January Declutter & Organization, 2019

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
Harmony

Re: January Declutter & Organization, 2019

Postby Harmony » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:22 pm

Photos are hard. I don't know any young people who keep a lot of photos any more. My kids have them on their phones and I don't know if they are on permanent storage or not. I'm wondering if someday when these electronic things don't work any more how much stuff will be lost.

A day of decluttering and organizing here.

In the garbage can: a cordless phone system & chargers; extra phone cords. Still too much left.
Also a lot of office supplies, markers that don't write any more, and a lot of papers shredded and thrown out.

In the recycle bin: a lot of big plastic containers I kept but will probably never use.

Organized: Most of the big closet in the main office; the closet beside my desk; the empty boxes etc. in my bedroom closet; the boxes of games for the kids and the stacks of board games and puzzles. Sewing supplies and patterns from all my sewing in December.

Did more organizing than tossing, but it sure looks better around here.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:37 pm

I was able to consolidate those two boxes of photos and now I just have one box to sort...
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:15 pm

Almost 6 lbs of paper just put in the outside bin. I weighed it! Took a while to gather up because I had to check computer forms against the files of papers to see which were current. All the old stuff is out of here now.

I did another huge stack of papers. Weighed this one, 9 lbs. going to the bin tomorrow for pickup.

I'm sorry for the trees that got destroyed for all this paper.

I keep editing as I do more. Today I got rid of a couple boxes from the office. I threw away some plumbing fixtures from the old house (new ones we got as replacement) and stuff from the old furniture.

It sorta makes me feel more in charge and able to cope around here when stuff isn't piled up all over the place.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:44 am

cheering everyone on
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “The Decluttered Home”