Footprint Erasing Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Re: Footprint Erasing Friday

Postby CathyS » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:37 am

Dee I was referring to Jello. I had 2 boxes of peach jello, so I made both so we can compare them. One is a darker colour than the other. I will get back to you on the taste test.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:53 am

lucylee, do you need some inspiration? John Milton wrote in "When I Consider How My Light Is Spent" (an interesting sonnet, btw) that Patience says to us:

"They also serve who only stand and wait."

HRH grew impatient waiting on "the man".
He announced he was cleaning the porch (a big job) and so started moving furniture, requiring my help with the long glider and other things. So the laundry had more than one reason to wait.

The front yard now littered with chairs. Sigh. He'll be getting bleach stains on his clothes. (bleach un-stains?)

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:56 am

Morning...

Harriet, have to give credit to Sweetie for coming up with the term. I just look around the room’s surface to see what doesn’t belong and start there. Pick up and put stuff away. Takes less than 15 minutes to do because it’s part of my morning or nightly routine. Since my massive organizing of all my cabinets and drawers last year, my house is usually guest ready each day. Sometimes my pantry gets a little squrrielly, so I included straightening it up once a week during my morning footprint removal.

I’m happy to report my house stays so much better once I reorganized andnfound homes for every thing.if my home is not cluttered and in chaos neither is my head. My most improved area is my office. Took me two days to do it but the result is my office stays in great shape. I took P&P’s idea of shinny sink and applied it to my school desk. Never left for home until it was cleaned and now I apply that concept that concept to my home office.

My biggest challenge is keeping my side kitchen counter clear. That’s where my hot spot is. However since I have been removing my footprints and placed a small basket to catch my little stuff like sunglasses, that area is under control.

Sweeties original commment to me was... I can tell where you’ve been cause you leave your foot prints all over the House was a HUGH eye opener for me and I immediately got it.

Cathy... if you can, try flipping you mattress and also rotate your mattress... by that I mean rotate it so the head/top of the mattress is now at the bottom of the bed where your toes are. I flip and turn my mattress the first of the month and flip, turn and rotate the cushions on my couches every Monday. Makes
A huge difference on the wear and tear of furniture. I do this with my chairs as well but only do them at the first of the month because we don’t sit on them that much.
Lessons taught to me by my mother years ago.

Today is lunch with my ladies.. happy time for me.

Time for my second cup of coffee and Perry. Enjoy your day
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:13 am

YES I NEED INSPIRATION!
At first the nurse came out and said Dr would complete these papers this afternoon, when dmom has her appt...
These people do not seem to UNDERSTAND!
Asst living wanted this stuff TWO DAYS AGO!
Aaauuuuggghhh!!!

Every time I see them go to the copier, I perk up... but so far, nothing...
Tomorrow is another day.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:20 am

Finally!
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:24 pm

Morning blessed, Harriet and everyone, waving.

Did a rock drop, on the way home stopped by a yard sale for a look see, a guy had local honey, on their street got some, h. was asking about it last week. Gave the bee guy our son's # bc he does pest control, thought it would be good to have someone local to call for bee swarm collection. The other guy he had been calling lives 100 mi. Away.

After cutting pages for my planner! Now my bigger disc note book now holds sketch book paper the cover fell apart, so I had punched that paper for discs. I drew in my journal and inked over it. Makes it great to have a drawing one forth, one half and three forths of the way through them fell off the wagon for sketch book summer this year.

Exercise was filling in a hole in the back yard and on the exercise bike today.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:32 pm

Microwave is sparkling clean. During Perry I Put a large bowl in the microwave filled with water and vinager. Hit cook for for 10 minutes. Let it sit till Perry was over. Opened the door, washed the rotating dish, swiped the walls clean and put everything back together again.

Time it took prep and all: 8 minutes :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:45 pm

Home from multiple medical tests followed by several other stops. Today I had EKG (hoping I didn't flunk this one!), carotid ultrasound (both sides of neck) and echocardiogram (Heart sonogram). I'm hoping these test will finally put to rest any concern about my heart. My heart rate was above 60 bpm (barely) at the test so they didn't flag me as having bradycardia today. I go Monday for more blood work and get test results from today's test.

I stopped by Sam's and filled up with gas then filled the back of the Suburban with about $300 of groceries. It seems I am always buying more groceries but feeding 15+ meals and snacks a day means we go through a lot of food.

I picked up DMom's prescriptions and also got her a folding cane at the pharmacy. I dropped those things at her home and did a couple of chores for her. DMom is in the middle of baking banana bread. Many. Many. loves of banana bread. She had an assembly line going. She had several loaves on the counter cooling, her oven was full of more loaves baking and she had more batter made & ready to put into the oven when those loaves come out. All of these freshly baked loaves of banana bread will be given away.......friends, family, neighbors, the garbage truck crew, the water meter reader, the doctor office reception and nurses, the postman, etc, etc. etc. Basically, anyone who comes in contact with DMom gets banana bread. DMom likes to be busy and it brings her joy to do this. Win-Win.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:59 pm

Cathy - Your menu sounds so good! I haven't had perch in a long time. It is such a fun and easy fish to catch. I need to go fishing!!!!

Thank ya'll for the Anniversary wishes. It wasn't as quiet as I had hoped. I asked DH last night if we needed to go stay in a hotel room in order to get some alone time. It didn't work too well staying at home and expecting to have some downtime. Ohs Well. I am not complaining, just making an observation.

Dee - I totally understand about preferring to eat locally at the pub where they will cater to your dietary restrictions as well as make something special for your anniversary. It sounds perfect to me!

One one of my Homeschool groups they are discussing what they do for the first day of school. We school year round so there isn't a big distinction of last or first day. If he attended the public school he would have a list from the teacher of items to get plus it usually includes getting a new backpack, new school supplies, new shoes, new clothes, etc to start school. ANYway I decided to participate in some of the hype of the first day of school prep. I got DS9 a few new shirts today. A new pair of shoes is on the "need to buy" list so that will happen soon. New pencils and paper will probably be a good idea too.
Last edited by LadyMaverick on Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:04 pm

Well, of course when all the porch furniture was into the yard and the porch swept only, the man came. HRH was called away, then, to deal with that. Everything still just sitting... .. I can't do the solutions for the washing, etc. - he has his own way.

The reason he was ready to do this - both bird families flown. Yes, both. Now might be the time for me to get that one birdhouse more to where I want it. It's not that I want to lose safety for the little families. Sigh. Just want to avoid the mess. Have been told the birds probably keep the insects down - don't know. I know he likes seeing them, but it's ridiculous to tell visitors to shush because our front-entrance birdhouse needs quiet. :roll: He says the birds are much more pleasant than some of those who knock, so he doesn't think it's such a strange thing to say.

Laundry drip-drying.

The young man came over with a die-cut graphic decal he designed and made of dgs6's first name and put it on the new guitar. This designing is his workplace specialty for all kinds of indoor and outdoor signage, vehicles. I think it must be interesting. He just finished a large lot of braille signs for all the doors in a hospital. He says every day is different.

Return to “Post When You Can”