put away??? - finish the process imperfectly??? Thursday pwyc

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

put away??? - finish the process imperfectly??? Thursday pwyc

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:45 am

how are you?

I have found myself not finish the process of putting things away. (especially at night)
how about you?
do you have cloths on a chair, something on the counter, papers or magazines out, cups on a table? what's you leave out item? _____________.
Do you keep things out because you aren't finished with the item - but does it really need to be out?

you may not have anything out! But for me I have to do a room by room (timer) put away.
Is there anything you want to put away?
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Re: put away??? - finish the process imperfectly??? Thursday pwyc

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:50 am

I slept all day again yesterday. walking is normally my exercise but I still can't until my ankle heals more. I have to find other exercises to do to straighten my body slowly - I am expecting to be where I was last year before I got sick in October. my goodness it was so easy to get back into exercise when I was young. ;) :D

so I have been not doing put away and night and I am seeing it affect my home and me personally.
I bought groceries that dh put away except for the canned goods etc. (I AM FINDING THAT I AM THE CULPRIT IN NOT PUTTING THINGS AWAY WHEN I USE THEM!!!! 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) oh my goodness!

I have physical therapy at 10 am (leave at 9:30) but in the mean time I will get to do my put away (Using my timer to actually see how long it takes)
Goal; NO PERFECTION OR STARTING A NEW DECLUTTERING PROJECT

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:27 am

Hi!

I am very much a morning person. After supper, all I can get done on a nightly basis is clear the table and that only started in January of this year. Kittens tend to get into things they shouldn't so clearing the food and dirty dishes off the table became an immediate habit. If only others things could become an immediate habit...

Supper tonight is pizza and whatever else dh orders from a local pizza place that always sends him things he didn't order because they appreciate his business and remember that he has always been a very good customer in the past. They are also our customers and dh does give them a good price.

I've already started at trying to get the dishes done ASAP.

I took all of the garbage to the end of the driveway last night and the garbage truck came by while I was still in bed. Dh even brought the empty can back up to the house. Pest control company is coming before noon to spray the outside of the house today. Animals have to be inside and all windows and doors shut.

It's raining here.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:43 am

I am definitely a morning person too d Cathy!!!
and good morning to you!

that's really nice that you and the pizza shop have such a good rapport! that's wonderful and a very nice dinner!
I hope the rain was welcomed d Cathy!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:49 am

I put away the coffee maker and crock pot and my mind feels free already. open spaces!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:17 am

Yes, the rain is welcome. We have had a very dry and unusual spring so far.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:37 am

Good Morning!

I have a daily PUPA card that occurs every day in each room. When I stop doing those daily cards then things quickly pile up.
DS12 is struggling to learn the PUPA life skill. Yesterday I asked him to pick his stuff up that was in the living room and put them away. He picked up a few things and put them away but didn't finish. After waiting a couple of hours I quietly picked his things up in the living room and put them in the "time out" basket. It was his two favorite hats, a pair of his shoes, his favorite blanket, his Xbox controller, and headphones. He can't use those things for 24 hours. Hopefully, the temporary loss of his favorite things got his attention and will encourage this life skill of PUPA.

I do wonder what triggers the mind to insist on some things to be organized but not others. Both kids are super particular about how things are arraigned in the shopping cart. Why is that desire to organize things not applied to other areas of their things? I tend to be blind to disarray and won't even notice it without a SHE card to remind me to stop & clean it up.

Today is typical Thursday.
** Homeschool
** Charter School
** lunch = Rotisserie Chicken, fried potatoes, green salad
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:43 am

Cathy we have had one rain so for this spring which is unusual. last year was a swamp year ;) amazing how that happens

Hi d lady good job on doing your PUPA card!!! I find that things pile up quickly when I don't do my cards as well. I have been putting off the evening routine which is crucial for me to feel good in the morning. d lady - do you think you can set up a time out basket for me. 8-) :D what a good idea!!!

I do wonder what triggers the mind to insist on some things to be organized but not others.
that's a very good question! for me it's lazy moment (more tired)

put away where it belonged: it only took me 10 months: I had the trellis poles I painted in the family room in the. corner along with a long rope of d dogs that I had planned to fix. Trellis poles will be nailed onto trellis but it is now in the right place to do the work. tossed the newspapers I had used. Tossed the orange long rope for dog as I already have 2 50' leashes. done.

put away done in kitchen and 3 season room.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:39 am

We must have seen 300 people yesterday and no one without masks. Even in parking lots, the masks are on. One thing about checking by county online (thanks to Twins' for inspiring me to do that) is that it's done by population so you see the ones of similar size ranked close to you in lists. We're not the best in lots of categories (yipes, only 22 percent vaccinated when others are over 30), but do have fewer new cases than similar counties and I think that's probably because it's just habit here for everyone to have masks now. We're seeing many more personality masks - I saw Cheshire cat, tie-dye look, lots of pretend faces of all kinds, adults wearing funny cartoon or children's characters. If this is a new surge, we should be helped against new infections by the habit. Btw, we've ducked back into "orange". Much gratitude to see that.

blessed, I actually read your title today as the old saying it's okay when housework is done imperfectly, so I'm sticking with that, lol.

Nancy and blessed, we have too much on kitchen counters, for sure. A direct result of having too much in cabinets. Nice to get the shelf done, Nancy.

LadyM, maybe a "if this were a grocery cart" question would help. If they take pride in one area of organizing, brag on that for sure, and ask "what if"... .. what would you/we do differently.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:28 am

Today I did some desk stuff made entries of things I did last evening normally earlier in the day,
But I can do errands now after I drop dgd off at gymnastics. So I am tweaking my schedule a bit.

I need to do more rounds with the piles in my creativity room. It is still pretty scary looking.
I have have some stiff to shread not as much as before however so that is good.

Our temps will be up in the near 80* temp range this weekend.
Waving to everyone yea for your progress.

I write PUPA in my bullet journal / planner several times a week to remind my to do that as well as RBR.

Return to “Post When You Can”