Wednesday - check your thoughts

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Re: Wednesday - check your thoughts

Postby lucylee » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:34 pm

Boy, I needed that thought for the day, LadyM — thank you! Like my uncle said, three weeks will pass before we know it, and dmom will be back home in a boot, hopefully. It will be easy. (LOL — dmom would probably argue that point, but for me, the one with good feet, it will be easy.)

I have definitely taken it easy today and have slept a lot and otherwise done nothing.
Must s2s and go pay ds’s homeowners insurance. We’re paying it as long as the house is partly in our name. Hopefully it will be more affordable for him when it is not classified as “rental” property.
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:43 pm

hello d lucy waving at you before I leave~~~
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:32 pm

Nancy - If you get to live in an RV or camper then you could be living the dream of many of my friends. They have talked about selling everything and living in a tiny house or RV. They like the thought of not having so much STUFF to deal with and living a simpler life. I have a nephew who is traveling the country with 3 kids and a dog in a 31' camper full time. They made the decision to sell their big house and live full time in the camper and they love the lifestyle.

I'm home from town and have safely delivered DMom to her home.

While I was gone from home we had 5 people drop by for a visit including their 2 little ones going swimming with DS9 and DGD7. DH said they all sat out at the deck and visited while watching the kids swim. I was planning to take DS9 and DGD7 swimming when I got home this afternoon but since they already spent an hour swimming I can do something else.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:39 pm

Hello. I have no list to report.

I did sort my desk.

I did empty the dishwasher.

And I did talk with a family member for a few hours. Stuff that has not been shared for a lot of years. I am glad for the sharing. I am sorry to hear of the problems but I agree with it all.

I guess I am feeling like many things are coming to a close. Stuff in my family. Stuff with DH and his work. He does say now that he knows he will have to quit working. He is not happy about it, but is sorta getting used to the idea. I bet he'll never like it and I'm just hoping he will find a way to adapt. We have a while to go before this happens.

(Twins). Changes are hard. I figured the car title was about the insurance part of it. Sounds like DD does not want to accept that responsibility yet.

When you think about it, a whole bunch of us here are going through a lot of changes.

Nancy, I would love to live in an RV. Well, maybe a very small place for home base, maybe an apartment (very small) and a small RV to go traveling in most of the time. You're right about houses and yards being a lot of work. I can sure say that about this place.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:04 pm

I am home again, and happy to announce that dd's car has been taken care of! :o I had a massage this morning, then sat at Whole Foods and regrouped a bit, then mani-pedi at 12:30, then went to temple to pick dd up and go to courthouse. And yes, I had to sign another form, but I was there to do it and it is all done now!

I am plumb worn out. Having a fruits snack and going to give myself 1 hr rest.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:25 pm

I left a book at the dr's office in a kind of sneeky way.
tossed the vcr tapes that the lib will not take.
Rinsed off the ddog.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:46 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLbsTbD5uUA I have been listening to this this afternoon during my decluttering.

I am finally feeling a bit more in control
slowly getting back on track with BWP and home blessing.

Hi d nancy... so cute about leaving the book at dr.s office :D

hi d twins yay on it being taken care of!!! time to enjoy a rest!!

hi d harmony! hey you did some important things. Yay!!! (((prayers for you sweet dh)))

hi d lady! welcome home from town! nice that the d kiddos had friends to swim with and that you have time for something else!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:17 pm

Got my laundry going finally. Triple digets in the fore cast for folks up the street camper life is not so fun here.

I have my planning done for tomorrow, mowing day in the morning.

More saw horses to dismantle in the cool of a morning.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:47 pm

Well, I get to say "Good Evening Everyone" today. Earlier just as I was going to post thunder, lightning and rain started, so I shut down and unplugged computer and phone. It was good, we got some much needed rain and cooler temps.

After I got going this morning and had most daily routine done, dh and I made a quick run to our closest grocery to pick up an RX refill and a few groceries we couldn't get at W-M on Monday. We got home in time for lunch. Tomorrow will be Desk Day, much needed.

I think almost all here are under some kind of stress these days. I hope we all have better days coming!

Dgd23 has graduated with her paramedic degree a few weeks ago. Over the weekend she also took the National Paramedic exam and I just found out the she passed that exam also. I'm so proud of her!

The sunset this evening is nice, lots of pinks, oranges and yellow. My body and brain are tired; time to say good night. ♥
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:56 pm

That's wonderful, Sunny. She needs frames!

Return to “Post When You Can”