Tailor-made Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Tailor-made Tuesday

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:13 pm

The body sticker that gives feedback would be awesome! I am looking forward to hearing more about this.

I have a friend that is a fragile Type 1 diabetic and started wearing the Dexcom patch last year. It has been a life changer for her. It automatically measures blood sugar and sends an alert to her husband and mother's smartphone when her blood sugar goes outside of parameters.

Home from taking DGD8 to the first summer reading program. There were about 50 kids and DGD8 was the only one that kept raising her hand to answer all the questions (after reading the book). She has such good focus and retention. #NoBragJustFact.

DS10 went to the water park with 6 friends. Now he has 2 friends here riding the gocart in the mud.

DH is finishing up the mowing (before it starts raining again).

Then we are going to the city to visit DMIL. I'm not sure they have talked DSIL out of her decision, but for today DMIL is still in the rehab facility.
Last edited by LadyMaverick on Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:13 pm

we have sunshine again!!! :D
ran a second time to the donation center. I needed it for me :D 8-)

hello all
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:43 pm

Well, this is an interesting turn of events. Dh saw his Dr today with one concern being that his breasts were quite sore -enough so he could barely stand to touch. Dr. knew right away what the problem was. He's been on Lasix (feurosimide) for several years now. Evidently he's developed a sensitivity to this much needed med. Dr. prescribed something else but said it might take up to 6 months to see a difference. He'll also have to run this by his cardiologist when he sees him on the 24th.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:50 pm

I went through dd youngers remaining stuff.
I now I have a grouping to go to the cleaners, things that need washing, and things that need to go to her closet.
we had discussed that I needed to have her things to fit in her closet and not in other parts of the house. (for my sanity ;) 8-) ).
went through 13 journals/booklets and tossed all but 3. nice relief.

I am working to stay focused and not go back into dd's memorabilia until winter. hard for me to do :shock: :roll: ;)
Squirrel!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
D DEE - PRAYING YOUR SWEET DH NO LONGER FEELS THE TENDERNESS.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:11 pm

Tuesday was a hide out of the crazy wind and cold day.
Blame a low off S NSW. at least we didn't have that crazy turmoil.
bin day. pu fallen branches, chop palm frond to bin. bins to curb. That was my outing.

Wed
forecast is to at least get in the 20s.
LOL on.
prob ready to go out.
bfst is ready to eat.
going to attend to washing first.

Looked up tai chi times again. Seriously debating going back to continuing classes.
Payment is up front for 6 or 12 mths, so would need the $$$ withdrawn if doing that.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:14 pm

I am finally settled in front of the computer and ready to work on this again. Dr appt went well but took a very long time, waited almost an hour after appt time before I saw the doc. Of course, they want you there 15 min before the appt also. M's dh was having a procedure today and that was taking a lot longer than expected, so she texted me about walking R uby when I got home. Before getting home I had to drop clothes at cleaners too, and I pictured poor R there with her legs crossed, but she was fine of course. When I got home I sat on the back patio with Muffin for a while to make up for it. :D

Right before I left my computer seemed to stall completely so I was scared about it being "gone" when I finally rebooted it. I think it's okay but need to check carefully to see if I lost anything I had been working on. I had the autosave versions, of course.

I'm officially on meds for BP again. :shock:

Odd series of emails this afternoon with a first cousin. He had been looking into the family genealogy of our joint grandfather's surname and exchanged emails with me and another cousin. He confided that he worked for an infertility clinic when he was in college (both undergrad and grad school) and was a sperm donor and could have "50 - 60" offspring! He told me "they'll never find me" and I had to tell him that yes they could. I asked if he wanted me to "play dumb" if I was ever contacted by someone in that area, LOL. I'm not sure what I'd do - however it might be easy to figure out if someone knows what they're doing. He's my only male first cousin who was born and raised in that state...
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:22 pm

Had to fix something on yesterday's report. Found another problem while doing it. At least I know what I will be doing tomorrow. My carpoolmate is going on vacation for almost a week. I think for that time period, it is breakeven point for driving vs taking the train. I really wish we had more carpoolers. One of our coworkers lives near us, but takes the train because it is free or huge discount for him due to his age. I've got quite some time before then. It's targeted for retirees to spend time and money touristing about Work City.

I had to look up LOL dolls. Cute, may be too small for clothes sewing. Will have to check them out.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:41 pm

My eyes! My eyes! What is that bright thing in the sky?? 8-)
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:31 pm

lol d cathy!

hi d elizabeth!

hello d twins! praying you don't have to be on blood pressure meds long!

stay warm d lynlee
Last edited by blessedw2 on Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:31 pm

I haven't done my dailies and the house looks it.!
time to clean up after dinner. done. dw on, swiped stove, sink, counter, vacuumed kitchen floor, stiffened surface of kitchen floor.

can't finish but will put to tomorrow:
Take the 2 containers of dd youngers stuff up to her closet.
continue washing her cloths and hang in closet.
continue to look for things that need tossing or donating.

sweet dreams or sweet morning to you all!
I was thinking of d helia - wishing her a lovely summer.

Return to “Post When You Can”