Traveling Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Traveling Tuesday

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:15 pm

((((Harmony))))

have any of you made cauliflower rice or zucchini noodles?

I love riced cauliflower and usually cook a big batch every other week. My preferred way of eating it is a mock Mexican rice with lots of peppers, onions, celery, and rotel added to the cauliflower.
I eat zucchini and/or squash several times a month. I haven't found a way of preparing it that I don't like. However, I rarely do zucchini noodles because of the extra prep time. I eat 1 or 2 spaghetti squash a month so I get my noodle fix that way.

The ISP fellas came to check out why our network keeps dropping. They can't find anything obviously wrong so are doing the elimination method to find a solution. The modem has been replaced. Still dropping. The router is replaced. Still dropping. The connections all checked. Still dropping. Out of desperation, they are scheduled to come next Monday and replace all the cable from inside the house to the pole. This cable is only 2 years old so it should be okay, but they won't be entirely sure until it is replaced to eliminate that possibility. I give them A+ in their effort to solve the problem.

I ordered 36 cans of playdough and 200 washable markers for children church class. As I was watching the kids play with the playdough last Sunday all I could think of was FLU GERMS. I am guessing the high salt content of the playdough would kill any germs, but it just seemed like a good idea to start with fresh playdough. Several of the existing cans are getting hard so it isn't entirely a wasteful effort. I wonder how long you're supposed to use playdough?

The new phone arrived today and I have already asked for a return to A-river. The touchscreen isn't working right. I bought refurbished phones before and never had a problem. However, this one is a lemon. I have another refurbished phone on order and it should arrive Friday. I am hoping to have better success with it. Once I get the new-to-me phone set up then I'll give DS9 my phone. I won't be sad to say goodbye to his slow & old system-software-can't-be-upgraded-anymore--hard-to-install-apps phone.

Lately, it seems I am constantly working on switching some sort of technology. I made the decision to swap laptops with DS9. Swapping hardware is easy and all documents are kept online so that is easy. but configuring all the tweaks & software is a PITA. I still haven't finished setting up all the devices on the new network. I am still working on it....slowly. This morning I got the scales connected. I think that only leaves the HVAC & generator to connect. I am sure they are sending SOS messages about not being able to connect. >>>insert my head in the sand ignoring their plea for connection<<<<<
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:27 pm

Hi!

I travelled over to my doctor's office and it's official. (To make dh happy) I have the stomach flu. When the doctor touched various areas of my stomach, there was a lot of pain. She said it was from all the activity since Thursday and all the muscles hurt because of the constant vomiting.

Prescribed an inhaler and plenty of rest and fluids and she wants to see me in two weeks.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:50 pm

if the throwing up continues you may need fluids - If i get sick every 20 minutes I know I can't stop -I go to the hospital when this happens - they give me Odanestren (spelling) and IV) and within a half hour to an hour I start feeling better.
Hope you feel better d cathy!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:09 pm

Ta-Da! Just wanted to say I can proudly say I've accomplished all my goals today! :D (I had none and that's exactly what I've gotten accomplished.) Think my body just plain needed the rest. The only thing we've done today is make the bed, put away clean dishes and traveled to dh's hearing Dr for his phone device. (which they sent back for the 2nd time).

Dh's db was here for a little while. He'd gone to see their other brother about 10 miles from here. (to show how close we are -we've not seen him this winter). He was served with divorce papers Friday -this man is 90. Think his wife is about 75. She's asking him to buy her out on the house and all he has is about $1,000 a month to live on (at least that's what he's saying). So Dbil is 'getting involved' though he insists he doesn't want to. His own lawyer is incredulous that any lawyer would take this on at the oldest brother's age, but then it's money, right? He's not in good health either so this lawyer's take is she might better wait it out. And he also has to pay all her legal costs as well as closing on the house. We are not getting involved!! Dbil did ask dh if he wanted to buy her out -no way!!!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:12 pm

woo hoo hoo d dee!

oh my goodness getting divorce papers at 90 wow - how long have they been married? wow

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:16 pm

found out dd younger is having an allergic reaction to her new meds! she has been going back to being herself. grrrr - she can't breath on them and they don't know yet what to do for her.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:21 pm

Trying to get mojo for a walk. It is up to 39* - 42* depending on the source of info. Got sucked into rescue on the weather ch on mt. Hood ddog is put out that I did nor walk w her yet. Okay I need to get a move on. Wed. Snow in the forecast above 2,000'. Walk done.

