TOOT YOUR HORN THURSDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

TOOT YOUR HORN THURSDAY

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:58 am

Surely you have something to 'toot your horn' about today! I'll 'toot' my own horn this morning. Dh and I actually made it to our 60th anniversary today! And we kinda went together for nearly 4 years before that. (Of course you do realize that we were 'dating' while still in the womb'! :lol: ) It definitely feels more like maybe 40. We both are still so young. At least we feel it, despite several physical ailments for both of us. And people, dh especially, swear he's no more than 60.

I'm trying to pack to go down 'home' tomorrow. My class reunion is Saturday. Trying to review dh's changes in meds and when they have to happen -according to the present surgery schedule. We'll see what the gall bladder dr says -today hopefully.

Window guy is here. Our little pop out window in the front is broken -how we have no idea! They're just going to replace it with double strength window glass.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Re: TOOT YOUR HORN THURSDAY

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:10 am

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY SWEET DEE AND MR. DEE!!!

have a fun class reunion!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:12 am

yesterday I didn't sleep until bed time - headache disappeared!
did a home blessing and laundry! hung up laundry!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:17 am

Okay, I'll start! I finished the rough draft of the assignment last night around 10:30 and uploaded it. I reread it this a.m. and it's not bad...more work needed but that's what a draft is for. Some of the other assignments turned in weren't in proof argument format and weren't well structured, so I feel okay. I had a lot of trouble with doing a Word chart. I had worked in Excel but when transferred to Word it wasn't working right, so I'll figure that out this month also.

I was up late - almost midnight before I went to sleep, and then was up in the night with a cough too. I did sleep in a little today, and it's definitely a slow start day. I've walked the block with Muffin, M and Ruby.

-breakfast and meds
-make the bed
-start a lol
-brush and floss, wash up face, etc.
-clear kitchen counters

This will finish a.m. routine, once the laundry is done. I didn't get to start any after I got home yesterday afternoon - there was a water main break near here and water was very very low pressure until middle of the night.

Today:
-errands
----p/u meds at vet
---take large corrugated to recycle
---get cash
-start on research report for info found at DAR library
-look at powerpoint for library DNA talk and convert to PDF to send out
-thank you notes
---Dh's cousins
---ladies who ran program last week
-what else?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:22 am

♡ Happy Sixtieth Anniversary to Mr. and Mrs. DeeClutter! ♡

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:27 am

Wow! What a milestone birthday, Dee and Mr. Dee! You must have married as babies! :lol:
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:35 am

well done d Twins!!!

hello to you too d Harriet!

time for morning routine.
wake up dd soon as we need to go to neurologist bc her migraine is still with her - 8 days :(

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:49 am

((blessed's ddyounger))

((Harmony)), hoping today is better.

Great job getting the first draft accomplished, Twins'.

Elizabeth, if you peek in, enjoy the ride(s)!

It was my intention to be here earlier today but life happened. Our road and neighboring ones lost power because an ancient pine fell onto the lines. Only out for a short while - less than 2 hours and in good temperatures comparatively, so cannot complain. Anyway, that tends to detour and delay. I've gotten the two electric timepieces here re-set. Time to re-set me and the house.

Errand Day, I believe. Must check with dd to see if she needs to go with me or if it's okay to leave her here. I think she works the mid-day shift today. This evening ds' family comes over. Actually, I need to call ddil and let her off the hook of cooking for us - she had said we could change plans to that, and I bet she's worrying about it.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:53 am

Happy ann to MR. & MRS. DEE!

I have been watering picked up the herbs I dug out last evening and finished weeding that bed. So happy withe that progress. Hens are too they are munching on the herbs.

I have one more tree to cleen up around and weed I will work on it later.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:55 am

Happy Anniversary, Dee and DH! What an accomplishment. 8-)

(blessed) sorry about your DD. I know how you must worry about her. I hope she feels better.

I got up and got dressed but felt shaky and weak so I am just going to take it easy today again. I did get some work done that was waiting for me in the computer. Don't have enough energy to do anything else and my immediate problem is figuring out what is safe for me to eat right now. Maybe some soup. Yeah, soup day that'll work.

Return to “Post When You Can”