Health and Fitness, June 2018

Share healthy living habits.
Harriet

Health and Fitness, June 2018

Postby Harriet » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:31 am

Welcome to our thread about benefiting health and fitness!

We are challenging ourselves to greater well-being and encouraging well-being in our family members. Each of us is learning - recognizing needs and finding personal balance. As homemakers, when we take care of ourselves, we increase the strength, stamina, resistance and optimism we have to enjoy life and to be nurturing to others, whether in our homes, extended families or community.

LadyMaverick

Re: Health and Fitness, June 2018

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:07 pm

Review of the past month.

Things I did well -
** 100% daily planning food.
** 100% eating 24 oz of vegetables daily
** 100% eating 8 oz of fruit daily
** 100% working the 12 steps including an action plan for every day
** 75% daily walking in the mornings
** Consistently sleeping over 7 hours a night (average)
** Lost 2.5 lbs.

Things I need to improve -
** I am not following my food plan 100% consistently. I am eating extra. I want the discipline to just eat what I plan! I am not seeking perfection. I am seeking consistency and integrity.
** I should set a daily step goal but for some strange reason, I can't get interested in it. I do monitor my daily steps but they are done without a plan or goal.
** Stay away from Peanut Butter! It is now on my trigger food list.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:47 am

What I did good in May: got a handle on the mental barrier to weight loss. I no longer panic when I'm hungry. I do know where that comes from, I figure it's my years being so deprived of so many foods with my allergies as a kid, also being majorly afraid to spend money on food when I was first on my own as an adult. Not that I ever starved or any of that, it's just where my mind goes.

Now I think calories (unless pure protein or veggies or good food) are evil and harmful. No I'm not on the road to an eating disorder. I like food way too much for that!

Last month I lost almost 4 1/2 pounds but considering I only got a handle on that the last 2 weeks of the month, that's really good for me. So far this month I'm down about a pound.

I have determined a plaster and bandage splint weighs almost a pound! :lol:

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:54 pm

I got a walk in with the dog yesterday morning.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:50 pm

That's' great, LadyM. Several important successes. You are taking control - kudos!

Harmony, you sound almost upbeat! That's wonderful about the weight. HRH also has had to figure out his attitudes toward food in light of childhood lack, in various forms, physical and emotional.

My birthday the other day marked 2 years without meat or fish.

I got in 3 perfect healthy habits days again in May, just like in April, with 24 checkmarks each. I've discovered that the high teens are a pretty expected average for me. Folks came at me on my birthday with cake and other desserts that just took my appetite for my more usual fare, and I was also so busy I couldn't fill in my eating log to "see" it happening. I had near constipation in response, so it's definitely time to get back to normal.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:30 am

I have some good news down 5 lbs. Yea, clothes fit better. Daily gardening is helping. Heading out to walk dog while it is still cool out.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:56 pm

Had some of my fiber drink last evening, that helped a bit.

I guess HRH and I are in the same boat with food. Hope he is feeling better re: muscles.

I had something wrong with me as a kid that was never really figured out. I had NO appetite. A few tiny bites and I'd be full. It was like I had no saliva, everything tasted really really dry whether it really was or not. I could hardly swallow. Once the dr. gave Mom some sort of medicine to give me to increase my appetite and apparently it didn't work as we didn't try it again.

I was so skinny I couldn't wear skirts because they wouldn't stay up on my hips. I had no boobs for many years and delayed puberty. Dr. checked that didn't find anything. It was before the days of hormone testing and back then girls were later than they are now.

But with all that, I've always been prone to Low BS and for that reason, now don't like the feeling of being empty. I had to get used to that and I'm over that hump for now. So I have a lot of issues over food and amazingly no eating "disorder" thank goodness. I seem to be doing better right now.

Another couple oz. off.

RunKitty

Postby RunKitty » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:28 pm

WTG, LadyM, Harmony, Nancy, and Harriet!!!! Great progress for everyone!

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:23 am

I am trying to decide on an event they are doing a potluck & rock painting thing. So far all the gals are larger than me it maynet be the wisest choice for me. Sigh...

First round of activity today has been loading weeds into trash cans from gardening adventure last week. Did 2 more of rounds of weeding. Did not go to the pot luck, walked w ddog in the field.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:43 am

Hi, Harmony!
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Healthy Habits”