Health and Fitness, May 2021

Share healthy living habits.
Harriet

Health and Fitness, May 2021

Postby Harriet » Sat May 01, 2021 10:30 pm

Welcome!

In this thread we chat about keeping ourselves strong and capable as we pursue our calling as homemakers. Our family members may need to lean on us, and we may need to lean on them. Proactive medical answers, sensible consumption of healthy food and water, getting enough rest, and getting enough activity, too - these are all part of our plans! Helping each member of our households work in all their healthy habits is priceless!

RunKitty

Re: Health and Fitness, May 2021

Postby RunKitty » Mon May 03, 2021 12:05 am

Today marks three and a half years of running at least two miles every day. I have had longer running streaks, but I hope this one goes on and on.
I have lost a few pounds since the covid thing began, just by eliminating a couple of processed foods which I don't miss at all. I am really looking forward to fresh berries from our garden and from the local farms. This is my favorite time of year.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon May 03, 2021 9:23 am

Run Kitty, your stats are amazing.

I've let some weight creep back up these past months. I was able to hold steady early on staying home but the fall and winter I didn't. And I need to get myself walking again now that I don't have a dog to get me out the door, at least on a short slow walk.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon May 03, 2021 11:54 am

I will be logging h&f stuff in members only thread.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed May 05, 2021 1:01 pm

Woo Hoo, RunKitty! So happy for you. You're a champion of consistency.

An observation:

You know how you can stand with your hands on your hips, thumbs pointed to (an imaginary) wall behind you. It's a common stance, often absent-minded, which I haven't been able to accomplish with my left arm since my rotator cuff injury 10 months to a year ago. Today, working with ds who deals with firefighter exercise and injury a lot, I realized and pointed out to him that I can now raise that arm/hand in that position, way up even several inches above that hip resting place. (there's still discomfort - not bad)

We discussed - is this because of or in spite of my PT. Also, have I had more healing in these months following the formal PT than I did during it? If so, that would suggest that time, specifically, has been the healer, and the torn muscle did somewhat re-knit itself together (for want of a better phrase) after all, which some told me wouldn't happen.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed May 05, 2021 7:21 pm

yay run kitty!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri May 07, 2021 8:27 am

healthy living is the hardest for me. I need to make a real effort

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon May 10, 2021 8:45 am

funny - I can let time go by when there are things I am putting off.
That's not my goal anymore with my eating. (but 3 days went by without me thinking about it - I just know I overate).

My habit for the month was to make veggies but I have a cabinet and a fridge burned with fresh veg and fruit that needs to be emptied. my fridge needs to be cleaned as well. What's happening: I don't want to make veggies and fruit bc there is so much waste in those areas.

What I need to do: face it. did I plan on waiting for the perfect meal - did I plan on all that waste - NO.
I will empty fridge and cabinet first so that I can live within my veggie/body threshold.

I tossed a lot of food - goal is not over goal on buying veg and fruit because I "think" I can cook and do it all. not possible. let that fantasy self go. There is a time and place for everything.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue May 11, 2021 9:11 am

what I have for today: fruit salad already prepared
salad already prepared.
(keep it simple)

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri May 14, 2021 9:18 am

I am still struggling with my night time eating. I have to set up bulky food - cut veg and some broth soup. I always over eat junk. I can get control over this.

I have tossed the pasta boxes - bc I would just eat pasta
cleaned out all food that I binge on
I decluttered my door dash account - I don't have it anymore.

Return to “Healthy Habits”