Monday Back to Business

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Monday Back to Business

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:29 am

Weird week last week with the holiday in the middle of the week. Thank goodness, it's back to business this week, with a "regular" week.

Let's use it to our advantage to get back to the business at hand, whatever it is. Decluttering, caring for others, or the usual routines, we have the week at our disposal!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Re: Monday Back to Business

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:36 am

Thank you for getting us back to business d twins!!

wishing you and everyone a great day.

I ended up with a bad gallbladder pain??? I ate badly the night of the concert and I paid for it yesterday afternoon and evening. My body can't do that anymore (lol it shouldn't have done it in the first place long ago) :shock: :lol:

today instead of my kitchen and laundry room weeklies I have to do errands starting with d mom's car.
I am hoping since I planned (hopeful :D ) for the week that I slowly work on "finishing the process" - not crazily but simply

Leaving in a bit but I want to give my morning routine a go! HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:44 am

As usual, I need to get moving this a.m. I am going to IKEA in ATL with dd today, and need to pick her up in less than 1.5 hours. Between now and then I need to do as much of a.m. routine as possible, including walking ddog.

DD and I had talked about going today, and I had agreed, then thought she had forgotten. So she did remember and we are going today. :shock: Busy week, I am leaving midday on Friday so this really just leaves me three days this week. But family and keeping ones commitments are pretty important also.

Right now:
-change clothes, brush teeth, clean up
-breakfast and meds
-walk the dog
-clear kitchen counters
-make the bed
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:00 am

I am up and need to get back to my routines and inside stuff like floors need attn. It is just before 6 ddog got me up when h started the coffee to get ready for work. I slept well. They said 8th person was out of the cave now, rescue will pause and resume again later I asume they are filling & replacing used oxygen tanks. Journaling done, when I wake up a bit more. Outside yd. I front to do. Done. I need to s2s. Waving to eveyone.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:15 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYVqPQRSnsw&t=830s finishing the process - I have needed this since I came back home.

so far: s2s (no perfume bc of bees and wasps)
dogs, cats and myself fed
meds me and dogs
had cats in yard with me for a bit - they loved it.
flip flopped laundry (my white monday laundry is in!!! first time back on track in weeks)
clean sink
dishes in dw
put away in the family room
warming up already
checked my calendar
off I go!

HAVE A GREAT ONE!
Last edited by blessedw2 on Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:17 am

hi d nancy! so happy to hear about those boys!
hi d twins! hope you enjoy IKEA - and I am sending you a productive easy week even though it is busy!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:26 am

Good morning everyone! I have checked the daily loads (ok) and rescheduled a conflict. Next up, the No Shows query. We took two adoption applications at Saturday's adoption clinic, neither for my fosters. DD16 was not fond of my gluten free chicken on a stick. She did not consider it awful, just ok. I am going to try just soy sauce for the marinade instead of teriyaki. Also, there may have been too much ginger in the teriyaki. It was grilled and it was easy, despite the x being convinced I could never handle a grill. (His mom grew up in a brake shop and took apart cars, where did he get his ideas?) I have a beautiful MBR closet now, and some progress on the other MBR closet. I finished a dress for a Monster High doll. Catrine deMew now looks like she borrowed a Victorian influenced gown from Rebecca Steam. We did make church, but a friend I wanted to see was not there.

Two things to cue the Hallelujah Chorus for: I FOUND my timer! And the cats tried to eat from the same bowl and were 4" apart and there was no hissing or growling. (I did fill the second bowl quickly so it would stay that way).

Today/tonight essentials: call insurance, bills and budget, library returns/rechecks, contact someone about an adoption event, home emails.

Glad to hear that LadyMaverick's tax troubles can be solved with a letter.

blessedw2: If you have gall bladder issues, get it out ASAP. It will not get better and there is no alternative treatment. In addition to removing severe pain, your Maalox consumption will drop precipitously.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:51 am

It feels like DMom has called 834 times this morning. She is confused and mixing things up like never before. I hope this mental confusion is from a poor night sleep. ANyway - the end result is another doctor visit this week. I'll take her on Thursday to the cardiologist because they don't like the results of her tests done last week. So that means I will be taking DMom to medical appointments on Wednesday, Thursday, AND Friday. In the spirit of being truthful.....DMom has only called 7 times in the last hour....not 834 times as I implied earlier

DD has decided she wants to work in the medical field after she spent 20 days in the hospital with DSIL. We are encouraging DD to follow her heart and have offered to pay for any classes/books. She is now enrolled in evening classes 5 days a week. She will work days and go to school in the evenings. DH and I are obviously eternal optimistic that don't know how to give up. We have been down this road with DD several times and here we go again. Adjusting my rose-colored glasses.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:56 am

I have checked my calendar. I have the dentist this week, a birthday card/present to get out soon; DH has continuing education all weekend long.

Usual things done Sunday after our lunch out after church. I am enjoying this time out with friends. If I'm with DH alone he tends just to talk about work, and with these friends I have other things to talk about. We don't get big meals, just a half sandwich and an apple or something; Yesterday I had a bowl of soup and 1/2 a roll. We still have red tide along our beaches and haven't been able to be at the beach at all this Summer.

So this morning I watched all the videos y'all posted. Learned to dance, to organize our home a-la 1949; and to finish things clear to completion. That is one of the things I've been trying to do. When I do this my house always looks pretty perfect and I have way less morning routine to do. I no longer put things into the dish drainer to dry, and I don't put things in the kitchen to-wash bin to do later after dinner. After dinner I no longer wait before I take care of our meal messes and as I cook I wash/dry/put away. It's only a few seconds each time and the effect is astounding.

LadyM, my 1st thought was who would be there taking care of DSiL while she is out taking classes? I know, more problems than answers, right?

My desk has been cleared. Big HD statement this time, and I had to pay for the new hot water tank which I'd forgotten all about. Glad I could handle that. Handed out check to someone who came for payment.

My allergies are bad today. Where did these ever come from? It makes my eyes feel heavy and sleepy. I figure while I'm not feeling great I can sit here and do spreadsheets so I have 2 big ones to work on.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:15 pm

My eyes are heavy too, Harmony -but then an hour & a half of sleep just doesn't cut it! :evil: Had to be up and on the road by 7:20 this morning for an 8:45 appointment for dh's pre-op. We were there plenty early but it was 'rush hour' so had no idea how to judge. It's really easy getting to the hospital though. Good to know. Now have lots of notes to jot down on the calendar as to when he can take certain meds.

Went by way of Spencerport on the way home to drop off my necklace that holds my ruby cross (dh gave that to me for our 40th wedding anniversary). The spring in the clasp is gone so surely don't dare wear it. For that little bitty clasp it costs a grand total of $81. :o Unbeknownst to him I handed them the receipt for my rings. He was very surprised and pleased. I probably haven't worn them in 30 years. Seems so strange to look down and see that diamond. See if my kids notice -and yes I am enjoying them, Nancy.

My body is screaming "NAP!" I'll be so glad when this surgery is behind us. Know dh is in constant pain. He tells them his pain level at the 'present' is a 2 -I know better.

Hardly seems possible, but dd only has a little over 3 weeks left to be here. That, of course, depends on her MIL and how she does in the next couple of weeks.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Return to “Post When You Can”