Wild & Whacky Wed.

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Wild & Whacky Wed.

Postby Nancy » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:45 am

Just thought of this. Had to post it must be Wed. Somewhere. Watching olympics I need to fold laundry. Dgd is setting up an apartnent this summer, great timing. I will be continuing with one thing a day on the yard even in this cold snap with a coat I can pick up and toss things it is helping... onward. Then there is the storage room winter is back this week for us.

LadyMaverick

Re: Wild & Whacky Wed.

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:26 am

Our weather is being whacky. Today it is 40 degrees warmer than it was a couple days ago. It will be in the 70's for a couple days then drop 30 degrees back into normal winter weather. I want to spend as much time as possible outside today and tomorrow.

Last night class was enjoyable to do once but I probably won't repeat it. DGS21 was a bit bored with it. He painted his picture in about 30 minutes then sat and waited for me to finish. It took me a couple hours. I didn't have an end in mind when I began painting so I kept changing directions. I'm not proud of my end results. I haven't decided what I will do with the painting. Right now I'm leaning toward hanging it on the back wall of a clothes closet. As out of sight as I can make it.

Today is typical Wednesday schedule. Homeschool lessons. DGD6 care after school. Cooking for church family followed by worship service. Tonight we will prepare lasagna, garlic bread, and salad. The rest of the meal will be potluck. I will prepare my food at home and take it with me to eat there. It is nearly impossible to eat no sugar, no flour at a potluck meal.
Last edited by LadyMaverick on Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:28 am

Good morning, villagers ~
Thanks for opening the thread today, Nancy.

Last night while getting ready for bed I thought, "Oh, I don't need to run back to TheBigCity for that, I can just order it online." It was such a quick and obvious solution.
This morning, I can't remember what "that" is. :? :?:
Is it something I really need? Is it something that will make every day easier?
Is it something I'll remember after I've had a cup of coffee?
:?

Monday at work was super busy. I also learned how to use the remote start feature on my car.
Yesterday I ran errands.

Today's 4x4:
* supper in the crock pot = green beans and pork
* stuff the trash and recycle bins before they go to the curb tonight
* finish reading a book that is due back to the library tomorrow
* write checks and take them to the post office

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:58 am

A Happy Valentine's day to all -whatever that all means. Dh is in the shower so he hasn't seen his 'gift' yet. Don't normally do Valentine's Day things but it's a good day to give him his itinerary/tickets.

Just checked our bank account and our Federal Return is in there already. Just filed last Tuesday night. Now to send a check to our Credit Union up home. Want our extra sitting in our savings account up there.

We're meeting dbil/dsisil and 2 nieces for breakfast this morning. Would like to get there before they do so dh can sit where he likes to. It all comes from all his training when he worked for the government at Kodak. And the trick will be finding space for 6-7 of us this morning.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:24 am

Good morning, SHEville!

I am up and s2s. Bedroom is tidied and the few things in the kitchen put away.

I did a bit of planning for the day and now need to get going.

Breakfast and laundry first, then email W. He needs to be paid tomorrow.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:15 am

good morning d ones!

thank you for starting us d nancy!

hi d book

hi d kathryn

hi d lady

hello everyone!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:28 am

today is anti procrastination day for me... my closet is still an issue as it is our bedroom
errands: thank you notes
clor ox wipes
williams sonoma vanilla

pulled my card: How's that working for you - to realistically look at my day. Pretty interesting.

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!

I had planned to go to church this morning for ash wednesday but with the flu going on, so bad, around here I have decided not to. (I know I am being silly) They are asking people not to hold hands etc... problem with the C atholic church is they insist that people share from the same cup - but now telling people who are sick not to... I wish they would go to the individual mini cups.

For lent I am giving up fb and social media (except learning and here of course) (I do look at dd youngers daily photo tests)

I haven't done my menu plan yet so I need to do that

I am wishing you each a really wonderful day!!! May your heart be at ease and filled with contentment and joy.

yesterday I received a notice of a talk at the art institute and I went to register and it is sold out -bummer

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:12 am

Progressing.

Dh put the new toner in the printer. It is better, but not perfect. We'll see if the last of the toner dust works its way out of the system over time.

I vacuumed the office and kitchen and front hall. Only the kitchen needed it but the vacuum was out for the printer work. Then I dusted the apartment so I can cross off a number of chores from my to-do list. That would be yesterday's to-do list.

I'm going to have a snack now and then wash the kitchen floor and start the dishwasher, perhaps not in that order.

I'm also feeding the washer.

So things are progressing here.

Dh and I are going to walk over to the bagel shop for lunch, then a long walk to a discount store that has a liquid soap dh likes, and drop off the toner to be returned along the way. Which means I have to look up where the post office is in that direction.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:45 am

yay on you progressing d Kathryn - wonderful on vacuuming and dusting

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:53 am

I am trying to stay on dailies - one at a time before going to the next task.
I did 2 x 15 minutes in kitchen :D
dw I emptied it last evening but I already starting putting things in last night and this morning,
checked for dishes around house - not much 2 glasses
sink is clean
counters swiped
bottom part of window over sink swiped with w index
pulled things to be prepped for cooking later and made a 3 x 5 card of what prep/cooking I need to do.
My eyes were bigger than my stomach or what I am cooking when I ordered groceries... geesh why do I do that - it's always when I lack focus or have a menu plan :shock: :?
took my bleach water sprayer and swiped all the door handles (inside and out) and light switches
put things on calendar that I want to participate in
listed spending from yesterday :shock: so much for my budget
cards are pulled
feeling cranky mmmm - how can anyone be happy and cranky at the same time. I think it must be my biology today. thinking I might have to list my grateful moments today to keep me from that cranky mood.

Next in kitchen
vacuum kitchen and if I want to stay less cranky - just do a surface vacuum through first floor
clean one shelf on door in fridge (so far 2 done)

Return to “Post When You Can”