Thursday Focused 5 x 5 PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Elizabeth

Re: Thursday Focused 5 x 5 PWYC

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:34 pm

Hi everyone! Last night, I got my camper manuals set up and am in the process of assembling checklists from them. Cat litter was also obtained. I visited my new neighbors last night. They wanted to see the camper. I tested my crocheted dishrag and have a beautiful stove and microwave.

Today, I am working a report to be used as a call list for clients. It is complicated by the fact that each client can have a family contact and/or up to 4 proxies, or neither! The goal is not to call the same people over and over. This will be hard to set up if Client A has Proxy X, Client B has X and Y proxies, and Client Z has Proxy Y and Z. Or any and all sorts of permutations! A definite many to many, but how to organize it?

There was exactly one RV site left at the lake we are going to this weekend, so I grabbed it. Only to find out that the others were not planning to stay at the state park, but "along the river somewhere". Um ... will I have room to park a camper? Yeah, just park it somewhere. I'm not so sure about this. The site is pull through, the riverside is undeveloped, but I'm told people camp there. BUT DO THEY BRING CAMPERS??? And if they do, do they need a tow truck to get out? Friend N is trying to find out how far my campsite is from "along the river somewhere". If it is 200 feet, it won't matter. If it is 2 miles, that is less than ideal. Friend N specifically requested to stay in the camper. She also wanted to move the trip to next weekend. Yeah, right, that's going to go over real well with the animal org people who scrambled these past two weeks to cover my position, knowing that in two weeks I'm gone again. Also, my x is not generally understanding and flexible. Even if he was, he reserved that weekend months ago for his parents' visit and I agreed to it. I'm starting to talk myself into keeping the RV site.

Tonight, DD17 is coming over and the evening will be spent in camping preparations. No matter what anyone else does, we are taking our camper and going camping!

My 5x5:
  1. Determine the electrical needs of my camper (the site does not have electric hookup, I just need to know)
  2. Assemble and cook weekend food
  3. Camper setup
  4. Pickup Briggs meds from cat coordinator
  5. Estimation in bills and budget (won't take long)

I'm thinking of TwinsMom's dCleaningLady and her family.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:13 pm

hello
went to dr. appointment -
gift card bought
and a couple errands done.

hi Elizabeth
hello d nancy
hello d harmony
(stay safe)
hi d kathryn
hello d harriet
hello d twins
hello d lady
hello all
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:07 pm

I got 2 of the 5 done by 10.

And not the most important two.

But we had a delightful visit with the young family 2 floors down.

Dishwasher is running, kitchen is cleaner, apartment is back in order and my friend and her husband are coming for lunch tomorrow.

My plan was ham and cheese and veggies and biscuits, in other words a light lunch. Then it turned out the 3 pounds of chicken and 3 pounds of ham were almost all eaten last night by 6 people and after our leftovers dinner tonight, there are 2 slices of ham left. Hmmmmm.

So I'll walk over to the store in the morning and pick up cold cuts and a few things to fill in the missing food.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:21 pm

No 5x5 — but we’ve had a good day.
Local state bicentennial was nice, and after we saw that, dgrands and I went by the nursing home and visited duncle.
All things considered, dgrands have been very good. One more day...
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:00 am

Got to see my qt show and it was on rest!
Did 25 min. On gazelle this evening.
93* in the forecast here tomorrow.
Still 80* out here this evening at 9 p. m.

Return to “Post When You Can”