Health and Fitness, May, 2019

Share healthy living habits.
Ramblinrose

Re: Health and Fitness, May, 2019

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon May 13, 2019 10:41 pm

Stayed on my eating plan and made it to the gym as well. Know my body’s gonna be complaining tomorrow, but with time it should be ok ...
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue May 14, 2019 10:35 am

Made my first weight goal. Started back to the gym last night. All good baby steps for my restart.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed May 15, 2019 10:16 am

I am down 9.1 lbs since the beginning of the year, using my spreadsheet and using the 10 day running average for 2 January to today. (We were away on the morning of 1 Jan so I didn't weigh.) Using the raw numbers, I'm down 12 lbs.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed May 15, 2019 10:41 am

I did 25 min. on the stat bike yesterday.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed May 15, 2019 11:04 am

Congratulations to our losers, Ramblin' and Twins'!

Tried to help dsecondmil with her difficult acid reflux. While here she asked for tums and I only had the gavis con because its been so long since we needed anything. But it was still in date, and she thought it helped. She is on one of the proton-pump inhibitors. I spent a month in a slow drug-reduction process to get off those, which FDA says are only for short-term use. She had forgotten a dose, and was having the rebound effect of even worse pain than she started with. I can't imagine what her dr is thinking, not monitoring more closely. She can't stay on this lifelong but she's already unable to stop taking it without pain.

HRH is experiencing weight loss, but of course it is loss of the weight artificially put on him so quickly over the last few months. He's delighted with little things as his meds are tweaked - he can flex his ankles more, turn his neck/head more. While this process happens, though, muscle cramps and pains increase.

Morning exercise so far getting a thumbs-up. I tend to go in cycles regarding time of exercise. I wonder if this has a seasonal component, in which the warmer months make more sense for this. Yes, I'm indoors, so you'd think it doesn't matter so much. But would I be disappointed in this on January mornings when I was cold and tensed up, and the sunlight hadn't yet "told" me it was morning. Or, am I just experiencing less stiffness than I used to, so that negative doesn't factor in. Interesting thoughts.

RunKitty

Postby RunKitty » Wed May 15, 2019 2:52 pm

Harriet, I remeber reading an experiment with people starting running programs who ran at various times of the day. Those who ran first thing in the morning were far more successful at maintaining their running than those who ran at lunchtime or after work. As Twins' mentioned, other things interrupt our days and the exercise time is put off or cancelled. Glad HRH is making progress toward normal and is feeling better about it all. Sounds so frustrating....drugs and their side effects....ugh...

Twins;, that is great progress on your weight loss. I'm so happy for you!

Ramblin', glad to hear you are back on your eating plan and are working out with your trainer again. I think your son's idea for celebrating your next birthday is fantastic!!

LadyM, how was Maverick able to lose 30 lbs. and get all his numbers in acceptable range in two months? That is wonderful!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed May 15, 2019 4:05 pm

LadyM, how was Maverick able to lose 30 lbs. and get all his numbers in acceptable range in two months?

DH is under the care of a different doctor and he has made a couple of changes in medication. DH has started Thyroid meds and also another diabetic med (Ozempic). It seems this combination is working well for DH.

Unfortunately, the scales are not heading in the right direction for me.

Congratulations to those who are being successful with the H&F goals!! Your success is inspiring!
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri May 17, 2019 8:56 pm

Walked the ddog on one of our regular routes Thurs.
Did the stat bike for my exercise on Fri.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat May 18, 2019 10:03 am

I am not staying consistent with checking my BP and stretching. My BP continues to be a bit on the high side. I need to make an appointment with doc soon to discuss, also have some questions re: meds I'm taking and other stuff...

I am staying pretty consistent with walking. So far this week I have averaged 8K steps. It was easier to get my steps in Jan-Feb when I didn't feel well and didn't want to do many other things - not so many things to compete with walks.

I continue to eat well.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat May 18, 2019 11:44 am

Twins', consistency is the tricky part, yes! Sounds like you are very attentive, though, and you have eyes wide open :shock: like we all need to, to the areas we're missing in consistency. So many times the areas we find ourselves working on in the present are the areas we were once ignoring in the past! So putting them "on the front burner" is a huge step forward. I hope you and dr can tame the bp puzzles.

Nancy, we always know you will consistently have a "report from them that's doin' ". You could be a Nike spokesperson - Just Do It.

I've had some "a-ha" moments in muscle awareness recently and I know that comes from more consistent attention to the exercise time. This takes classic, tiring work, of course - good ol' elbow grease - in addition to time. Time is hard to come by, and, for me, more of a reason than the work involved, that exercise becomes inconsistent.

Came back smiling at the "elbow grease". More like "core grease", maybe? lol, that sounds terrible, but it's accurate as far as spine and the muscle attachments.

Return to “Healthy Habits”