Trying Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Trying Tuesday

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:42 pm

(((your sweet mom d twins))) hope she heals from that fast

hi d nancy. good work as well.

home blessing is underway - kitchen is done.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:46 pm

A TaDa from yesterday was picking up a package UPS left at one of their own affiliates rather than leave on porch during the storm. I also tried to ship the package I've had ready to go for a long time, but the lady showed me how I could save so much money that I changed my mind and still have it here. (sigh)

HRH wanted to talk late into the night after watching a movie.
We decided to go out this morning together on errands. That worked out well.

:idea: The delightfully fun vintage movie was Miss Tatlock's Millions from 1948. I recommend it for a light-hearted time, although the disrespect of a handicap (central to the story) is a little hard to take. A nice full-circle wrap-up (which I love in a movie), and all the mean characters get what's coming to them. Richard Haydn (radio star Edwin Carp) directs, and he cast himself as a lawyer.

I did the first part of church monthly reports only. I've learned to break it down into manageable portions. I'll get to the next part later today.

I'm giving myself rewards of creative time.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:35 pm

Hi everyone. Today is definitely a trying day - I woke up with a migraine and stomach problems. Both are probably due to the lousy dinner I had last night. I am no longer 25, I cannot make a meal out of popcorn. Yesterday's plan was to work on the house in preparation for the party, but I got called away on errands. I did make some progress: extreme clean of a catbox, lots of filing, main kitchen table mostly clear. There was too much for my small shredder, so one errand was to Staples. Turns out they were having a promotion with up to 2 pounds shredded free! And I had 2 pounds.

I'm somewhat annoyed with my x. He sent me a spreadsheet of DD16's medical expenses and what I owe him for that. Is he entitled to the money? Yes. Do I intend to pay it? Also, yes, and by EFT to ensure promptness. Should I take his word for it? I don't necessarily suspect him of cheating me, but why should I trust someone who cheated on me with my supposed friend? Even if he were 100% guaranteed honest, that would not prevent honest mistakes, especially as he is confirmed dyslexic. I've asked for receipts to error check.

Not a very exciting weekend, because DD's finals actually ended yesterday, not Friday.

This afternoon, I need to make 2 DPCs. The next WTF is party invitations. Tonight, I need to do some work in the MBR and in the laundry room, partly for the party, and partly because they are driving me nuts! I've also got to go through some magazines and declutter them.

At payroll, I am still straining my brain on the report I was working on last week. Anything involving the changelog and history is a pain in the tailbone.

OK, I am going to make those calls NOW!

ETA: DPCs DONE! Also found out that foster cat Chelsea is coming back, primarily due to allergies and secondarily that she is not happy about the dog.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:29 pm

still working in 3 season room - I still believe we have extra animals somewhere in my house! I can't believe the fur!!!
I am almost caught up with my laundry. I still have put away to do in the basement.
dd younger wasn't feeling well and is now asleep. no work today.

still behind but better than sitting still.

hi d elizabeth! hope you feel better soon!
hi d harriet Yay on ta da - you will get that package shipped!!! I know you will.
(I look forward to seeing the movie)

hello all.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:57 pm

I made the huge mistake of thinking I could eat a biscuit yesterday. The effects of that mistake stayed with me for more than 24 hours. Sometimes I can get away with eating a small amount of bread but most times it makes me feel absolutely lousy. So why do I do it?? It makes my brain go foggy, my energy level to drop down to non-existent, and my stomach to hurt. Yug.

I stubbornly forced myself to do homeschool with DS10 today. We could have taken a day off but I was not feeling particularly fond of myself because of that bad decision so I made myself do it. When it was time to stop homeschool lessons so DS10 could go to piano lesson then I allowed myself to start the process of setting up the new laptop.

I have not been looking at my email messages. Like not looking at them at all. I have over 10K emails in my inbox and I just do a search if I need to find something. However today I needed to find an email from a person I didn't know her name or the title of the message so I couldn't find it by using search. That meant I was forced to review all the emails I have received over that last couple of weeks. JOY!! I found an email I was looking for but in the process, I also found an email I wasn't expecting. It has reminded me why ignoring emails is not a good practice.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:57 pm

Made it through the day barely.

