Basic Weekly Plans

Lynchpin of any organizing effort. Discuss your weekly plan.
Harmony

Re: Basic Weekly Plans

Postby Harmony » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:34 pm

(blessed) I came looking for you also. You sure have a lot on your plate these days. Give yourself a break if you can. Nothing is so important that it all has to be done now or perfectly. Yeah, I need to take that advice myself.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:44 am

(((blessed)))
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:04 pm

dear Harmony and d lucy - you are good good women! I am almost ready to go back to the pwyc. Probably tomorrow. Boy my ADHD has been out the door. I just feel bad not responding to everyone on the PWYC. I am beginning to feel a bit better. Thank Goodness!!! :D

oh d mom - she saw dd's money on dd's bed along with the other things she was putting in her suitcase and picked it up - (thinking she/mom herself had left it there). Thank goodness dd younger found out and that they both laughed about it. also dd youngers license is missing.
mom also has to return her heart monitor and thought a phone charger was part of it. understandable.

Hoping dd can come home today - the wind gusts are 60 mph and that's bad for planes. ;)

woke late again! time to get my bahookey in gear. put away and remake things for thanksgiving. I might do a donation run.
get the wine for tomorrow - one bottle for 35 people lol.
I have to pack the car as well for tomorrow.

first things first: I should do animal work but I will do laundry put away first.

I need a shower
prep bacon, shredded carrots, dressing (oil/vinegar/dijon/garlic/parsley/shallots or red onion finely minced/s/p),
cut up the donal skehan dish - measure the things and set up pan with foil.
buy white wine
pick up dd younger from airport
go to drivers place for dd to get a new license.
call mom to make sure she took the additional meds.
buy more pads for kitten - maybe? for dog for the day after thanksgiving.
do the bathrooms
get rid of the desk in car. return to target
get a starbucks card for day after thanksgiving
get $100 for wallet (singles and 20's) for day after thanksgiving.
pick up mom's steak knives she ordered (of all things)
mail out her computer
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:25 pm

I told my mom to b grateful I stead of complaining - I didn’t raise my voice but I was tired. Oh well it’s the last thing I wanted but it was a boundary.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:38 pm

mom's attitude has changed. Her memory seems great again. I don't know what happened. I think she has panic attacks now when things are not perfect. It must be hard to be that way.

It will take me a couple days to adjust - now she is super nice and doesn't quite get why I and dd younger were overwhelmed by her mean negative behaviour; but the fact that she has changed has made it much better. it will take me a bit of time to trust. I will enjoy the moment!!

Right now I am not sure how the week will go but I am truly grateful!

Sunday: planning day
chicken and roasted winter vegetables, green beans. I did not like the chicken - some days it is better for me just to have beans, veggies
make banana bread :arrow:

This week: make the spanakopita appetizers
make gingerbread.

, work on Christmas cards, :arrow: Christmas decorating
start gingerbread freeze :arrow: . make turkey soup out of carcass
check lights.

Monday: Home blessing (dd younger will take my car)
Christmas, gym
change cat litter
tonight use the left over chicken and make a gyro along with taziki sauce, cucumbers, onions, lettuce, olives, tomatoes
Make the turkey stock
Christmas shopping day online

Tuesday: donation day, put away, Christmas/find something to donate

Wednesday: bills/phone calls/scrub floors/bathrooms/finish christmas gifts if possible./call appointments for me/ask dr.. if I can have a test for my pain in right mid back. she just wants to do a x ray. I think I need a cat scan or test my gallbladder

Thursday: errands? pick up new christmas tree stand, pick up dd older dress at cleaners,

Friday: zone day/scrub floors/car/purse day

Saturday: christmas play downtown, go out with d in laws later in the evening

Sunday: brunch
christmas gingerbread decorating.
Christmas tree lights

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:51 pm

I am struggling with how everybody does it all. I haven't decorated one thing.
I am trying to figure out what will make my life easier right now... more like.. what can i do to feel accomplished or ahead.

I know what needs to be done. the bathrooms and the bedroom but that is not related to the holidays.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:13 pm

I am tired of struggling. I think I have to change my attitude.
up - fed animals
played with kitties, cats as I have been so preoccupied that I haven't given them much attention except feeding and watering duties
of course litter
d dog has been out twice

I woke with cluttered counters even though I have cleaned and worked hard (yesterday)
I will choose a put away after the morning routine.

decluttered kitchen counters
washed the dining room table again
kitty is sleeping so I won't wash floors until later
now for put away in front hall
the dishes are emptied
a few dishes put in dw
we ordered food in as I didn't get home from Christmas shopping until at dinner time.
animals all fed

I should wash the floors but I will do that in the am.

now to cut up stuff for soup tomorrow.
throw another load in the washer
put away vacuum cleaner.

dd older is coming home tonight as she has a dr. appointment for her stomach tomorrow.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:23 pm

still struggling. I thought I had cleaned beautifully but still woke up to clutter on top of things.
I have to change this.

woke up late.
kitty needed me - I held her for about and hour and she slept. okay i needed it too.
breakfast eaten
I took a video to see why I feel stressed - I can see we are leaving things out at night even thought the sink is clean when I go to bed
I had pulled things that I move away for the holiday seasons but didn't put them away so that added to the clutter.
I am going to look the lens tonight before resting to see what is still out. I think I am getting used to things visually which isn't good as it brings back old habits and stress.

Ok it's 10:36 am here and I have to start.
pulling out my morning routine.
wow it's already 11:33 oh my gosh where did the time go?

I can't believe it is 4:43 pm. I decorated but still have more. I can't find my scrooge house. I still need to get the lights up but none outside this year - well maybe the backyard.

I have to find a better way to help my heavy heart. I have been feeling like a failure. dd younger showed me a video she made for a group she belongs to - it would be great if she hadn't been so wobbly - it's her hands. she could have used a special tool but chose not to. I couldn't say it was great bc there were so many wobbles in it. It is beautiful content and I told her so. but I couldn't pretend that it was tv worthy - I didn't tell her that.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:09 am

Blessed, don't feel bad. Everybody struggles sometimes and we all have some years that are better than others.

I had to downsize everything I do at the holidays. A few years ago I gave up the big tree and bought the little 4' one that fits in a smaller box and is easier to store. I got rid of my village of houses that caused me to go up and down the ladder umpteen times to put up. I quit getting up on the ladder to put the icicle lights on the front of the house. Lights in the bushes is enough for us and much easier. Last year I didn't get any cookies baked to take along and that one was hard for me. But nobody died because I didn't bring my usual boatload of sugar. And my house is just fine with half the decorations.

You will have easier years I hope and be able to do more like you want. We have to be flexible because life changes and sometimes things are just more difficult. I think you are doing fine with what you have on your plate.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:32 pm

thank you sweet harmony for sharing and for the heart felt wisdom!

I can't figure out, right now, why things seem to be a struggle. But I know it will pass. I just have felt like I am failing my family by not have a warm home. They may see it different than I do. I am surrounded by born organized people - I know I am not a slob but I have to admit I am overwhelmed and feeling I should be able to do more. It is temporary. I am not feeling sorry for myself as much as I feel like I am letting my whole family down. I know, logically, that they may not feel that way about me. it is my own invention that I can't seem to shake.

It will pass.

thank you again!

Return to “Basic Week Plan”