Tuesday Tunes

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Tuesday Tunes

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue May 19, 2020 9:21 am

Another Tuesday - If your life were a movie (with the SHE village as supporting ladies, of course!) what would your theme songs be?

Need something snappy, something a little dramatic, a sad choice? Lots of different types of music needed!

Or what movie do you remember for the sound track?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Tuesday Tunes

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue May 19, 2020 9:44 am

I started us out so I can get moving (hopefully!) this morning. Kathryn, feel free to edit with anything you want to add!

Yesterday, except for a couple of good hours late yesterday afternoon, was pretty much a wash. As was the evening, when we got rain and I didn't get in my steps. We went over to see dfriends for a few minutes and had a glass of wine late in the afternoon. We kept our distance but did sit down in their home instead of outside. When we got home I just had time to start supper and walk the dog before the rain started.

Today I am supposed to test my connection for the genealogy webinar tomorrow (four speakers, from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.) and I also have the certification discussion group at 3 today if I decide to attend. I'd like to continue with those two or so good hours I had yesterday researching unknown DNA matches that might related to the unknown gr gr grandfather or grandmother. (Not married to each other - their children married, leaving me with two gaps in that line. I'm actually able to narrow down at least two families in that line that may have been involved, by building out a family tree for dna matches when needed and finding the common families.)

I don't know whether I'll be able to make up the deficit in steps this week. I calculated I need 9500 steps/day through Saturday to make my goal. Looks like today is cloudy, no rain, so I should be able to walk. Whether I will is another story.

Soundtrack? I'm not sure but I keep singing to myself "The more we get together..." I think I saw something on TV where I picked it up last night. As an introvert maybe I need to remember that?

Undecided on supper tonight. I am burned out by cooking the same ole same ole, I think. I've looked through the freezer without inspiration. I don't have any "Home Chef" meals this week. I don't want to do something that takes a lot of work and steps, like pizza where I make the (chickpea) crust and that takes awhile...
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue May 19, 2020 9:47 am

I think the best movie theme describing me would be something like Laurel & Hardy.. The title of their theme song was "Dance Of The Cuckoos". It sounds appropriate for me most days. #HaveSomeFun

I woke up earlier than normal today and was ready to get started. I made myself lay in bed for a while to see if I would go back to sleep but eventually gave up and got started on the day. It was a nice way to start the day.

So far today I've focused on AM personal cards, health tracker, One Thing A Day Done Well and previous items maintained.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue May 19, 2020 9:50 am

Hi everyone!

Dh made us popcorn last night. Because I haven't had popcorn popped on the stove with real melted butter and some salt on top for sooooo long, I overdid it. I had such a tummy ache when I laid down in bed last night.

Not much to do around here today other than deal with the popcorn making clean up. That should take less than 5 minutes.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue May 19, 2020 10:36 am

Morning...

Well I received my lab reports and I have a 4cm cyst on my ovary ... no surprise. However I’m kind of pissed at the dr from my group who wrote my report... he is not the person I see nor has ever examined me.

Said the cyst was unusual for a woman my age and was the reason I was experiencing pain on my right side..what!!! The pain is on my left side not right!!! He want on to say I should threat it with OTC pain meds and would need another ultrasound in a month if it persists.

I wrote him back explaining the pain was on my left side not my right and questioned his ability to read the lab results. Then I sent an email to my PA who I do trust and adore restating the drs reply to me and asked her to look into it. Also told her I was pretty upset with the mistake The

After further research last night, I read the cyst for a woman my age has the possibility to be cancerous and would need to be removed. I do have an ob/gyn group I go to so I will make an appointment to see my Dr. the good new there is they have an OB oncologist Dr onboard there that my friend who does have cancer uses in case that could be my next step.