My accomplishments:

1. watered the plants.
2. daily morning chores (made bed, tidied bedroom, unloaded dishrack)
3. made rice krispie square
4. made up a brown bag lunch
5. learned to lawn bowl
6. took the bus downtown and had my hair cut
7. took the bus back and picked up vegetable for dinner before walking home. Played the role of the bossy old lady on the bus. The bus was packed and tons of people were standing. There was no need for a backpack to have its own seat. Did that with only hand signals (since I didn't feel like engaging verbally) - tapped the selfish young man on the knee, pointed to the bag, his lap and then signaled he was to slide over. Then I tapped the girl on her shoulder and indicated she was to sit down. Worked like a charm.
8. slept
9. helped dh assemble dinner (a small bit, really not help at all because I dumped melted butter over myself so had to change and put my clothes in soak)
10. Helped him do up the dishes
11. Planned his lunch for tomorrow (he's going to do a potluck with someone)
12. ran a load of laundry which is now in the dryer.

Dh is gone tomorrow. I might try some paperwork and see how my head does.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:10 pm

thank you so much, LadyM. (you don't know what you did, do you?) Well, I, too, have too many emails in inbox. :roll: So I appreciate that you would say that. It's easy for someone who gets few personal ones. But mine are sprinkled with much more "heart" stuff.

helia, I hope Maia's foot is figured out quickly by the vet.

I still believe we have extra animals somewhere in my house! I can't believe the fur!!!

This is why ddil wanted a Golden Labra Doodle (I think it's called) as their pet. Less shedding because of poodle side . However, Gunner is so very GoldenLabraCrazyPuppy on the other side of his family :) that they have a hard time letting him out of the laundry room when company comes. So ddil doesn't get much credit for her attractive, low-maintenance pet.

Speaking of their laundry room, they also have a pantry room, a "mud room" and a double-door mud room closet. Together the 4 make twice my kitchen (which includes my laundry area. Anything beyond that is called, "outside".). No wonder their kitchen is ready for a photo shoot every day. They don't have to keep anything there! I've got to stop beating myself up over things left out on my counter, etc.

Juggling my time between Desk chores and happy fabric time.

this is a good way to lose weight, maybe. I have gotten so interested in creativity that it's my treat rather than foods.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:33 pm

Tuesday
did 1/2 fill bin with weeds, then called it done when I had the worst of the seeded ones.
chopped at broken plastic garden chair with loppers enough for it to fit in the bin
bins out

Wednesday
bins in.
whittling away at washing today.

Glad to hear no one has floated away in the floods.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:22 pm

Hi, finally back here to say hello after a long day.

I made a road trip up to St. Petersburg and met my DSister and our 1st Cousin for lunch. Then we wandered around the mall across the street all afternoon. I checked out a nearby store, one which has closed here but is still open there, to see if I could get some of the shoes DH uses that work for his feet, and while I was there DSis found me there on the way home to her house. So another hour or so of conversation out in the parking lot.

It was wonderful to catch up.

Trip up was most of 2 hours and back the same. The last part of that was a bit hard for me since it was pitch black and I don't do as well in the dark...but made it home fine with just one detour about 1/4 mile from my house when I turned at the wrong street. :roll: Thank goodness for my Gar men.

Back home I was a bit scared because DH wasn't here, the blinds were open and no lights on in the dark house...and his truck was gone. All day his phone went to voice mail so I'd been picturing him laying somewhere in a ditch with an overturned truck. Checked his computer to find there was a doings at church tonight so pretty much knew that was where he was... and earlier he had turned off his phone when he was in an important meeting and forgot to turn it back on all day. :shock:

I told him never to do that again, leave a note or at least turn his phone on. I asked if he wasn't concerned about me getting there safely and back and he said well he'd prayed for me to go and come back safely and just left it at that. You can tell who's the worry wart of the family, it's surely not him!

By the way, DD has a goldendoodle, adopted because there was supposed to be less shedding and less allergies. Ha! We figure she's more golden than doodle and she has her clipped to about an inch all over. Then they had a bunny for a while (and I'm highly allergic to THAT) and now they have a cat. I just have dust bunnies here. :lol:

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:19 am

I have heard that the golden doodles don't shed like shepherds and labs - really great that they don't shed a lot! I had to laugh at the crazy pup - it's part lab and they are goofy chewing everything, high energy puppies lol.
the kitchen sounds cool!
happy fabric time to you d harriet!!!

yay on accomplishments d kathryn - it's a lot when you are healing from a concussion

hi d lady. my dd younger has the same thing. It's hard bc you have eaten good bread all your life and sometimes you think you can. dd younger has been backing with cup 4 cup products.
good for you for making yourself homeschool - it's not easy when you are not feeling up to par. good for you on starting to set up your new laptop. yay on finding the email

d lynlee - so happy to see you!!! good for all your work outdoors!

Return to “Post When You Can”