Ta Da Tuesday (by Twins)

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Ta Da Tuesday (by Twins)

Postby Nancy » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:09 pm

CI up earlier than yesterday by one hr. But later than I had planned. Got washer twins, & crockpot going. Group in a few not ready need to get a move on. Waving to everyone. Dinner was good soup for me.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:05 pm

I am so calendared. I've made up a 6-weeks to give me an at-a-glance visual and it is so full. Having to use different colors of ink to keep categories of busy separate from each other in my mind. that was a TA-Da, I suppose - to do an eye-catching "brain dump" in colors on a single paper and try to help me think.

Waiting on a call from the fellow who will be heading up Angel Tree this year. I have concern because he doesn't know someone else jumped in in the meantime while we were between "point-men", and took it upon themselves to inform Angel Tree we would do the same large number of children we did last year. :x That should absolutely have been the new person's decision and personally I would have advised reducing the number because our membership is reduced. Plus with a new person learning to do this right now we shouldn't be going full steam ahead, IMO. So do I tell him this factually, which may discourage at the outset, or do I pretend I see no big deal to give him confidence, which will probably leave him feeling inadequate later. Sigh.

tomorrow is both trash and recyclables day so all these cardboard boxes I've been baby-sitting can go out of the house today as a Ta-Da, thank goodness.

Ta-Da from yesterday was to help DangerBoy from a distance. He was assigned to sketch a perspective drawing of a photo of a long room that would include the perspective of furnishings, too. Their home doesn't really have a long room, so dd38 thought of our long LR/DR. HRH and dd laughed at me straitening for a child who isn't here, but I was determined no clutter would get in his way of seeing surfaces/lines/corners in the photo. I even took the flowers off the dining table. Perspective is hard enough without complicating simple lines with extra stuff.

LadyM, in 1978 our darling beagle, Joy, developed a fast-moving glaucoma and the vet recommended she be put down as well, breaking our hearts. So your vet's decision doesn't surprise me. Hugs to your family.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:13 pm

I was tired out this morning so I got up and did a couple things then I took another rest for a while. Now I'm more productive.

Dee, thanks for straightening out our posts today. I wasn't here but I'm sure I would have followed the leader into the wrong spot!

Big project straightened out almost to finish. We are finalizing that big loan stuff as that house is done and the people are moved in. I'm just waiting for a couple forms to come back to me and the water test to be done. Such a relief to get to the bottom line of it all.

2 LOL done so far.

I looked up directions to DH's doctor (he has appointment tomorrow afternoon). Found it online and printed out the patient forms to fill out ahead of time. So much easier to do it at home like this. She was supposed to send them but I never received, so I looked around and found them.

LadyM, some dog breeds have things that crop up a lot; I wondered if eye problems are something like that. We used to raise Irish Setters and they are prone to hip problems. Whatever happened to the Greyhound you kept for a while?

Dinner is leftovers. DH LOVED the honey glazed orange chicken I made yesterday. Had decided not to do that again because it is too many steps and too much watching, but he really really liked it. So I guess I'm stuck making it again! His sense of taste is kaput so I've been trying to make things with a lot of spices or flavors since he can't have salt (which is one of the things he CAN taste). He's still unhappy about that... but liked this because he IS able to taste sweet. I thought it was TOO sweet, but that was probably why he liked it.

Harriet, if you don't say anything to him one way or another, he will probably think this is the normal number and what he signed up to help with!

Y'all have a nice afternoon!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:00 pm

Harmony - Congratulations on the house being almost finished! Doing that big of a project boggles my mind.

Whatever happened to the Greyhound you kept for a while?

Sam, the greyhound is still with us. I have a love/hate relationship with this dog. I love this dog because hee is a fantastic, amazing, smart dog with a great personality. I strongly dislike this dog when he destroys our home and things. He wins the prize for being the most destructive dog we have ever had. That reminds me....I need to order a new dryer vent. Sam has destroyed the one on our home. I also need to remind DH to call the home generator fella to come fix the generator parts that Sam has destroyed.

TA Dah -
** Used the blower to clean off the stuff from front porch and driveway. Oak trees are a PITA during the fall time when they drop their acorns. Especially if you have a half dozen or so squirrels feasting on the acorns leaving a bigger mess.
** Homeschool lessons resumed
• Math curriculum #1 done. We reviewed the steps in doing long division. Each step broke down into the smallest detail. Then practiced over and over
• Math curriculum #2 done (XtraMath). Continued working on multiplication facts. After taking 5 days off his score dropped down to 95%.
• English - Journal written in (practicing sentence structure and grammar rules)
• English - Vocabulary words of the day
• Science curriculum #1 done - studying the different types of joints in our body
• Science curriculum #2 done - What makes the earth shake
** Washed all the vegetables picked earlier and have them ready to eat.
** Alexa told to play the 5th Symphony. Music smooths my soul.
** Refilled 3 containers used to water indoor plants. Added Master Blend fertilizer to the containers.
** Finalized the WM order. 46 pantry items should arrive at my doorstep on Thursday.
** Served lunch. We have an abundance of leftovers to choose from. I had steak stir-fry, baked sweet potato, and fresh garden vegetables.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:13 pm

I have one load of laundry left to fold. Have been to the w store. Got food, most of it is put away. Walked the dog some she only wanted half a walk today.
No knitting mtg. Today. I gave ddog a bath last nite.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:56 pm

Hi everyone!!

Say it isn't so!! Frost warning tonight!! Yikes.

I think I lost a post to the great unknown yesterday, so I will repeat part of it... (((LadyM and family))) So sorry to hear about the dog. Belated, belated birthday wishes as well.

We had breakfast for supper tonight.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:57 pm

My back hurts and I am soooo sleepy. One hour till bath time for these babies...
Tomorrow is another day.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:15 pm

LadyM, well the house is done and they are moved in. All we have left to do is finish building the pump house which is half-way done and not part of the permit/inspection process. I am waiting for another couple forms to come filled out by others and the last half of the water test then we have some papers to fill out - all this for their loan company to finalize their loan. We don't get any more money because we've already gotten enough. We left a whole big draw on the table so their house won't cost them so much.

Too bad the greyhound is so destructive. Will he outgrow that? I hope so!

Helped for a bit out in the shop. Dinner and dishes are done. Had to help with the life vest, changing the sensors to the clean one (slightly complicated). It's nice to be done for the day. Pretty productive day here.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:01 pm

This is the monitor I have to wear for the next 48 hours. (I can’t get it to post, but it looks like the old Walkman player with buttons that light up)

It’s on a strap and I can either loop it over my neck or wear it like a shoulder purse. It has to stay 3feet or closer to me at all time. I can also attach it to my waist band like a phone.

I have to write down every burp, cough or hiccup that I have by pushing a button and then writing the time down on a diary sheet.

Have to do the same with food... when I start and when I stopeating. Same for sleep... when I lie down and get up and if it’s a bathroom break at night I have to record the time I get up and down ... and I also have to sleep with it.

Not suppose to drink much water with it, especially in between meals, but don’t know why. Can’t take any meds so this will be an interesting 48 hours ... uncomfortable to say the least.

The capsule is the size of the tip of a ball point pen... and eventually I will poop it out :lol:

Watching the World Series at the moment hope all is well with you ..
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:17 pm

(LadyMaverick and family)

Return to “Post When You Can”