Monday Meteorology

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Re: Monday Meteorology

Postby lucylee » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:01 pm

He was something else, wasn't he, Rose? I don't think I have ever heard a negative word said about him. Even his opponents and fans of the other teams seem to love him.

If y'all are on FB, search for Rick Karle, Pat Sullivan -- it has a video for Cancer Awareness that he filmed not too long ago (maybe last year?) and a beautiful tribute by the sportswriter, Karle.

DH was in school at Auburn during the Sullivan-Beasley years. In 1971 I was 10 years old (and, in all honesty, I cheered for That Other Team at the time). At Christmas, a friend of mine was sooo excited. His married brother was already a student at Auburn also. Times being tough for a married college student, big brother had been a little clueless about what to get little brother for Christmas. The day before he started home, he had a great insight: He got a football and carried it over to Sullivan's apartment (also in the married students' housing; he and his college sweetheart were married right at 50 years) and asked him to autograph it for his little brother. I'll never forget him telling us about that when we got back to school in January.
I sure hope little brother still has that football today. :cry:
Tomorrow is another day.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:04 pm

I am
getting
nothing
done.
Nothing.

And I think a fancy $50 planner would solve this problem??? :roll:

I actually went to F lylady's site and wrote down each of her missions for the week, but I'm already thinking, "Well, THAT doesn't need doing, because I just did it..." :lol:
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:13 pm

One of the joys from this evening: we have a family living here who lost their home in the tornado (that was 15 months ago.) Their house is still not finished. This is their third temporary home and they were to be gone by now but now the contractors are now saying February. So the family of 4 are in a 1 bedroom apartment but her parents (friends of ours) live in the double apartment below us so they can go up there to get space from each other.

Anyway, they can't have a tree because there's no room so the kids had the best time putting up the lobby tree and decorating it. They are about 10 (twins b/g) and were the life of the party because they were doing so much. Their grandparents were just thrilled to see them so happy here.

OK, off to bed now. Tomorrow is another day.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:26 pm

That is wonderful, Kathryn!!! So happy for those children to be able to have fun doing the tree, even if they do have to "share" it with the rest of the neighbors. :D

I updated my card list (which I will print out and tape to 3x5s) for next year. This is the list where I put the zones with the calendar dates --
Jan. 5 -- master bedroom
Jan. 12 -- master bath

I may go back in and change some of my zones, but the calendar dates are correct. Well, sort of -- they are Sunday dates, and I really won't do anything at all until Monday -- but I try to set up the week and do my planning on Sundays, so I think this is fine. Of course, it's no problem to re-type, but I'm not going to do that now. For the past year, my date has been Tuesday, I think, because I never re-did last year's cards, just kept using them. :roll:

How on earth did it get to be 9:30???
Tomorrow is another day.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:10 am

1st load of laundry waiting to be hung to dry
2nd load of laundry in washer
kitchen s/s and dishes put away
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”