Right now I am having some discomfort, but it is not over distracting

Off to water my sunnies. My pictures on the FB page has over 600 likes. Those here who have seen my pictures of my Chianti’s...I was told by a gal on that FB page that these sunnies grow wild Up and down roads in SD. That must be a sight to see.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Tue May 19, 2020 10:47 am

Name the tune? If I'm awake at a certain time of night with the radio on a certain presenter has a phone in quiz, and one of the dastedly questions is, what/which tune is that? just a couple of bits of notes are played repeatedly until eventually there comes along a caller who can name the tune. Last night I fell asleep never knowing what those misshapen notes were about, or who won the 'cow' prise at the end. I guess you have to be there to know the connections between these distant folk, and the conversations that happen, depending on how much of a hurry they are in to get it finished before the toth news clip. And yes, sometimes folk from the US are ringing in and finding out about the cow, only offered by this guy. Most of his questions are about lyrics, with a name the tune or the missing bit.
Anyway, I slept thru after the odd sound bit so some success for me.

Appointment today.
When I left there it wasn't raining so I walked to town, grocery shopping though there was no goatmilk, bought some prepared meals because that hasn't been happening properly lately, after reading all the fine print ingredient lists. Why they have to adulterate almost everything with wheat or potato starch, even when there is mostly allowed bulking products (rice/buckwheat/quinoa) I have no idea. Anyway. Mostly just read a token box of each brand and punted on there being the same attitude to all the products with that brand.
Didn't think I was shopping today so hadn't taken my trolley. Needed to buy an extra bag. Carted it all back to the station taxi rank and lucked on a cab home.
So I will soon need another trip out for milk.

TP was plentiful enough there were heaps stacked in the aisle. I didn't go down there.
Rice was finally restocked. Flour is still depleted as baking seems to have become a national pastime since the 'have a go' attitude was promoted and someone posted online their attempt at an iced cake featuring a 'representation' of N Z P M complete w long stringy licorice hair. and teeth. and bug eyes.

I was short a meal today so opted for heat and eat meal. Ended up needing floor cleanup and washing to do. Just chose clothing easily hung on hangers inside to go with what absolutely needed washing.
Bin night so those went out. Neighbours palm dropped a frond in my drive so binned that as best I could wrestle it into the bin. I still have one back in my front yard but left that as its so big and green, hard to fold the thick bit, and I need loppers to cut the frond to bin size.
Forgot to put out the mince I didn't eat from last week. Hoping I wake and remember in time to walk it down the driveway in the morning.

ok. officially, its late. I'll probably catch the fore mentioned after 2 am program, the 1.30 book reading perhaps if I move now..
Good night.

Best wishes to Rose for competent follow up.
Hoping recovery, coping, preparations to leave are going well for HRH, Norma, everyone (especially those w a spouse), and Dee.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue May 19, 2020 12:19 pm

I seem to be winding down on the packing. DD was busy consolidating hers this morning. She's been putting in grades, etc AND the website shut down and she lost everything she'd put in. *She has 140 students) She's trying to get everything done so she can submit her grades Friday morning. We really can't leave until that's done. Supposedly whatever students had the last marking period is what they're supposed to get this marking period.(Having a hard time wrapping my brain around no 'virtual school' for DD, Lady M. That IS a long time to go without any teaching. What about your teachers -are they getting paid? DD has her pay stretched over 12 months so she gets paid during the 2 months they're off during the summer. Dbil always says how teachers are 'overpaid'. I don't think so. At least most of them. She puts in at least 60 hours a week & is paid for 35 I think. So she more than earns that pay. She (and thousands of other teachers) are more than earning their keep. Know there's lots of parents who now know they aren't paid enough for the most part.

I did the dishes this morning and now it's time to dirty more for lunch. And I'm hungry. Need to really clean out the 2 refrigerators today as tomorrow is trash day. Anything that's in there would still be there when dd gets back in August. I cleaned the microwave really well this morning -dsonil leaves the cover off food all the time so I can only imagine what it will be like when dd gets back. He wanted her to go shopping for ALL his needs at the grocery store. Not happening. He also told her to make an appointment for an oil change which is today at 3:30 and SHE could take it. He just doesn't get this is not "VACATION" -anything but at least for her. She's going to attempt to tell him HE can take it in today. It's only 3 miles away & he gets home at 1:30. But he 'worked' today and then he goes to his man shed. DD had thought about us not leaving until Monday so she'd be home on his 'long weekend', but quickly realized he might be inside all of an hour or so each day so Friday it is. I can't wait to see dh.

