Thursday Two by Two

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harmony

Re: Thursday Two by Two

Postby Harmony » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:51 pm

(Elizabeth) sorry you've not been feeling up to par for so long.

Two by two...I haven't kept track of what I've been doing, just going from one thing to another. Multiple interruptions. End of the Month coming up so I did get that stuff all done. LOL done, brought 2 loads in started to fold then the telephone rang....

Had to put a couple month's filing in tickler file, looking for a paper I was sure we didn't receive.... big search through emails and found something in the sent file where DH sent it to someone and printed out some for us. I didn't recognize it because I paid the owner of the company not the company and the name was different? Still don't understand that. And didn't understand that amount was rolled into another...just a mess of paperwork.

And the guy who called said he "wasn't good with paperwork" and didn't have anything so I had to tell him what we owed. I told DH he should have told him we owed $25 (it's much more than that) and I'll just bet he'd be able to find his own paperwork. :o Sigh...why does everybody think I can do all this for everybody when they don't want to do it for themselves?

Anyway, now I need to get back to the laundry that was interrupted.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:01 pm

Waving to every one. Slept in today. H left in the nite for the hoot owl shift. I was hot and sweaty hot flash and bs was way up when I checked it. I was up a while and did some drawing. Have done some planning, journal done, laundry is going. Library used book sale next but was a bit too to leave for that . I hope to get some devos. I have a plan for dinner and will be back in a bit to change laundry over. Spiffed up the desk and living room and bed.

Waiting on the high to do just before the open house Sat midday.

Waving to every one have a great day and yea for all of your progress!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:21 pm

Finished that round and had lunch. Am still finishing up some roasted butternut squash from last night.

GOing to set a timer and work on feedback for Pro Gen.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:48 pm

I laid in the sunshine and fell asleep while listening to audible of the book I am also reading. The warmth of the sunshine makes my muscles so relaxed that it takes me a minute to be able to move them. It felt wonderful.

I painted 3 things and had to stop because the next thing couldn't be painted while surrounded by all the wet paint. DMIL and DH arrived here while I was painting. She was intrigued by my painting projects and asked several questions. DMIL is such a sweet person that I am not entirely sure if she is just saying nice things but she sure seemed like she was inspired by my project. She is mentioned a couple of things that she wanted to paint in a similar fashion and said she was going to get the colors of paint she needs for them and get started.

I made a new recipe - a vegetable casserole. It will come out of the oven in about 10 minutes. I normally like to eat my vegetables plain but I am trying this recipe in an effort to entice the kids to eat more vegetables. I have low expectations and high hopes.

I don't know if I am just so used to wide open space or have a touch of claustrophobia. I am always aware of where I sit and where the door is. When I get a hotel room I always ask for one located close to the exit if it isn't on the first floor. In church I like to sit in the dirt which gives me plenty of space. I almost never sit with the regular seating at church because feels too confining. The windows on our home can always be seen out. I don't like to be inside where I can't see outdoors. When I pass a semi-truck on the interstate I sped up to 85+mph so I can get around it ASAP. I get a feeling of panic to be between the semi-truck and the concrete barricades. But I can crawl underneath the house with no problems. I go into the attic and it doesn't bother me. Weird.

I have looked at seating when thinking of going to events and always back away from it. Toooo many people for me to feel comfortable. When I attend local sporting events I usually stand near the exit.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:43 pm

WOW. I normally don't watch TV or the national news. However, this afternoon I have the TV on and find myself fascinated with watching what is happening with Judge Kavanaugh. I find myself wondering.....Is it always this interesting?
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:47 pm

LadyM, I'm mostly listening to it.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:05 pm

A QUICK HI... HELLO!!!

just came home - dd younger and I had a lovely time at the wool appliqué class. so fun!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:43 pm

Just posted the new report and moved an old one that was approved from test to production. Users had no comments on the old one and are probably wondering what it is good for. The answer is that it is good for our tester even if it has no field use. We want the tester to find problems before the field anyway.

DD16 called and it is obvious she has taken my suggestion of looking at her homework list to determine what her evening plans should be. Tonight, it's Arby's on the way to the library. I have a book (two?) to return, so that is good.

I have not heard back from the rental car company about whether I am on the hook for the windshield damage. I hope I am not, but will understand if I am.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:48 pm

Back from errands. H called that he was off and returned the faulty outlet. Has installed the others in the kitchen they are working. But the last one is a plug switch combo and a puzzle, has him scratching his head. The rest of my exercise today is going up & down the basement stairs turning off and on power switched to the room he is working on. Yea that one is done yippe more stuff checked off the list!

I got some devos at the lib. Used book sale. I looked at them briefly. The dog came with me we walked a bit and she had a doggie meet n greet.

I now have a plan for dinner.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:47 pm

Two goals accomplished today:
— s2s first thing
— delivered dmom’s meds to her

Also, last night I got 3 pkg of photos placed in chronological order in an album.
Also went to church and helped out with the children’s group.

Two more goals:
— s/s kitchen
— pack for tomorrow
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”