do you know what's ahead this week - Good morning Sunday!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: do you know what's ahead this week - Good morning Sunday!

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:23 pm

Home from church and lunch at our favorite place.

DS9 has a friend here. I've spent the last hour piddling with the earthboxes while monitoring the boys in the swimming pool. Both of them are good swimmers so it didn't require me to "watch" them but just be around so they don't go crazy with the boys-will-be-boys horseplaying in the pool.

Now the boys are playing Fortnite. Did you know The Floss dance came from the Fortnite game? This morning DS9 was doing The floss dance and was observed by a 1st Grade teacher. She hadn't seen that dance moves before and had DS9 do it in slow motion. With her experience, she immediately picked up that he was crossing the center of the body which helps the mind to develop. I guess all those hours of DS9 doing The Floss dance is a good thing. :)
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:51 pm

That floss dance reminds me of "the twist" back in the day.

Got another round of branch moving done they are staged near the pass through point to go in the front yard to be loaded into the trailer. The yard is looking better.

Finally finished my journaling. I iced my finger broke blood vessel it stung, taped it too so I am working slower than normal but still making forward progress. ...later got all of the branches out of the back yard, 3 biggest ones still to be loaded I will attempt in the morning.

I watered the back yard.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kasalia

Postby Kasalia » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:52 pm

Nancy I too have been watching the boys being rescued 4ks is a long way for the rescuers let alone boys who cant swim. Divers who arent Navy seals are exhausted. Its mon. Morning for me and looks like they are prepping for the next group. I need to get off my butt. :lol: :lol:

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:20 pm

Sitting down to take a look at the week and do a little planning.....

I'll be taking DMom to two doctor appointments this week. Wednesday is for her yearly eye exam which always takes 2 hours because of the dilation and glaucoma. Friday I'll take DMom for Abdominal Ultrasound. Plus taking her to get the first of two shingle shots. And I'm sure at least one of our outings will include a shopping trip to WM for her things. I will be spending over 8 hours this week devoted to DMom care.

I've been waiting for a week where DS9 can take the California Achievement Tests. I'm going to try and get the tests done this week. We need several hours over a period of several days for him to be tested in multiple subjects. These are not mandatory tests but are just for my knowledge. I can compare the test results to last year test results and see where DS9 has made progress and where he needs more work.

I have a friend having open heart surgery in the morning. I will be monitoring and be checking up on her over the next few days while she is in the hospital and recovering.

Otherwise, I think it will be a normal week for me. I am thankful for normal.
1. Know what you want.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:46 pm

Big sigh of RELIEF! Our CPA called and told me to bring him the IRS letter and our tax return being questioned. It took the CPA about 3.2 seconds to point out that I had put the figures on the wrong line. He asked if I wanted him to fix it and write a letter to the IRS explaining the mistake. ABSOLUTELY YES! Lesson learned.......I will never EVER fill out another tax return as long as I live. I am taking it to the CPA even if it is ridiculously easy. I do not want to be on the IRS radar again.

I'm done for the day. Sweet Dreams
1. Know what you want.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:45 pm

thanks, Nancy and lucylee

My hair almost looked as good as lucylee's, but we had high morning winds here! Whoosh! :lol: Oh well, can't keep up any more! :lol: thankfully, wind can't blow the color away, so at least I have that.

church was as expected. dd came at last minute for service. I have some concern for our tenor, who has been suffering from what he thought was vertigo, but turns out to be a stone in the ear. Did not even know this happens to us, but his dr explains that our ears are always passing tiny stones like kidneys and gallbladder do. Every once in a long while, a stone can become lodged, causing dizziness and possibly pain. He felt well enough to sing, but told me if he fell he expected me to catch him! His sister said no, if he goes you better let him fall! ( he is a big guy!) He didn't feel well enough to stay afterward but went straight to his car, very unlike him. This can evidently become very pronounced very quickly. Who knew? As you can imagine, I told him to drink more water... ... (? I don't know - makes sense to me.)

after church, we went on one errand. We had $8 worth of coupons on a time limit to use at pharmacy 1, and the household really in need of itchy-eye drops (HRH) and superglue to make dgs6 feel better about the broken kitty-dish. So that worked out well.

kitty dish is fixed now.

Dstepson borrowed the truck to go buy a futon. His mil and sisil are having to spend the night with them tonight on their way to a funeral tomorrow, and they were considering buying a futon anyway.

When he got back he and HRH did some work on the lawnmower.

LadyM, glad to hear you had such a welcome relief today.

I've spent the rest of the day reading and putting in 15s.

Return to “Post When You Can”