PWYC Wet Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Indiana

Re: PWYC Wet Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Postby Indiana » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:46 am

helia wrote:

Good morning! Another gray day, but it's supposed to clear up tonight and be in the 80s through the weekend.

Alright, I missed something. How do you gals know today is the anniversary of Mr. and Mrs. blessed?

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY DEAR BLESSED COUPLE!

How long?

I am s2s-ed and all 3 kids have been deposited. I laid out clothes for dd9 this a.m. and she was tickled w/ plaid capris and a polo shirt she had forgotten about. I've been letting my kids choose their own clothes; less work for me, but I've been noticing that they tend to wear the same clothes over and over again while completely missing some very nice outfits. :roll: Maybe I should just ignore it.

I went shoe-shopping 2x yesterday, once by myself and once w/ ds. I thought I could buy for ds w/out him there, but he is right in between youth and adult sizes so I decided to bring him back. Bought 2 pair for myself (pants shoes and brown dress shoes to replace old brown pair that feel too tight as if my feet are still growing) and 3 (!) for ds. He didn't want to spend a lot of time shopping, but he DID want 3 pairs. LOL!! Since we go shoe shopping so rarely - like twice a year - I indulged him. Funny, though, as he generally could care less about how he is dressed/looks. He will still go to school w/ his hair standing straight up (from sleeping). I try to help him if his bedhead is really bad. :roll: I can fit into his shoes now. :shock: My little boy. . . . . isn't so little anymore.

Last night, I secured the last 2 holiday park reservations on the N. Island. Also heard back from dfriends in Christchurch; they may have moved to the States by the time we get there. :sad:

I'm off to Bible study next. Then home for lunch, work out, finish a.m. routine, work on teaching for next week, evaluate dkids' fall wardrobes. . . . supper early and dd9 to field hockey at 6:30.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:47 am

Debmasterx wrote:

The new home looks beautiful and inviting. Thanks to all who worked so hard on it.

MT Thank you Thank you Thank you!!! for the ctrl + tip! Over the last year I’ve come to need reading glasses. I’m still adjusting to that fact and I’m often without glasses when I need them.

I guess I'm doing crisis cleaning today. We got our gas cut off and they'll come out today and hook it up, but we have to be home and they have to inspect all the pilot lights. Which means they have to go into the MBR, laundry area, kitchen, and walking through the living room. I know most of you are past this stage, but none of these areas is acceptable for strangers to see. To complicate things, I work 4 1/2 hours and have kid-shuttling duties to take care of. ::deep breaths::

First up is living room and getting ready for work.

I hope everyone is having a much better day than I am! :P

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:48 am

Indiana wrote:

helia, blessed posted in the daily card topic that it was her 26th anniversary.

It is sunny here now so it is an even more beautiful day.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:49 am

Debmasterx wrote:
It is amazing how much you can get done when you're focused. I'm sure that is my problem. Lack of focus. Plus I have a real problem with consistency. I can do anything for a day. But I have trouble with keeping doing it consistently over time.

Anyway, I put a load of laundry in the washer (even though we don't have hot water) and got ds almost ready for school. Next is get me ready for work, and get both of us out the door.

I just remembered there's something I need washed that I didn't put in the load. Darn it.

OK, there's nothing more I can do until I get back from work. So, more deep breaths, and I'll see you later.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:49 am

Peeper wrote:

It's Savannah day (sound familiar?) and it's raining. Seems like it's raining in lots of the SHE village today. This will be short, but I wanted to tell Indiana that I still plan on getting that Peach Cream Pie recipe up but it may be tonight or tomorrow until I get to it. Hope that's ok.

Debmasterx, I'm with you on the reading glasses! I 'm always forgetting mine and feeling "illiterate" alot as I ask total strangers in stores what something says! Of course, I tell them what's up, but it would be better if I could do something as simple as ALWAYS KEEPING A PAIR OF READING GLASSES IN MY PURSE, or else changing the world to large print!

Well, I'm off. Hope everyone here has a fantastic day!

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:51 am

Peeper wrote:

Well, dd just called and postponed things for ten minutes and I wanted to reply to helia's post about kids wearing the same thing over and over. Well, we all do! I saw an article which said 80% of our wardrobes go unused as we wear the same 20% over and over. Obviously, we all have made fashion mistakes and it's sometimes hard to know which clothes will end up being favorites, but it also shows that if we organized our closets once in a while, we might find some real gems in there! I know, hard for us SHE types to manage! :wink:

I'm taking back two pairs of shoes to T.J. Maxx today that I realized were redundant. I'm a big fan of Marshalls, Ross and TJ. Maxx because they've got great stuff for alot less money. The down side; it's hit or miss if you're looking for a specific item, but isn't that always the way even at more expensive stores. Well, as you guys know, that won't deter me! 8)

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:51 am

Sadie wrote:

Good Morning Ladies,

Happy Anniversary to the Blessed!

The rain train stopped here too, it poured last night. Looks like more today too.

