretty good of late. (Glad something is! :roll:
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:03 pm

My dgs12 has an app on his phone that will make a female look like a male or vice versa. Last night dd2 sent me a text with a photo of her, asking who does this look like? It looked like a younger dh with a pair of black glasses. Although he has never had black glasses and his nose is much wider than dd2's. When I showed it to dh, he didn't recognize himself at all. My dds don't look like each other and they don't really look like either of us. Dd1 has the cutest nose and we don't know where it came from. Other people say that they look alike or like one of us. Funny we can't see it. As for me, I look like my dm and sometimes it startles me, when I catch a glimpse of myself passing a mirror or see my reflection.

Guess I better shower so I can buy groceries.

Return to “Post When You Can”