Wednesday Weighing Our Options

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Wednesday Weighing Our Options

Postby Nancy » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:02 am

I love having the opportunity to read every ones plans today. Hens woke me at 5:30 this morning. I need to think about some inside stuff not sure about other things. Dishes and laundry are current. 50* this morning. Br-r it is cold.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:52 am

that is cold! d nancy have a great 4th.

hi d twins have fun at your get together

hi d dee! cheering you on as you do your routines

wishing you a good day d lady

yay on your routines being completed.

went to grocery store - bc I couldn't yesterday. I have to bring appetizers
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:52 am

now to finish kitchen routine and a load of laundry
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:30 am

I learn so much from you ladies. I've been using this Micronesian wisdom for years and I didn't even know it.

LadyM, I understand the energy bucket. I hope yours is replenished well.

Desk Day done.

We are still "on the fence" about the furniture store. It's a little frustrating to work against HRH's various reasons for scheduling at the last minute. But I do "get" that he wants me there if he's going to buy for the LR, even if it is just one item. There is a sale for the holiday, but I doubt seriously that you save much waiting for a sale.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:30 pm

I like the Kukaro. I do that when I need to.

We are getting grey overhead again. For several days we've had really dark skies appear and storms with a whole lot of thunder but not much rain. I don't know what this means for our fireworks tonight. I remember one year there was a rain which came in and they did the fireworks as quickly as they could, one right after the other. I hope we get a break this year in the weather. DH always wants to go. I hate the traffic.

I'd like to recommend a book. Was on our "new" shelf at the library. Home Sweet Maison by Danielle Postel-Vinay - The French Art of Making a Home. I think especially blessed should enjoy it. It's about how French homes are organized and run and how their rooms are set up and how it affects their lifestyle. How people interact and families live together (for one thing a sit down dinner every night and NO electronics at the table. It was very informative and I learned a lot about what frustrates me around here.

Here's some links from the book: look up boutis quilts (which are like our matelasse) lovely french whole cloth quilts all over the internet - just beautiful. Another one: (and these are in French which is interesting to hear and watch) comment plier un drap-housse which brings up 3 you-tube videos about how to fold a fitted sheet. Apparently the French are much neater organized people than we Americans are. (And they iron everything including sheets and cloth napkins!)

And the last one she mentioned is http://www.carbona.com all about stain removers. At the very bottom are laundry stain removers and there is a whole set of bottles one can buy for all the different stains we get on our linens. I looked up stores where to find these and 1 place is A ce Hardware and there were many others.

Author lived in S. France and has a French husband, they now live in New York city.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:59 pm

Happy 4th...

Harmony ... I must be French and didn’t know it. I iron my sheets, napkins and place mats, plus most of my t-shirts. I like things nice and smooth. I iron many of Sweeties shirts, but not sure if he cares, but he does love sliding into cool ironed clean sheets and says.... ahhhh, all the time.

I have a bunch of very ripe bananas so I see banana bread in the near future.

Too hot and too bright for me to venture outside again. The combination of the two set off my CH... cluster headaches. I am becoming a vampire and only going out at night. It is brutal right now with temps expected to be 114*. Good thing I like to read ... tv is too boring for me most of the time. I hope to take Willis to our training on Sat but will wait to see abt the temps... even at 8 am the temps are around 95*. Can’t even swim unless it’s dark.

Off to bake my bread...slow and easy is my theme today.

Waving to y’all... happy Independence Day!!!
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:22 pm

S2s happened gave my red white & blue on, just not feeling very festive. My least fav. holiday. I had hoped to stay ib w ddogd, but h had an errand. Got up so early thinking of a hap lol! Might grill up some lunch.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:05 pm

Homeschool lessons are completed.
Four dishes are ready to take to the family gathering.

Next up is spending some time reading a book and organizing the fun room. Harmony - your book looks very interesting! I'm currently reading Finally Focused: The Breakthrough Natural Treatment Plan for ADHD That Restores Attention, Minimizes Hyperactivity, and Helps Eliminate Drug Side Effects
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:59 pm

Nancy... no big celebration going on here either. However hamburgers and French fries... for Sweetie anyway will be for dinner. Our neighbor puts on a huge fireworks display each year sonSweeti and I will sit outside by the pool and watch it. Would watch it while in the pool, but Willis doesn’t make that much fun cause he wants to get in and pester me. He doesn’t like fireworks much but doesn’t want to be in the house when we’re outside so my guess is he’ll end up in one of our laps... all 60lbs of him.

Harriet.. thought of you when I was tieing on my apron. I usually don’t cook with out one especially when I bake. Beach Boy music was great to cook with. And I always clean and put away when I cook so clean up never takes long. Have a sparkly clean kitchen with blueberry banana nut bread in the oven.

Sweetie came in the kitchen just as we finished and gave me a hug... good music on so we swayed a bit to it for a moment, and then I laughed and say... hey look we’er dancing in the kitchen. He laughed ands say... no I’m swaying and you’re doing the two step. He’s not much of a dancer so that’s the best he can do. I don’t care, I’ll take it.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:51 pm

Got to visit for a couple of hours with our former pastor and her dh (he was a 50+ year member of our church.) They flew in from Chico, CA this weekend for a Baptist Peace Fellowship at Keuka College. They made a side trip up here today to visit with us and friends around the corner. Then they were going to a family reunion/picnic at his dsis's house. How refreshing that was. I would love to go visit them but I'm so afraid of making a long trip any more. FL is about my limit.

Going over to DS-R's for ribs and such in about 2 hours. Tomorrow is DS-A's 47th birthday. Want to get over there at some point today or tomorrow.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Return to “Post When You Can”