May Cards 2018

It's classic and it works for you: the original home organization card file.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

May Cards 2018

Postby Nancy » Tue May 01, 2018 11:20 am

MAY CARDS 2018
May day
Moms day
Graduation
100 day challenge has turned in to a yard work marathon, but I Am doing it in segments.
What does May have in store for you?

Nancy

Re: May Cards 2018

Postby Nancy » Fri May 04, 2018 3:45 pm

I updated my planner. Yea for progress.
Working on the home blessing.

Kasalia

Postby Kasalia » Mon May 28, 2018 12:23 am

Does anyone combine planners and she cards together. If so how?

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon May 28, 2018 4:11 pm

hi, Kasalia, yes, I do. For me, the cardfile is the main guide. The planner reminds me about the time element of it. For instance if I need to plan extra time because some deep clean is about to roll around, or a large Desk Day push will be needed, or I want to take advantage of having one of our sons available at that time, that sort of thing. To help remind/plan, I have used 2 matching color small paper-clips on an upcoming card and a page/day of planner if it was going to be an important part of day for some reason. In general, I am not strict on times.

Usually on cleaning chores, I consider the cardfile a rotation, with no particular date having to be a "deadline" for getting something done. (Desk Day is way different of course.) But sometimes it's a big help to be able to say a certain day/time will be perfect for a job, if weather, help or enough time makes a difference. For houseguests coming, I try to think backwards, about what are the things I'd like to get done just before they arrive, the day before they arrive, that sort of thing, so the planner helps there.

Mom's day - I forgot some things, remembered some things. It was mostly a success.

Kasalia

Postby Kasalia » Tue May 29, 2018 1:38 am

Thanks Harriet, like the paper clip idea.

I was thinking as I have a Happy Planner weekly I use, rather than jot everything down as I do now, to incorporate my old zones per week under new tabs, and then just dump which ever zone cards in Monday, (Sunday being my desk day ) and doing what I could per day and keep them moving along each day till Sat. As I go, filing back into the zones tab, till it starts again.

Dailies would just be every day, weeklies also incorporated

Can you see this working or am I missing something.I had been thinking about this before I gave up on them, handily they are still in zones sort of.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue May 29, 2018 12:11 pm

Kasalia I use a planner now mostly. My cards are for reference and to do in the happy planner is what I do on task lists. Notes pages work great for montly / zones and weekly home blessing items, and basic weekly plan scheduling on the calander. There are digital ideas on u tube and android apps also like address ph. Numbers in phone. Got ideas from flylady kat blessed has put links up to her u tubes. Look in PWYC post when you can for a link. Topic is up today.

Kasalia

Postby Kasalia » Tue May 29, 2018 7:05 pm

Pulled up Flylady Kat, looks like a bit of homework., see if I can get more ideas. Have done the FL system no cards, straight off her web, but you know being sidetracked kicks in.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue May 29, 2018 10:08 pm

How to plan your week was the one u tube I was thinking of that Flylady kat did.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Wed May 30, 2018 4:57 pm

I have done my weekly review, monthly review, and 6 mo. Review I am feeling productive after doing that.

Return to “Cardfile Central”