Sunny Monday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Sunny Monday PWYC

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:18 pm

On our way to DD's. They are still sicker than us and the kids slept well in the afternoon so will be up all evening. The grown-ups don't feel like eating much so we are bringing pizza for ourselves and dgs. And ice cream for dsil. I'm guessing he has a sore throat!

Before getting the call, dh and I walked to the bank and grocery store. So I got some steps today.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:07 pm

I've been researching on a DNA match for fun. This person has a family tree with the H surname that some unknown DNA matches also have, although I had traced their line back to a marital couple who are H and C. This new match's family tree connects with the male of that marital couple, so I know that the unknown ancestry is with the H line, not the C/wife's line. I feel pretty good. I have a great grandfather with no father and I have no mother for the woman he married. (She was born during a period in the 1850s when her known father was cited for "cohabiting." I don't believe the cohabitating party was the mother of A, born 1856. The other candidate for her mother, whom I have discarded, didn't bear any children to him until 1862, so I believe they met later. A is in the 1860 and 1870 census with a woman of another surname altogether, that I have no DNA matches to. And I know that is A, because she's living next door to her father. He obviously got around! :shock: ) If I could solve this I'd start over on my case study!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:19 pm

Twins that is fasinating. I love the show about that watch it faithfully.
I have planted the chard or beets and watered them in.
Mowing is done.
It supposed to rain a lot tonight glad I got it done.
Looking at 72* for a high temp. This Thurs. Then lightening on Fri.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:33 pm

Twins - Interesting! it sounds like trying to put together a puzzle without all the pieces.

I am thankful for technology. DS10 wasn't answering his phone. I looked online for his phone GPS location. I told DH that he was at D's house so DH left to go find DS10. I continued watching and saw DS10 left and went to Z's house. I texted DH with the updated position. Some people might find this ability creepy to be tracked, but I find it extremely helpful. When DS10 got home I showed him the Google timeline that showed a map recording every place he went and how long he stayed there. It also recorded the 1 hr and 41 minutes that he rode his bike today.

DGD7 rated today 75% bad. DGD7 cried multiple times in school today. She was emotional and everything overwhelmed her. She made a zero on a math paper (she is the top Math student in her grade and almost always makes 100's). She had to walk during recess instead of playing. She had to write her name in the book. DGD7 teacher is very kind-hearted, patient and would not have given these punishments unless DGD7 was way out of line today. DGD7 and I snuggled and talked this evening. She claims to not know what has her so upset......or she is not ready or able to talk about it. We did her homework, ate supper, played and now she is relaxing in her bedroom watching a show. Hopefully, a good night sleep will get her back on track.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:46 pm

(((LadyM and dgd)))
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:45 pm

I'm glad we went.

Dgs ate 1/2 of a medium thin crust pizza. I expected him to eat a full slice and that's it. So I don't have a meal of my leftovers for the freezer!

Dgd was a darling. She had just finished nursing when we arrived and was delighted in fresh faces and happy while we ate. Dgs eats slowly (over an hour) and so she managed to empty herself while I was holding her and she was trying to stand on my legs. Dd changed her and then she was ready for a nurse and fell asleep in dd's arms.

Dd needed to use the bathroom so I took the baby and rocked her back to sleep in my arms after the transfer and, since it was time to go, transferred her successfully to the cradle in the living room. Dd never thinks to try to put her down each time, she tried once, dgd didn't like it so she didn't try again. At this age, even 3 days means different preferences. Anyway, it meant dd so stand at the door without a baby in her arms. And enjoy dgs a little bit as well as we left (he's really adorable.)

I was going to pick him up and take him with me to get his hair cut tomorrow while I get mine done but then thought to ask dgs and he doesn't want me to do that. I'm not about to risk a scene at one of the best salons in the city, so suggested I take him on Wednesday some place local. They are thinking a barber but I'm worried the barber will do what he wants not what we want (dd wants the curls to stay, just not as long and bangs out of his eyes.)

Anyway it was a good visit. Dd is upset about Notre Dame because she had been hoping to take dsil to see it some day but believed the saying "Europe will always be there." It is funny because she grew up in a home where the philosophy was "there's no time like the present."

I need to bite the bullet and try and recover my lost work now. That means learning how to use the backup file recovery feature of the software.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:20 pm

Reverted back to the earlier saved backup and did one month's entry since it was an easy month. That leaves 3 to repeat and I still don't know how to properly do the entry that messed things up.

But I'm off to bed now.

We'd bought mandarin oranges at the store today and they were like candy (they had a sample to try which is what possessed me to spend $1 per orange, I knew they were amazing.) So that was our dessert tonight.

Return to “Post When You Can”