Saving Sat.

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Saving Sat.

Postby Nancy » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:48 am

In honor of the kitten Ella found which leading too the rescue of the 5 Saved kittens yesterday.

How is your Sat going? I am up and have fed the hens, made coffee, checked my bs took first meds. Thanks for the hydration talk on hsre it helped me to remember to hydrate. Next up journaling and dailing planning.

We had rain in the nite so grateful bc I do not have to water today yea!
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

Harriet

Re: Saving Sat.

Postby Harriet » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:54 am

Hi, Nancy. That's a great topic. btw, I'm happy a little one could escape danger like that.

I was getting ready to post, too, but I realized mine thought was more a "decluttered home" thought, so kinda belongs there.

I had a storm in my brain as I awakened this morning and I think I know how to approach my dreaded office papertiger now.

Today is our household Desk Day.
Disappointment over forgotten groceries looms. Sigh - will I drive out or won't I?

I'm going to try "vegetables for breakfast" today. An idea I read for more effective postponement of any craving for sweets we may have. Switching meals up a little so that early meals are more certain not to affect us. Interesting.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:12 am

I think I know how to approach my dreaded office papertiger now.
Do tell, Harriet!

I'm trying to put my day together. Just turned on the AC. Had tried it with the door open for a while. Not happening. Supposed to go to 90 or so today, but tomorrow will be the absolute scorcher. Know the heat index is to be 111 -pretty unheard of in these parts. Hoping not to go to DS-R's till late this afternoon. Know dd and dsonil are working security out by the drive entrance from 10-3. Long time in this heat. Dh went to work about 6am and I'm sure won't be done until 11pm -after the fireworks. I have to say I will be quite glad when today is over. Always a 'crazy' day here at the campground. Heard that channel 13 is coming out to do some filming today/this evening. Think that came from dd talking with a reporter from there a couple of weeks ago. Had a bad accident just up the road from us and dh was there for 9 hours. She'd taken water to him and this channel happened to be there and were asking her questions. DD told the reporter she stays here at GP during the summer. Gal hadn't heard of it and dd mentioned the fireworks show here as probably the best in the county. Reporter said they'd have to check it out -so there you have it.

Going to celebrate dh's birthday tonight (it's tomorrow actually). The pub is serving breakfast tomorrow and I think we're going to go down for that. Dsonil learned last evening that his dMom is doing much worse. They made arrangements for him to fly to FL tomorrow morning. At that point he still didn't have anyone to pick him up (in Sanford, FL). He'll use his Mom's car once he gets down there. Almost think dd said his mom was taken to the hospital. She has a lot of fluid building around her lungs. She has a DNR in place so he's real nervous about getting down there asap. DD got him a round trip ticket -coming back on Thursday but doubts that will happen. Going to be real interesting if DD also has to fly down. Wouldn't have been a problem if it weren't for their new puppy. Know I just can't watch her and she definitely can't stay in their camper all day. Going to be an interesting dilemma.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:34 am

Morning

Easy day around here...temps will be 110, so I will make sure to take plenty of water with me while I’m out. Temps are common around here this time of the year.

Morning routines done, bed mad, sink’s shining. Footprints picked up last night.

Harriet ... since I’ve been eating low carbs my sugar carvings have disappeared. However I do take a bite out of Sweetie’s banana and eat a strawberry or two when I make his morning smoothies.

Dee... some vets boader dogs and cats. We take our dog to our vet to kennel him while we’er gone. Your dad might want to call around and check in case she can’t find anyone to help.

Waving to y’all..coffee’s next... off to start my day!
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:43 am

I'm trying to get moving more today and hopefully feel better. I've already walked the dog (before it gets hotter today) and I have a lol started.

-breakfast and meds
-refill meds for the week while I'm at it
-s2s
-clear kitchen counters
-head out to the vet and Goodwill to pick up ear stuff for the dog, and drop off at Goodwill
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:08 am

This morning is not going well but I choose to be happy.

hi d nancy!
hi d harriet!
hi d rose!
hi d twins!
hi d dee!

my dd older and my dh wanted me to cancel the cleaning ladies. I didn't. they are coming between 10 and 12. dd older isn't happy as she has because she has been working until midnight - she is taking care of her bosses event for next week. She wants to relax. dh, oh my ding dong, oh my dear Goodness, and so many other words is so upset that the ladies are coming. I asked him about a bottle of water and he almost bit my hand (type of thing). I am one of the ' oh no you didn't just do that type of person - if he talked to me and told me his frustration I would be fine but I don't have any room for disrespect. He does not like having people in the house to clean or anything that makes him move out of the way.

personally I understand the frustration but no one else does the weekly home blessing or major work and I want to catch up.

the immature side of me said "Fine = I won't do it at all - I will go on on strike = boy that little kid in me can be so dramatic. :roll: Also my inner brat thought wow they are selfish - they should know the pressure I feel" lol :lol: what a martyr! :roll: ;)

if i stop housework then I will have to do it eventually and it will be ten times harder.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:20 am

bw2, I'm so sorry your dfamily isn't on board. I had dcleaning lady skip dkids rooms when they wouldn't do the clean up to get the room read for her.

And there's been a biting husband here as well. This was last night...I am so tired of every little thing setting him off with me. I wasn't trying to argue I was wanting to discuss...if we are going to NYC for thanksgiving on the monday of that week, we don't need to stay until the next Sunday p.m. late to come home. I think it would be an imposition on our cousins since we won't have a car, would have to ck out on Sunday a.m. and will have already spent Thurs, Friday and Sat with them. Decided we will come home on Sat a.m. but price went up (of course) while we "discussed."
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:06 pm

totally understand d twins too. thanks for understanding!
dd younger is fine with it bc she sees the work I do.
I agree with you - if their rooms aren't cleaned up then no vacuuming or dusting. They just wanted to be left alone. I kind of figure if they don't get it done then they have to pay the consequences of doing it themselves.

dh is that mode right now.

my dad did that with a house my d mom found and it was sold right under them. Perfect price. It was a great house right on the lake. I can't even imagine what it goes for now. 8-)

dh mood continues. angry-a grumble here and there about everything. I know once the house is clean he will be better (about an hour or two after) :roll: :D
he heard the news and took our flag down as well. I told him he couldn't take all the bunting off or remove the little flags I put up. It took some work getting the 4th of july stuff up on the house. He put the flag back after dd younger talked to him. He is unhappy and he tends to stay in that zone for a while. he is more the 1/2 glass empty kind of guy - maybe that's why we generally balance each other out. I feel bad for him that he makes himself so frustrated and unhappy over the littlest things. He is a man of his own routines. He loves to putz and do the stuff he likes to do each day. Wait until the men come to cut out the scrub trees and trim 2 big trees so they don't break. ;)

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:10 pm

he wants to eat where he wants to eat. So poor ladies have to clean around him as he grumbles. I might have to remind him that it is not their fault and to be kind.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:31 pm

Dh came home in a better mood, bw2, your time is coming. He said we must have talked before about coming home on Saturday because he hadn't made a hotel reservation for Sat night!

Return to “Post When You Can”