I'm planning to order a set of hair clippers unless beauticians/barbers can start opening up a week from Friday. That's the plan right now. Neither of us have had a hair cut in over 11 weeks. But I'm sure I'm surviving better than him.

And that sentence above probably reminded me of a movie/song. "I Can Only Imagine" -the story of Mercy Me and the song title of the same name. I love that song. Sure there's many others through the years but my thinker isn't working too well ATM.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue May 19, 2020 12:50 pm

Any song for me would have to have a recurrent beat...over and over..and over and over ta dum ta dum ta dum ta dum.

New thing today..our web cam finally came. Self installed. We looked at the camera and boy we need a pretty backdrop. It shows edge of bookcase, drafting table, closet. Closed the closet doors, tidied up the table and edge of the modular shelf behind us. We could look at the camera view of us but have no idea yet what all will show up on zoom.

Yes, shaking my head about LadyM's DD's school not providing any sort of support for the kids. I wonder if it is the whole school or just that particular teacher. I can't imagine all the kids who are getting NO education throughout this. I'm sure there are other similar problems with some states. All my grandkids had computer classes to attend. DGD had a whole day of classes along with support from DD who also has a teaching degree. DGSon's college was extensive of course.

I have to call insurance agent. Papers here do not reflect what DH was trying to tell me but perhaps I just did not understand. And we need to cancel the truck insurance too.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue May 19, 2020 1:05 pm

Sorry I didn't open up the village this morning.

It has been a less productive day so far, than yesterday.

I was up at a reasonable hour and got s2s and the bedroom and kitchen tidied.

Breakfast with the grands was fine but long.

Then I noticed that my phone was losing the icons. And some had completely disappeared off my home screen. Turns out I could download new themes with a new launcher to recover them.

My 'launcher' program (the main program that gives access to the apps on the phone) is throwing up frequent error messages so I looked into getting a new launcher. First attempt was a fail and I lost almost all the setup I had even after reversing.

Since I had to reset everything, anyway, I started with another launcher. The final reason for doing so is someone posted about the Asus UI Launcher (which is what I have) was giving them error messages and then completely stopped which bricked their phone. There is a workaround but rather than get that far, I decided it was time for a new launcher.

So my phone is set up again. I'll explore further at a later time. By the time I finished it was noon, time for opening worship at the conference.

Which, of course, didn't work. Today, they didn't bother with the Vimeo link, just the website link. I guess sending 1000 people to the website was a bad idea.

There were two ways to connect, neither worked. This time I was following live chat so I knew 1) others were also having trouble and 2) the new vimeo direct link because a host posted it. So I got in before the music stated.

The sermon was amazing. I had seen Otis Moss II in Nashville and he has only got better if that was possible. He left me in tears. The music was wonderful too.

The next session has now started (it did so automatically) and looks very promising.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue May 19, 2020 1:49 pm

Otis Moss II

I haven't heard of him/them so I did a search and enjoyed listening to Jr and III.

RE: public school.....or lack of it. Yes, the teachers are still being paid. This isn't just DD8's teacher/class not doing school. None of our first 8 grades have online school capability. I not sure about the top 5 grades (Jr high and High school) but I haven't heard of anyone in our little school doing online classes so I suspect the older students don't either. I did see some discussion a couple of months ago when they decided the grades in the first 3 semesters would be used as the final grade. If a student was borderline in pass/fail they were going to try to find a way for the student to bring up their grade to passing so they would be able to move up to the next grade.

Bigger public schools in this area do have virtual class abilities and had online classes. I've seen some discussion of providing this capability to the smaller rural schools but so far it has just been talked about and nothing has happened.

I kept the prep for picnic super simple and easy to make sure it would happen. I grabbed an insulated bag and threw in instant picnic type food - Lunchables, chips, cookies, orange juice and water. I didn't spend time and thought to make it healthy - I just wanted to make sure that we get 'er done. We spread out a blanket and ate while listening to the waves. We saw some wildlife and enjoyed seeing their babies. We enjoyed walking the shoreline and climbing up a dam at a local lake. I hope we can make this a weekly event. I will focus on making better food choices for the picnic later but I didn't want to sidetrack myself.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”