In Motion Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: In Motion Monday

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:43 pm

going to have lunch - dh is bringing things that he decluttered to the donation stuff. I went through my cloths and did the same. not much but I do donation on a regular basis.

I still need to finish my swish and swipe and home blessing.

waving to all.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:46 pm

But the strange thing is he had the car started & had forgotten something and turned it off to come in. Couldn't restart it and the keys were stuck in the ignition. DD just called and wants dh to check to make sure dsonil had it all the way in "park".
DD says she's going to tell dsonil he's a "Dumb A__"! Dh went out to check to see if it wasn't all the way in park! Not only was it NOT in park, it was in REVERSE! No wonder he couldn't start it -he's easily flustered. Dh should have gotten in the car then to see 'what he could see!' :roll: :roll: :roll: We all needed that additional stress and the complications it's caused through the day.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:52 pm

oh my goodness!!! d dee!!! lol

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:54 pm

Next:
I had lunch with dh and cleaned up my stuff bc he did his super fast. :D
he is dropping off some off the donations.

now that I ate I feel a bit more in control.
next: do the job I had planned for today - clean out our medicine cabinet and underneath cabinet.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:08 pm

((((Dee)))) sending calm thoughts as you are juggling many things.

DH phone rang in the middle of the night which prompted him to scramble to take his DMom to ER. It took hours of testing and waiting for results but everything turned out okay and DH brought her home. I reminded DH to take it easy today and give his body plenty of rest. Not only did he miss out of sleep last night but he also had the additional stress of spending hours in ER with his DMom.

I went back to sleep after DH left in the middle of the night. I was up and going before DD arrived at 7am to get DGD7 ready for school.

Homeschool went smoothly this morning. Having a routine and plan makes things sooooooooo much easier. I can't help but think back when we first started homeschooling and how stressed out I was about doing it. Being clueless and with no experience made it so hard. I am still clueless and have little experience in so many things but at least we have DS10 current homeschool needs figured out. We have fun together and things are light-hearted most all the time. Have a good base sure makes dealing with those ODD tendencies & raging teenage type boy hormones easier. Not easy....but easier.

I have a DFriend asking me multiple questions today about homeschool as she considers doing it with her 10-year-old son. I try to not sugar coat because it isn't easy. It does require about 20 hours of my full attention each week. But there are huge advantages to it over public school for some kids. DGD7 is thriving and excelling in public school and that is exactly where she needs to be. But I don't see DS10 returning to public school anytime in the near future. He would have to be in counseling & medicated for sure if he did return. He is thriving and excelling in the homeschool environment with no medication. Each kid is different.

Yesterday I made a list of every room and closet in our home and numbered the list. There are 27 of them. Then I asked DH to pick a number between 1 & 27. He picked #9. He didn't have a clue what I was doing. #9 on my list was the library. So now I am working on deep cleaning & decluttering the library. Once I had my focus then I broke the library into 6 sections so I can focus on one section each day this week. My favorite method of deep cleaning is to remove EVERYTHING from the area then do the deep cleaning. It seems easier for me to sort things when they are laid out in a different environment. Once everything was removed and piled into a big pile, then I made a "keep" stack and a "give away" stack. The keep stack of books then got divided into subjects and uses before they were returned to the library. The give away stack was put in a black plastic bag so I can't look at it and second guess my decision over and over. I have a tendency to agonize and over think the silliest things.

The kids think this is great fun and are totally into helping. I told them to be sure and remind me to have DH pick another number next Sunday so we will know which room/closet will get deep cleaned & declutter next week. They are both hoping their bedroom/closet will be picked. It may be a bit silly way to decide what to clean & declutter but as long as it gets done I'm counting it a success.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:54 pm

Yikes, I haven't even CUOPed as I've been down the same rabbit hole. Trying to figure out how I could use this research I've been doing in my portfolio. I just sent off an email with a summary of the research.

I'm going to start on A.m. routine, still in pajamas again! We have very thick fog today. No "in motion" here!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:05 pm

LadyM: whatever works is what we should be using. I've left the Chore Bingo chart up on the back of a door because it worked for me two days in a row last year.

I found an email I'd sent after the concussion saying that I normally play games to get myself to do things and with the concussion I didn't have the energy to play the game to trick myself into doing the work. My brain is slowly returning to normal but I'm still well off balance.

