Be a Force Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Be a Force Tuesday

Postby Harriet » Tue May 04, 2021 8:24 am

Is it a good day to be a Force within your home and overcome immovable objects?

Who better than you to accomplish, to surprise with success, and to take no "no" for an answer!

You're irresistible, you know.

Btw, it's Star Wars Day, a day when saying, "MAY the FOURTH be with you" is considered VERY witty, so be sure to appreciate those who greet you with that, lol.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Be a Force Tuesday

Postby DeeClutter » Tue May 04, 2021 8:41 am

And "May the Fourth be with YOU!" I remember a day when dd and I went to Disney World (back when we had annual passes -just too expensive now) and it was exactly that day. People were dressed in appropriate costumes for the day. It made for a very interesting day!

I slept well last night finally.

DD finally got the lab result back from the vet for DBiscuit. Seems she has some unusual form of an E-coli infection. She has to stop by his office after school today to pick up a particular antibiotic -"only" $136. There was one that was cheaper that would work on this particular bacteria but the side effects were too risky. She's had this going for several weeks now. Though she has seemed much better in the last week or two. DD did take out pet insurance on her last week as she's becoming a pretty expensive pet. She has discovered allergies that will also be expensive.

I'm finding I love the "Ring" doorbell because now whenever I hear Biscuit bark I turn on "live view" to see if someone is here or just walking, etc. We should have done this a long time ago. Trying to talk DS-A into installing it at his house. DS-R turned DD on to it a few years ago. Works out nicely with our neighbor here too. He travels a lot for business and he can see when a package is delivered. He simply texts dd and asks her to either hide it or bring it over here.

I have to be a "force" to be reckoned with today here. DD had the dining room chairs out with old plastic cloths on them. She put her coffee bar on them to paint. Hopefully tonight she can put the casters on it and put it back on the floor. Going to be so pretty. In the meantime I need to forcefully clean off the dining room table. It's become a mess since this project started.

Can't wait for the kitchen work to start but it may not be until shortly before or after I leave for up home.

Talked with dh last night. He went yesterday to get plants but she advised him to wait for another week. Seems there's that four letter word in the forecast for Friday. Is it for you, Cathy? So far dh has gone through 6 tanks of propane. Hopefully it'll be warm enough after this week that we won't need it till fall -SHE says hopefully!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue May 04, 2021 8:53 am

Good morning great theme thanks for starting us out Harriet.
I am up the dog woke me with a short woof to get out at 4:30 - 4:45 .
It is great getting to see the sun come out and light up the world today.
Bs is bettr today.

Trash is at the curb.
Hand wash done! Yea!

Mom's day weekend snuck up on me. I got 3 plants after mom's day weekend it can be slim pickings.
But it's early this year and not as warm makes it a challenge. I got 1 celebrity tom. Plant and two lav. Plants.

I have a horse shoe shaped sausage for my meal pan.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue May 04, 2021 11:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue May 04, 2021 8:59 am

Hi!

Dee I think the only 4 letter word in our weather starts with an "R". That's okay, rain is better than the other stuff.

No idea what to have for supper.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue May 04, 2021 9:09 am

Nancy, I thought Mother's Day sneaked right past me. Had to look it up & see it's not till this coming Sunday. Not that I have to do anything special.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue May 04, 2021 9:37 am

The "force" here may be a big ole line of T-storms coming through. We have a severe thunderstorm warning until noon.

I slept in - until 8:30 again. I did not hear the alarm at 7:30 this a.m. and did not hear snooze alarms if they went off.

My dh is driving me crazy about getting a sprinkler guy here. They could have brought in our topsoil on Saturday but we don't have our sprinklers in and we had houseguests and were enjoying the porch. But when the guy said he would come today "to see what we need done" dh won't listen to me explain that and wants him to put the housing back on the system, and go ahead and mark the location where sprinklers will be so they can bring top soil. I am going to lose my mind over him leaning on me about this.

We had a great big thunder/lightening move through just now, and it's quiet again.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue May 04, 2021 9:42 am

hello ! wishing you all the best!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue May 04, 2021 9:50 am

My Mother's Day gift arrived yesterday. When dh brought a box in and put it on the counter, I was surprised because I have 2 things coming from A river and I had tracked both of them yesterday morning and they aren't expected until tomorrow. Box seemed much too heavy for either item. Imagine my delight and surprise when I opened it and it was my favourite lavender bubble bath and a few samples of other products.

Dee I just saw THAT 4 letter word for our area. That's okay. We aren't planting anything yet.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue May 04, 2021 10:15 am

Cathy,
Dee I just saw THAT 4 letter word for our area. That's okay. We aren't planting anything yet.
Neither is dh. He's always way too anxious to get things in the ground. And having been a farmer the first 19 years of his life, he should know better! :lol:

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue May 04, 2021 11:31 am

Good Morning!

My day started well and has proceeded smoothly. Since this is part of my 10 days "off" I'm using some of my extra time to tweak and organize my SHE cards. I'm enjoying using them because they work. When I hit a block where something seems hard or just simply isn't getting done, that is an indicator that I need to break the task down into smaller efforts. For me, the SHE cards mean doing small tasks consistently.

I am decluttering 3 rooms. I declutter at least one item a day in each of the rooms. It doesn't seem like much but it is surprising how much change it can make when done consistently. It forces my thoughts into how items can be used or if I can't come up with a use then it is time to let it go. One item at a time is easy and doesn't seem overwhelming.

Our temps are 10 degrees cooler than the average. I'm just thankful the dangerous and damaging springtime storms have missed us so far this year. They have happened in surrounding areas but not at my house.

Quesadillas Cheese and Refried beans are on our menu for today. I have some Chicken fajita meat that I'll add to the quesadillas to increase the protein. Hum.....today is a good day to let a pot of salsa simmer on the stove. I'm going to get those ingredients started.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”