Finally Friday!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Finally Friday!

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:48 pm

Sat down again to take a break before starting the lunch and afternoon activities. I like to update my list of things I'm trying to accomplish today each time I take a break. I am keeping 2 columns. The items in the left column are things I want to do today. The items in the right column are things I have accomplished or at least made some progress. It brings me great satisfaction each time I drag one of the left items over into the right column. I'm easily amused. :)

After lunch, DGS21 and I will take DGD7 to the big city hospital so she can go with DSIL family (details in J&C). If possible we will visit DSIL while we are there. Hopefully, we can accomplish this trip in about 4 hours.

My break time goes by fast! Time to go. *POOF*
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:02 pm

just a quick hi. HI!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:58 pm

Back from town, got my prongs tightened on one of my rings it was catching on my clothing. Found a band I wanted at w~mart got it, glad they still had it on stock, one for gardening.

I ran out of steam still need to do the floors. Got a letter off to my dsis.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:07 pm

Hi everyone! I just CUOPed and realized I never looked in on Thursday. Ok, because I was getting stuff done, both at payroll and at home. Today's WTF is to make sure vacation cat arrangements are dealt with. I also have to deliver a cat to the coordinator so she can be seen while I help friend move. Another thing on my list is that I am on the hook for July updates for the church website. This is day three of needing migraine meds, what the heck is going on?

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:20 pm

Thinking about Bookie's question, I started about 3 weeks ago putting cubes of ice into even my morning pint of water. When I get ready for a meal, I drink a pint of ice water before the meal - I really can't fool around with chancing dehydration. It's time to just about give up on outdoor walking times, or dd's bike rides. Maybe, maybe the early morning. It would be wise, I'm thinking, to fix up the stepping machine thingie directly in front of a tv again so that it is more sensible for longer times.

Now is the time of year I put blocks of ice into our hens' water. I regularly just pull hanging baskets up onto the porch where I realize they won't get enough sun, but will not burn up if I forget them either!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:15 pm

I like to update my list of things I'm trying to accomplish today each time I take a break. I am keeping 2 columns. The items in the left column are things I want to do today. The items in the right column are things I have accomplished or at least made some progress. It brings me great satisfaction each time I drag one of the left items over into the right column. I'm easily amused.
I often do the same thing, LadyM. I, too, am easily amused. :D Though I can't say I've accomplished much today.

Dh will just 'love' the fact we're having chili warmed up for dinner -or most likely not. Just need to use it up. Also did up 3 small containers for the freezer. Our 'cooking friend' brought over chicken parm last night and banana bread this morning. I simply put the parm in the freezer. There's just too much going on this weekend. Dh's 80th birthday is Sunday and we're celebrating tomorrow evening with our family and friends. DD has made a big poster to put in our front yard either late tonight or very early tomorrow morning -along with 9 balloons. Got them yesterday as we knew that was the only day we were going to be able to do that. I have no clue how he got to be 80 when I'm still only 40! :mrgreen:
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:17 pm

Most of the day has not gone according to plan, but that's ok because nothing in the plan was vital except for attending the library program.

I got caught up in answering emails and thus didn't get to the library early enough to read newspapers before the program started. No big deal, I'll borrow them tomorrow when I close the library, and read them as time allows over the weekend.

The musician at the library was delightful. He played guitar, sang his original cleverly funny songs, and tap danced. He involved all ages in the audience from his first song all the way through. He taught sing-along parts. He did a song about a frog and encouraged all the kids to hop around the room. For 1 song he chose 6 volunteers and gave them percussion instruments to play -- maracas, tambourine, washboard & thimble, cowbell, tin can filled with beans to shake -- and a squeeky dog toy! :lol: He even convinced almost all of the kids to dance with each other up front during the final song. So much fun.

The program was about 45 minutes long, and afterward I stayed to help the children's librarian put away chairs and reset the room for another group to have a meeting in there Monday. Disappointed that no one else helped. I was on my own time, not paid, so that was my good deed for the day. :)

Mcd's was crowded and their a/c could not keep up. I didn't stay there long.
Stopped at the grocery store to pick up lettuce and a cucumber.

When I got home I checked emails and then went up to the bedroom to turn on the a/c to cool the room. I thought oh I'll just lie down for a few minutes before I start my project. I fell asleep for more than 2 hours! :o

Set my big cutting mat on the bed and went to get my fabric and scissors. At that point, DH came home early (because he worked way overtime last night) and he decided he wanted a nap. I put my cutting mat and supplies away, and decided to start a load of laundry instead.

I need to chop some more vegetables to add to the pasta salad. The kitchen is like a sauna even though I haven't cooked anything since early morning. I've been sipping a big glass of ice water. I also wet a bandana and tied it around my neck; it's wonderful how much such a simple trick helps me keep cooler.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:18 pm

I have no clue how he got to be 80 when I'm still only 40! :mrgreen:
:lol:

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:45 pm

Dh was certainly anxious for it to FINALLY be Friday! I guess I was too. This has been a long week! It was nice to have a quiet day with no one around but the two of us.
We did nothing all day except for taking a ride in the forest.

OTOH, now I am reconciling the checkbook and as usual, the bank and I do not agree. This month, I’m looking for a mysterious $29.93 error....
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:03 pm

I vacuumed the living room just the middle. Will swish n swipe the master bathroom x. H is working a bit late but does not work Sat. Yea. Watering still hose is on just a bit so I am moving it every hr or so.

On my to do lists in my planner I put flower around the tick off circle inking those in diff. color has been fun for me.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”