Super Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Super Saturday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:43 am

You guys are all in bed now (or at least you should be.)

Here, it is 9:40 on Saturday and the day is done.

You can check out my day on page 4 of Friday.

The only addition is that we did have schnitzel (not great at all) and now I'm doing laundry.

Sunday is a big day so I should be packing up now for that. We are visiting with friends across Wellington Harbour so we'll take the 10 a.m. ferry. There is swimming in the harbour and hiking on the agenda.

LadyMaverick

Re: Super Saturday

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:22 am

I'm up early (4:15am). I tried to make myself go back to sleep but wasn't successful. Instead of becoming frustrated I decided to just start my day a bit earlier than planned. I've averaged sleeping 6hr 38m this week so I can only guess my body had reached its limit of sleep time.

DS9 has an early ball game (8:00am) this morning so we need to be out the door by 7:00am. DH is coaching so he needs to be there when DS9 teammates arrive.

LadyM's S2B this morning was BOOTS! Is that right?

You got it right!

This morning I started planning next week in BuJo and immediately realized a blooper I made. Monday is a holiday. ARGH! Yesterday I planned next week homeschool lessons without realizing it was going to be a 3 day school week. I have everything organized by subject, curriculum and then assigned individual lessons to the school days (Monday - Thursday). I made myself a detail sheet what each lesson in each curriculum and each subject would be doing each day. I printed this EIGHT PAGE plan so I can mark it as DS9 completes each lesson. Once I had the homeschool plan laid out I gathered all the worksheets needed for each day. I spent a couple hours pulling all this together and was thrilled that I not only had a plan but it was so well organized. Lesson learned: Plan the week BEFORE planning the homeschool lessons.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:38 am

My phone was whacky went off at 4 so I too am up. I did a qt checked bs. And had yougart 4 breakfast. Painted one rock journal done.

With a sore knee I am thinking of the tweaks my day will need. L M I too forgot that Mon. Was a holiday. But h will be working so it is not rally a holiday for me. Just no mail. I need to do my daily routines and some on the home blessing vacuuming some time in the next 3 days. It is time.

Did morning routine then went back to bed till 8. Yea for getting back to sleep.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:25 pm

Home from a fun ballgame.

DS text while I was at the game to see if we had some free time this weekend. Yup, the game is the only thing on our calendar today. So, DSon & family are coming for a visit! They should be here in about 4 hours. I have no idea how long they are staying. Maybe through Monday since it is a holiday. I will be happy with whatever time they can stay.

I stopped at the grocery store and picked up a Boston Butt roast. I'm putting it in Instant Pot and filling the rest of the space with vegetables. If we eat meals out while they are here that will be fine or if we eat here that will also be fine. I have plenty of eggs/meat/vegetable/fresh fruit on hand for several days of breakfast. I have cheese balls on hand - DGD7 favorite junk food that her parents don't buy her. I'm going to mix up and bake some Oatmeal/Raisin cookies and have them available. Nana has some spoiling to do!!
1. Know what you want.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:44 pm

Hi everyone!

Dh and I slept later than usual. It was 14 C in the house...BRRR!!!... when we got up. I started a load of laundry and put some towels in the dryer to fluff them up. They had been on the dresser since before Christmas. Now they are all away. My towel storage area in the bathroom is now full and so is the spot where I store face cloths. We have 6 facecloths, and dh uses 2 every week. One for face, one for body.

It is a beautiful sunny, cold day here. Snow plow has been by twice. Dh has been into town and back. I didn't want to go do shopping and errands with him. I only have 1 more load of laundry to do, and I will do it tomorrow after supper just in case I have to toss anything else in the wash. Right now I have the dishwasher going. Dh had the sump pump (?) going all night in the back of the yard to help clear out some of the water that was soaking the ground around the septic bed. Someone suggested that he put a layer of straw over it to keep it warm enough to run. Everything seems to have worked okay because I am not having any drainage problems in the house today. Yesterday was ridiculous.

Speaking of yesterday, dh was almost in tears with how good our supper was. I made his mom's fried/baked chicken and the bread came out of the bread maker less than 5 minutes before we sat down. He said it was awesome to walk into a house that smelled like bread baking.

I have been stitching all day when I haven't been doing other stuff. I am headed to Grimsby to a new stitching group that starts today at 2 at their library. Dh tells me the main roads are fine. I have snow tires, so I'm good to go.

Update on dh is that he has lost another 6 pounds and his blood pressure is normal, so his BP meds have been reduced to half. His pharmacist gave him a fist bump last night as he walked up to the counter to pick it up.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:47 pm

Miss Muffin is intently watching me waiting for her walk.

Yesterday afternoon we didn't have hot water so I didn't get a shower before we went to temple. This morning it is working again. :roll: We had "The Man" coming to look at it this morning but I called him and let him know the crisis was over for now. So I at least had a shower.

