Summer Routines with kids

AM, PM. daily, weekly, monthly, yearly, and cleaning routines become habit and make life flow smoothly.
bmwharvey

Summer Routines with kids

Postby bmwharvey » Thu May 24, 2012 11:19 pm

Hey everyone,
For those who have or had kids in the house, what do you do with your summer routine?
Did it change at all from school year routine?

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Summer Routines with kids

Postby Nancy » Fri May 25, 2012 11:24 am

Summers are more relaxed here for example no play school for dgd.
Summers include various sports like base ball, summer camp, camping, and swimming lessons.
Library trips so they don't for get what they learned over the summer.

We try to keep them on track after sleeping in a bit with the morning grooming and making bed picking up rooms, and other chores to be done before going any where to play town etc.

ellyphant

Re: Summer Routines with kids

Postby ellyphant » Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:57 pm

Trying to remember the summer routines, since children are now 23 and 25. I always kept up with laundry and dishes, but the housework suffered a bit in the summer, as I recall. We always made time for trips to the library. They played outside with neighbor kids and in our small backyard pool. They usually went to Vacation Bible School for a week and to inexpensive community activities like "Pioneer Kid Days", which was a program of crafts and games. Once they started to play little league baseball and softball, we were on the go more.

Sorry, this may not be what your question was about...honestly don't remember much about my daily routine--except that laundry and dishes were never-ending! It was a wonderful time, however!
How you do your work is a portrait of yourself.

Return to “Routines”