peaceful Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

peaceful Sunday

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:29 am

How are you going to give yourself a peaceful Sunday and refresh yourself for the week that is ahead. What fun things or you time will you give yourself today? A new week is coming - give yourself a break and breath in! What are you doing for you today??? I can't wait to hear.

In church there is a point in the service where we shake hands with people next to us and say "Peace be with you". It really is a prayer that the person you are greeting has a peaceful heart during their week - so to you - Peace be with you

I came across this:
why you take time for yourself:

"You’ll be happier and healthier — and the rest of your family will be, too.
You’ll be able to manage daily responsibilities more effectively and efficiently.
Your stamina, insight, and thinking abilities will be better.
You’ll get along with others more effectively.
You’ll be better able to think up solutions to your problems.
You’ll be able to take better care of others"

"-Give yourself credit for things you accomplish. People like to be recognized for their successes. Don’t wait for others to praise you. Reward yourself when you take positive steps or reach a goal.

Keep track of your stress level and emotions. Monitor them regularly, so you can get help and support as needed.

Set aside alone time. We all need time alone to re-charge our batteries. Take a little time out each day to do something alone — take a bath, go for a walk, write in a journal, meditate.

Take time out to do things you enjoy. Read a book, go dancing, watch a movie, etc. You’ll be happier and better able to cope with life’s stresses if you take time to do things you enjoy!

Protect your health. Eat a balanced diet. Get enough sleep. Exercise regularly. Avoid alcohol and drugs. Follow up with your doctors regularly and take medications as prescribed.

Remember no man is an island. Ask for help when you need it. Everyone needs help at times in their lives, especially when facing new challenges. Let trusted family and friends help carry the load.

Don’t overload yourself. When you take on new responsibilities, drop some of your old ones. Ask others to step up to the plate and help.
Remember that no one can do everything. Recognize your limitations. Try to take on activities that make the most of your strengths. Ask for help with tasks that are difficult for you.

Be kind to yourself. "
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Re: peaceful Sunday

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:38 am

I listened to services

I am not a writer - I love humorous writing but can't do it. So you got what you got for the beginning of Sunday. :lol: ;)

Today's goals

outside finish
and lots of craft/sewing time - trying to finish a table centrepiece with wool quilting.

waving waving waving at you!

heading to my morning routine. everyone is asleep - and I am loving that they are sleeping in! 8-) watch now they will wake up.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:04 am

Blessedw2 - Thank you for the great start. Peace be with you.

I woke up early and laid there trying to decide whether to get up or turn over and go back to sleep. I decided to get up and visit my hair colorist. Now that card is done for another 23 days, I need to decide whether to continue my "zone out" time or return to real life. DH has put a hedge of protection around me and tried to shield me from being interrupted. Of course it is impossible to do that but I appreciate his effort. DS10 came and sat with me last night and talked and talked and talked. He wanted to catch me up on everything he and friends have been doing the last 48 hours. Typical boy stuff but I enjoyed his jabbering. Hum....I just realized that is the clue I was looking for. I'm ready to leave my "zone out" time.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:18 am

I too need to 'leave my zone out time', LadyM. Didn't go to church today after a rough night. Dh and I went to the fire department's 200 Club last evening. Got to chat with old neighbors most of the evening. Nice. The evening consists of appetizers, dinner and the 50/50 raffles, other raffle tickets and then drawings for $ amounts ($25, $50, $100, and (2) $500.) Dh actually won one of the $50 checks. So the evening ended up costing us $10. He's out doing some winterizations. I'm trying to talk myself into working on our closets and getting things out of there that need to go south. I'm really hoping not to take too much. We'll see.

DS-R went to the Dr yesterday morning (after he hurt his shoulder pretty badly in a hockey game Friday night). Dr. thinks he has a tear and he'll try to get into the orthopedist tomorrow. He's had surgery a couple of times on the other shoulder. Doesn't he know he's too old to be doing this sort of thing?

Talked to dd for a bit this morning. DSonil had asked if we could spare a space heater so we took one over to him when we got home about 9:15 last night. DD said he was 'whining' because it wasn't putting out enough heat. Not sure he has it 'cranked'. Or if he's trying to heat the whole camper with it. She's pulling her hair out.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:30 am

Up same time today 6:45. Watched how to did on writing while it was quiet. Had coffee black, ate breakfast. Journal done. Took down some notes got some ideas. Rock & gem show is today wish me luck hoping to get a stone for a ring and /or a setting as my decluttering reward, and redo a piece from necklace into a ring. The last quote was too high in gold may need to do silver instead.

Yesterday was our down time day we did not go anywhere h was able to rest and is feeling better.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:20 pm

Last night instead of going to the show we went to see about dmom. She was agitated and confused talking crazy. Dh insisted on going with me. I laid down to her and listened and eventually convinced her she was sleepy and she finally slept. So dh and I came on home then. We had dinner out with friends and they were able to go on to the show.

This a.m. dh did some "honey do" list jobs, I'm going to s2s and we're going to drive around a bit and see some "parade of homes." Not looking to move or for another house, it would be difficult to replace our view here, but something to do on a pretty Sunday afternoon.

Dkids are coming for supper tonight I think. I have chili left over from Thursday night and we'll make grilled cheese sandwiches too.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:33 pm

Supper sounds perfect, Twins. Thinking maybe I have the makings for chili -next up will look to see. The weather is surely perfect for it here.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:34 pm

hello - stock is starting to cook as someone should be home most of the day - I want it for soup on Tuesday as I hope to be downtown all day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_eG8Cl9w_8&t=623s I enjoyed this because it address my and dh and dd youngers issues with clutter
hope you enjoy about clutter

hi d dee I hope tonight is better!!! congrats on your dh the $50 check. good for him.
hope your ds shoulder will be okay!
I totally understand - this is my dh! 8-) hope he starts feeling warm so your dd can enjoy her day!

hello d lady! thank you!
what a dear dh you have. i love that he gets so thrilled and chats. such a sweet boy!

hi d nancy! glad you had some nice quiet time this morning. good luck today. glad your dh is feeling better after the rest

hi d twins could it be night time stuff - exhaustion makes confusion in alzheimers etc, UTI, hope she feels less confused today. it's hard. Enjoy the drive through the homes... I love seeing houses and what they do. We have a garden home walk here every june and it is a huge hit. have fun.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:36 pm

my checking account checked - listed spending
had to order groceries that I forgot. small amount.
Target wouldn't let me use my debit card... I have money on it so I will have to find out why tomorrow when the bank is open.
morning routine was done about 10:55

working next and flipping laundry. I had to wash dog blankets
dd older is going to wash laundry
dh took my car. I will be driving dd olders car. I have to meet dd younger at the sewing class as she needs to get fabric
printed out all of d mom's medical information - she got one page but the others go to my file, her Florida dr (yay mailed) and my d brother.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:17 pm

My goal for today (for when I just simply don't feel like doing anything at all) is to just set the timer for 5 minutes and start on SOMETHING. I can do anything for 5 minutes. I've done that a few times and those 5 minutes have grown.

Return to “Post When You Can”