Friday Fun

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Friday Fun

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:16 pm

d twins I am sure I asked this before but totally forgot! Do you know how to find a good genealogist in another country - denmark? Dd younger has gone as far as she can as she lacks skill in the language.

s2s socks to socks done - no make up but spiffy for the house (I don't wear nice close in the house if I am working or cooking)
dogs played with and then brushed - they still need more but I have to pick my battles. One of the cats brushed until she got annoyed. Vacuumed again and had to roll myself down with a sticky tape thing. ;)
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:28 pm

I like that effect in the link.

My important 3 for today had to be postponed because of various circumstances and I'm down about it. I felt pressed into making the church bulletin board finance sheet instead this a.m. because I fear I won't get another chance and it is more than due Sunday. It is still not as complete as I fear many may hope. I've never been directed to go further than quarterly info with it (have only been doing it a year), but since this was the final quarter, I wonder if some may assume more info will be there. I also had to send an email to the part-time secretary and agonized over the wording so that she won't feel criticized and yet will understand.

One frustration with this is that after all that, I still haven't made progress on the church chore of the day, so on my calendar it looks like I've done very little.

HRH wondered if I could go on some errands. Didn't I just go? Didn't I always just go?

I did take time to read a 38-page paper published by one of the professors I had last summer. Can't believe I would think of that as my fun for the day, but I do.

I think I'm going to change gears and do the most "household" of my top 3, cleaning the bathroom.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:29 pm

bw2, search at the website for A ssociation of p rofessional genealogists http://www.apgen. org They list several in Denmark that take clients. Also the Board for C ertification of G enealogists - you can search by specialties and location.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:38 pm

thank you so much! I will look at that later today!!! thank you d twins!

hi d harriet I am sorry it didn't work out! sounds like a lot of work - I hope the others that need to get you the information will do that today. I totally understand the fun in reading a paper like that! Hope the day works out the way you would like!

I have pulled the cards and not much - not much on the physical cards but the jobs will take time. I just need to get started (the hardest part 8-) )

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:05 pm

Hens are out for free range time. Rock drop done. Folded laundry & put it away, one more load in dryer going now.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:15 pm

Well, the chicken is in the oven. I can't say that I did a good job at cutting it up, but dh would have used the proper knife and he would have known where to cut. I also put the first piece in before the oil was ready. Sigh. What a messy job. My kitchen is already a mess, but I am trying to at least get food served in a timely manner. Bread is pressing gently against the top of the lid. I used all the proper measurements, so I don't know what is wrong. It looks and smells much nicer than the other loaf I made 10 days ago.

At lunch time dh and I were discussing what we needed to pick up tonight and if we really needed to go out. He said that we were on our last loaf of bread. I said we had a bread maker. :lol:

I brought in a dozen eggs from fridge in garage and a bag of onions and a bag of potatoes. It started snowing here around an hour ago. Dh wanted me to bring some oak in from the wood pile. It is stacked near the right side, and it is cut slightly differently, so I recognize it. Dh says it burns longer. I just know I like the smell. Our neighbor works at a steel mill and he brings it to us. They use it on the trucks when they transport it.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:33 pm

Back from a walk. Got to do one today, took a spill on slick pine needles the other day on a walk and my knee has been a tad bit sore. So had to take a break for a few days. Time to get hens back in.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:37 pm

tickled pink that I completely packed the remainder of christmas stuff I took down - the containers are ready to go upstairs and downstairs - including the holders for the window lights. now to give the room a bit of a spiff up and it should look a little more like normal. :D vacuumed the front room, quick dusted and dry swiffer the floor and then wet swiffer the floor - Much nicer - it looks like our front room again!

dd older said she will help me tomorrow to get the things in the crawl space - I even have 2 large empty plastic boxes empty because of tossing and donating Christmas I didn't want anymore.

Hi d Cathy Chicken sounds lovely - sorry it was such a mess! I wish I could enjoy the smell of your bread baking! so nice that your neighbour brings you the wood! my d brother is up north to cut down wood for a friend up there.

d nancy those chickens are very lucky to have you as their caretaker.

I need to throw dog blankets in the wash - its been a week and the blanket looks like its been dragged through the dirt - washing :D with a touch of bleach as it needed it!

I was going to make fish taco's but I never got to the store for an avocado or slaw - so I ordered a no cheese pizza with veggies (and sauce on the side) as dd older will be coming here after work (dairy doesn't not do well for her) - I guess I could have made dough and cut up veggies but I am still working on the house bc I started so late.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:29 pm

still feeling a bit edgy - I haven't finished the kitchen dailies - :o 8-)

I don't want to work in our bedrooms for 15 minutes but I will force myself just to do it. I want to see if 15 minutes at a time will change things in dd youngers room while she is gone - I want to remove the paper.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:17 pm

Home from 5 hours spent with DGS21. He had the afternoon planned and asked if I would do it with him. He wanted to buy some items for his kitchen. He is challenging himself to not eat fast food and to cook healthier meals. He got a rice cooker that doubles as a steamer for his vegetables. And a set of cookie sheets to use in the oven to cook his meats. He continues to improve his "adulting" skills. After I got home I decided to gift him with a coffee maker so I can go to his apartment for a good cup of coffee when in town. I asked permission and he was so excited that I went ahead and ordered it. I suspect this will be the start of a new tradition for us.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”