Tuesday True Self

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Tuesday True Self

Postby Nancy » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:56 pm

Back from errands WM run done, got rx, found school supplies back in stock that I have been waiting for, energel pens yippie, I was out of 2 of my fav. Colors red and blue.

Knee is better, did an extra lap around the store.

Decluttered some of my rock collection on the way.

Have been gatheting up extra school and office supplies and to donate together so now is the time for that.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:15 pm

Just a quick c.i. to say hello. I didn't even turn the computer on yesterday, so I need to cuop. I hope all is well with everyone --- thinking of Dee and dh today also!

Spent most of yesterday doing some extra cleaning to get ready for dgd-H's visit. Got a text from her today saying they would be leaving this evening between 9 and 10 p.m.; we expect them to be here between 1 and 2 p.m. All the heavy work is done, just need some dusting, etc. and keeping the kitchen clean to be ready. I hope their drive is good, looks like there might be some rain along the coast.

Dh and I made a quick run to W-M this morning for some extra groceries. Dson#2 stopped by yesterday and mowed the yard; I didn't know he was coming, so it was a nice quick visit with him.

Lunch break is over; I need to check on dh and let dMinnie out for a few minutes. It is too hot to let her stay more than five or ten minutes.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:23 pm

Got a query revised, but it is taking far too long. Maybe I will try running it in SQL rather than SSRS.

I think Someone may be trying to tell me Something. One morning last week, I woke up wondering what my goals in life should be and now it shows up in the village. Or maybe others are on the same wavelength? Or maybe the upcoming dinner with the xBFF is making me feel like I have to justify my choices. But how many of them were my choices and how many did I just default into?

Enough funk. Time to plan something fun. Um ... I do have a vacation next week, I think I can fit some in. This afternoon, I will plan my evening post-dinner. I will plan a fun thing and a useful thing. Why wait until vacation?

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:31 pm

Deep thinking today. I'm not sure I think that much about things any more. It is enough to get through each day as it comes.

That was interesting to realize. I do admire several Biblical people and Jesus especially. I don't have any long term goals any more I don't think except to just get through these last working months. Man, makes me think I'm a very dull person these days. I better think about that.

Most of the day so far just doing paperwork. 1 out of 2 done and I've made big progress on the draw request. I have had a long conference with DH over that request and we filled the dining room table with papers. I'm going to do some more work on that. Will be nice to have it done. Now it's just the neatening it up and printing and getting it ready to send off. Our customers also have to sign this thing.

Off I go :arrow:

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:46 pm

My true self is not my ego, that is my idea of self, though it said a truly humble person can get closer to knowing /accepting their true self.
My true self is who G*d can see, …. without all the fluff and nonsense.
from my old MH support group - your true self is your happy self.

My guess this morning is I need to appreciate that I do have a true self, even if in my human self it seems a bit battered, and I often need to reset the steering of my life, With G*d's help, even if I don't know all the ins and outs of my true self.
The finding and being words - I think I imagined needing to do those, and the card was about appreciating your true self.

Today I need to switch off the computer and move away from it.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:38 pm

you are so right - the ego is not self!!! the true self is the inner thread you feel is right! it is your happy self d lynlee - good for you on turning of the computer!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:45 pm

hello hello!! I saw d sunny, d lynlee, d dee d harmony, d elizabeth, d nancy, d lucy, d harriet, d lady, d cathy, and to everyone of your dear ones - hello hello.

dd younger dr appointment went well. He was so happy to see dd off the meds that made her unstable. Her gluten free diet is causing less painful flares. ended up being out all day but had fun with d mom.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:45 pm

I'm so happy for her, blessed.

Elizabeth, I didn't see your question until now. prime just means that for a flat fee, you get free, often 2-day, shipping from A-river for the next year. It is helpful to my daughter more than me, because with her large, young family and work schedule, in-person shopping is a challenge. There are a few other benefits, but I haven't used any, really. She may. The "day" just means they have a sale and discounts.

Just hung a second laundry load to drip-dry. If I do this often enough, I'll whittle down my small loads.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:34 am

My true self is who God can see.
— That is a wonderful thought, Lynlee. I am thinking yes, of course He sees all our faults and failures, but He also sees all our potential and what we WANT to be, and He loves us so much through it all.
That is very comforting.

L o n g night. After the ballgame, ds wanted to come watch the MLB all-star game with dh and the dgrands were sooo wound up... running and screaming and just wild. Game wasn’t over till 11:00 pm...
We’re getting up at 7:00 for a day trip to Shiloh battlefield tomorrow. At least ds will be along to help with the driving. Whew.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”