Moving slower today, have to go to work this evening.

Got to clean Dmom's bathroom today as that never did get taken care of.

Have unloaded Dishwasher.

Worked on grocery list yesterday too.

And away we go!

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:52 am

Mystery wrote:

Running a bit slow this morning. Didn't start out doing so -- got up in good time, and the girls were downstairs eating breakfast before 7. They were running a bit slow then, so we didn't walk, but I didn't wait; just took them to school. Got there before the first bell, so DD had to wait on the stairs before she could go to her classroom. As for dd, though, she forgot her backpack & didn't realize it till she was getting out of the van, so we made the round trip home & back again. Once I got home, I read the funnies (DH had been reading them during breakfast), and that shot it for me. A character in one strip is definitely dying, and it looks like another may be. :(

I need to get the memory stick of pix off to DSIL today, and I need to get some more juice for kindergarten snacks. I was hoping to get one of my friends to get me into a wholesale club so I could check prices there & see if it was worth it to get a membership, but I haven't done that yet.

Happy Anniversary, Mr. & Mrs. Blessed!

Maybe the rainy day will give you a chance to rest, Kathryn?

Carol, I was trying to remember where I'd heard "life between wild and crazy gets blurry"; then I remembered: Jakers! The Adventures of Piggly Winks. Guess the 6yos have introduced you to that one, huh?

(((Dee)))

Enjoy your visit with your dfriend, mamap. Enjoy tomorrow, too -- so smart to schedule your hearing-aid check when you were in the neighborhood!

Emptynester wrote:So I have to get some hustle in my bustle.
I like that! :D

Will have to check out Cardfile Central, Harriet.

Yep, they're predicting rain for the afternoon here, Indiana. That's why I was hoping to be able to walk the girls to school this morning. :?

dd is much the same with her clothes, helia; DD, a little less so. I doubt I'm that way -- I own too few clothes! (I hate shopping, particularly at my current size. :( )

(((Deb)))

Enjoy your day, Peeper!

Hi, Sadie -- almost missed you!

Next up here:
make bed
tidy bathroom
start laundry

(I am putting off checking e-mail b/c I am expecting another from DSIL regarding memory stick of pix; I thought I had it ready to go, but it turns out I've got another 300 pix that are downloading as we speak and I'll have to winnow through quickly. At least, as they're mostly not family things, there will be fewer that the rest of the family will be interested in.)

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:53 am

blessed wrote:

good morning dear ladies

Thank you Sadie!
I will join you on a bathroom duty.. I did not do one of the bathrooms.. not looking forward to it lol
have a great day

hi peeper I agree with you... I do think we have more in our closets (even with tags) then we realize. (smile)
peach cream pie recipe sounds so good have a fantastic day too!

hi deb lack of focus has been my problem since I was born.. also consistency.. that is why I list it all because my brain doesn't work like any of my friends whom are born organized. My dmom used to think she did something wrong lol... she thought I was a nice person which she says outweighs the lack of consistency. Plus you have to remember you time is packed. take deep breaths and just do what dailies you can... *\o/*
cheering you on!

Indiana thank you thank you... I am too young to have a 26th anniversary ... don't you think ... evil grin..
sunny here too.. hope you have a beautiful day
great job getting you am and wednesdays finished.. a BWTG

helia hello hello and thank you
the outfit for your dd sounds so cute! I had to smile at ds not wanting to go shopping! and ending up enjoying what he found.. I know middle schoolers don't want to be known as cute but this made me smile.
So sad to hear your df's will not be there when you leave.
have fun at bible study

hi dee glad you got to walk this morning.. hope it was beautiful.
and Thank you so much for the nice wishes

Harriet thank you!!!
I know I will use that Decorate my home and so many of the other sites!
Looking forward to it.. have a great day

hi mt. hope you have a great warmer day!

Hi dee yeah on the couple pounds and all the work done!
enjoy your day

hi mama have such a good time with breakfast and fellowship.. how fun

Hi kathryn have a great day our traveler! I so enjoy reading your posts!

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:54 am

Dee wrote:

CI -it took me 1/2 hour but managed to get the dishes all 'collected' and done (I store some in a dishpan in our shower-don't you all? :wink: ) That's what happens sometimes when you live in an RV. :roll: Have everything in from the car. Now to start dosey do-ing between packing and filing, packing & filing, ad infanatum (or is ad nausea?).

DebMaster said:
It is amazing how much you can get done when you're focused.
or how much we can get done when we're up against a definite deadline? :lol: :shock: But you are right -that's probably WHY we get a lot done when we're against that deadline BECAUSE we ARE FOCUSED!

The wind is really blowing here and rocking this ol' RV! I'm always a bit nervous about our flat screen TV when I see that rocking some. The RV really is leveled and all that, but when the wind blows like it is today -watch out! We don't take our awning down since we also have several "de-flappers" on the ends and also have 'awnbrellas' every few feet. So far so good this year.

Return to “Post When You Can - ARCHIVE”