LM we had that trouble it was squirrels at the pole after they replaced all the rest like you have had done.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:05 pm

They've been married about 12 years, Blessed. This guy has 5 children -at least 2 of which don't talk to him. 4 are in CA and one in SC -and none will take him in. And dbil said he surely is not moving in with us. Not happening. Will be interesting. His wife we all had figured as a 'money grabber' from the get go. Sad.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:44 pm

Back from dd's.

After I got dressed, I did get the weekly kitchen chores done. Since that was skipped last week, I feel better about the kitchen now.

I got over to dd's and dgs looks awful. Rash on his face and hands. He also looked miserable for a while and barely smiled at seeing me.

I can't go into the playroom (he's drooling because it hurts to swallow and this is transmitted by saliva, among other things) so he sat in his high chair while I ate. I gave him a coffee table book today (it arrived this morning from the cruiseline, photos taken from all around the world but I have no need of such a thing) and he was trying to turn the pages (paper ones are hard, that's why I thought he could use one to practice with) and he liked it. He kept signing for more.

There was a double page spread from the Arctic and I said "look at the snow and the ice!" and he said "Brrrrr!" So he understands a lot. That made giving him the book well worthwhile. It will expand his mind to see more of the world. I hope he'll be like Lucylee's grandson when it comes to geography!

He then signed and asked for food, so dd gave him something but he wanted my banana so we shared until it was gone. He left almost everything else on his tray but I bet the banana didn't hurt the sores in his mouth.

We then went for a walk. He was asleep within 5 minutes and I walked for 80 before calling it quits (it is cold!) I walked for an hour before going into the store to pick up something for dd, just in case he woke up when we went inside. He didn't but I realized I was getting tired so I walked him back home. Then he slept outside in the stroller for another 30 minutes until dd decided he needed to come in before he got too chilled.

In the hours I was there, sores appeared on dd (and dsil reported from work that it hurts to swallow) so they are now coming down with it. I didn't touch dgs or dd at all, except to check his cheek when I was leaving him to sleep outside and when I undid his bib. I immediately washed my hands as soon as I could after touching him and I've washed my hands since coming home. Hand Foot and Mouth isn't all that contagious unless you have a lot of contact with the child (changing diapers or, in dd's case, letting him kiss her because she didn't have the heart to push him away.)

I popped into Costco on the way home and was home quickly despite hitting the highway at 4.

The bookcase we put in the other building on Sunday night (so they could have a library) has been taken by someone. I've put up a sign, sent out an email, and put it on the FB page. Sigh... It took 16 weeks to find the perfect bookcase and it was taken in 2 days. The bookcase for the videos was empty and sat in our building for 10 weeks and no-one took it. Sigh... It shows I'm in the better building.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:47 pm

((Harmony))

Donna, I make zoodles with the very inexpensive Veggeti utensil, which you twist in your hands, costing about $10. Funny that just after reading the question here, I saw that Whole Foods is newly carrying the green Joie brand for $3.99 in their produce section. (I don't think the product is new - just WF carrying it.) In my store, it was hanging near the refrigerated boxed salad greens, not far from the zucchini along the produce wall. The Veggeti has a gripper to hold the end of the vegetable and two sides for two sizes of spirals. The Joie has only one side/size. Joie also makes one for carrots, which is orange.

Errands were fine. Grocery bag split in my hands as I got to the car, but I caught it all. Was unable to do more than two things at the bank, so the non-contribution deposit waited. When I got home, there was an additional small refund from ATandT, so that actually worked out well and I can include all later.

I re-potted my 2017 Valentine's Day African Violet, "Halo's Aglitter". Hoping it's happy now with more space. This is the second time I re-potted, since it arrived as a tiny-tiny from ebay. This year, if HRH is listening :| my present is on hold until spring season.

Return to “Post When You Can”