--------------------
Later, didn't get above finished or posted. Muffin has had walk and it's sooooo cold out. I'll be working out w dfriend M this afternoon at three p.m. and (probably) going back to temple for a program tonight.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:59 pm

Sunny & 50* out now. I got the mail. Did not do a store run. H is coughing less but we are both still in recoup mode around here it is pretty quiet. I had a good qt. Dog h h ate both in the rocker. I am lounging on the couch in my pj's.

I got dressed and my knee is limbered up now & I am back from walking the dog, three 4ths of a mile apx. I got half gallon of rocks to paint washed them up and they are on an old dish towel drying.

I need to do some cooking, boil some eggs up and do a pasta salad. Done!
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:14 pm

Avoiding fast foods is a wonderful example of adulting, LadyM - kudos to your dgs.

I join blessed in admitting I messed up a perfectly good eating day with some cheese pizza last evening.

I cannot believe it (and am thinking of Elizabeth's "cue the chorus" and blessed's drumroll) but as of 12:57, I have sent the report, the bane of my existence as Elizabeth would say. HRH had to help with spreadsheet issues; otherwise I just wrestled and wrestled and finally got it pinned on the mat. Have spent the time until now neatening up and refiling, etc.

Guys, it was so hard. Chasing errors. Chasing other people's mistaken understandings of concepts like designation and reimbursement, that translated into convoluted work. I went to bed last night so despondent. This morning things still weren't easy, but they did work out. I had to make a choice to allow one person to get mad at me in order to keep things exact. I may be facing that Sunday, but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

It means a great deal to me to have it done, well before Sunday. No delay that is my fault, thank goodness, so now others, when they see each other Sunday, will have all the info I can give. One thing to relax about. Just one.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:20 pm

Food is ready. I've taken a shower and washed my hair so I don't need to do that in the morning. I've washed DS9 hair and had him take a bath. He typically takes a bath at night and I didn't want him skipping a bath on the day he ran up/down the basketball court. Add that sweaty smell to the typical teenage hormonal smells and he would be Phew-eeew! I am trying to get everything that HAS to be done today finished before DSon and family arrives. Thankfully the house doesn't need much attention. There are a couple hot spots but overall it looks good. I did a quick dust mop over the floors and deem the house Good-nuf. Our home is never perfectly clean. It has 2 dogs and 4 humans in it most of the time. Perfect ain't happening and I'm okay with that.

I did fix the homeschool lesson plan for next week. It took me about 15 minutes so it didn't take too much time/effort to do.

I finished planning next week. It has 4 medical appointments which really puts a dent in the available time to get things done.
1. Know what you want.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:42 pm

Good for you, Harriet! And if that one person is upset, well, again, good for you! Maybe some day people will learn to do their jobs correctly.

Nancy, I meant to tell you, I love your new idea with rocks.

Kudos to you, Twins, for braving the elements to take Muffin out.

We went out last night and Oh. My. Goodnesss. How cold... "only" in the 20s (some of you are LOL at my low tolerance for these temps) but the wind was pretty high, so it was ROUGH. We saw a movie, The Commuter. Somewhat predictable, but still, some surprises in how it all panned out. Even dh said, "Well, no, I didn't expect that..." So, it was better than he expected.
We also saw The Post on Thursday night and it was VERY good! It's the true story about the Washington Post publishing the Pentagon papers about Vietnam, with Meryl Streep and Tom Hanks. I loved it! Even though my little stint in newspaper publishing ( ;) VERY small school paper) does not not even COMPARE to this sort of thing in ANY way -- still, I love to watch these movies about freedom of the press, etc. It's also a "strong woman" movie, b/c Katherine Graham was the owner of the Post, after the deaths of her father and husband (her father had made her HUSBAND the head of the paper at his death, NOT her) and she was obviously one of the first women to take on such a powerful position, and had some huge decisions to make, sometimes against the advice of her all-male board members.

BUT... I guess I am paying the piper today. I just cannot seem to DO Saturdays, no matter how much I try...
If I am home for a rare Friday, I am NOT going to be "s2s first thing," no matter what. :cry: :cry:
Today my excuse is a TERRIBLE sore throat. DH went to get breakfast, and I barely knew when he left and when he returned. I got up and ate and went back to bed. Now I'm up b/c I'm going to have to take a shower and go get dgs to spend the night with us. He will be heartbroken if he doesn't get to come over. And it will be a big help to ddil, not to have to get both kids dressed for church in the morning on her own. DS is going to be gone all day tomorrow.
We were hoping to go to Nashville today -- we have friends playing at a family-friendly venue tonight and we very seldom get to see them -- but with the weather like it is, and both of us under-the-weather, even dh decided we better not try it. DGS would have had fun at that, but he will likely have more fun just playing here with his toys. (Our roads are FINE, -- we never got more than just some very dry flurries that just blew away as soon as they hit -- but we've heard that is not the case further north.)

WTG, to Cathy's dh! Losing enough weight to get BP meds cut in half! That's great!!!
And WTG, Cathy, on that wonderful meal with homemade bread. Mmmmm....

LadyM, sounds like you've got some fun ahead!

Waving (enviously) at Kathryn, swimming... :mrgreen: ;)
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”