We had a good time playing outside with dgsM2. We had the snow snake with us and took him into his back yard where his dad has built some paths, and dh and I shot the snake back and forth on top of the crusty snow (not on a track.) Here's an idea of what a snow snake is. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snow_snake

I'd never heard of it, but dh built one with his father when he was younger. Not sure where his Dad learned about it unless the idea came from dmil since her father was a cook in the lumber camps that would have had a large indigenous workforce. Her family was dirt poor so I could see this being a game they'd play, much like my father would play with an iron wheel and stick, running it down the road.

Once off the paths in dgs' yard, the snow is about up above my knee and a couple of times I sunk into it while reaching to catch the stick. Plus a complete fall into the snow one time. It doesn't hurt (soft snow, layers and layers of padding) but poor dgs nearly was in tears watching me topple over. I played from my knees after the first time and in order to stand up would have to roll back to the path so had to warn him I was going to be lying down in the snow again. He would not take a step off the path and would not walk without holding onto two hands (which is really hard on an 18" wide path!)

The child is so afraid of everything outside, it is wonder he stayed out there for about 40 minutes with us. Of course, half that time he was seated inside his play house (which I had to lower him down into because the snow is up to the windows!) We had tea and milk and chocolate chip cookies, all made from snow. And we shared with the snowman that dsil has built inside the play house, sitting on a bench.

Once inside, we ended up tidying the playroom and then making pretend corn bread. Then it was his lunch time so I held dgdJ0 for a while while he and his parents had their lunch.

After leaving there we did a bank run and Costco run and were home by 1:30.

I still have chores to do and then some paperwork items to work on. I identified many residents' association items to do while dealing with email this morning.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:15 pm

I reminded DH to take it easy today and give his body plenty of rest. Not only did he miss out of sleep last night but he also had the additional stress of spending hours in ER with his DMom.
Seems like more than one of us need this advice, LadyM. Me, I'm battling migraines for the 2nd day in a row. I can tell the difference between that and a 'regular' headache because of how shaky I am, etc. Not getting much done here, but as you said:
Having a routine and plan makes things sooooooooo much easier.
Think this is one of the first lessons we learned way back from P&P isn't it? And yes it is!!

DD is now home after going to pick up dsonil from work. She did call him "D A" :lol: He went right to the Jeep & it started right up. Imagine that. Dh went to take dsisil back to the hospital so they'd be there when dbil got through with the nuclear stress test. So hoping he can come home tonight. If not, think it's time for disil's dsis to step up to the plate and spend a day or so with her. She's not working ( W mart) for the next couple of days & lives right in front of them. But sure she didn't know till last night that dbil was in the hospital. She would have been in bed when the ambulance came Saturday night. Dsisil definitely won't like it, but so be it.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:16 pm

Twins', that is terrific about the breakthrough!

Happy Birthday, Emptynester

((Dee)), hugs! First for great concern about dbil, and second for so much stress it made you cry just because there was relief. (Although yes, Mr. DeeClutter should have realized you needed closure - headlights and all!)

IKWYM because I went into tears unreasonably the other evening, when dd20 cut bangs into her long hair - surprise. She and I tried to figure it out (after she spent some time completely hurt because I wasn't allowing her to have her own hair). I think it was just that if one more shoe dropped I was going to fall apart and she dropped a shoe. (smile) It had been a long day, and I thought she would understand that I was headed toward a fragile state by evening, but she'd missed it.

Hopeful that LadyM's dmil will continue to improve and dh will get rest. I forgot your home is so large. That is a lot of areas.

Yesterday at church was fine. Some happy moments. Some edited out here.

I spent some time telling Alexa what music to play and arguing with her about some titles. We were both right.

Dstepson visited for the afternoon. I avoided a nap. Then by 10:00 I was so sleepy I went to bed early! I don't think my body can be fooled.

Blended some rices for the IP. Blended some greens for another pot. Some Desk Day accomplished. Otherwise, a rainy and quiet recoup day.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:21 pm

Can't remember having a 'meltdown' like that, Harriet. At least it's been a long time if I ever did! I can understand 'waiting for that shoe to drop' though!

Good idea, LadyM. Have to see how many 'rooms' this house would break down to I think. I wouldn't include their room/bathroom though. Think I would come up with 18 if I included the front porch and the back screened porch. That's counting all the hallways/closets as separate #'s.

Return to “Post When You Can”