Winter Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Dove

Re: Winter Thursday

Postby Dove » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:13 pm

Enjoying a mug of tea while snuggled up in one of Twins soft, comfy chairs, shoes kicked off, wrapped up in a throw, & enjoying the sight, sounds & warmth of the fire. Ahhhhhh ...

Still haven't caught up on village happenings from Tues & Wed. So much I've wanted to respond to but pffffft! it's out of my mind now. Oh, except that I wanted to wish Twins a Happy Hanukkah & say that I love the floor plan for your new home!

Hard to believe it is the first day of winter around here. The sun is out, grass is green, & it is 50-something degrees! No bad weather is forecasted for the coming week so dsis & dbil should have no travel delays due to ice & snow.

Have been spiffing the guest room & bath & noticed that dcat has left fur circles all over the comforter. I'll use packing tape to lift up as much as possible, then wash it the day before they come. I'll have to start putting a sheet on top of it from now on as that will be much easier to pop into the wash in future.

Speaking of dcats, I'm sure Tobias is sleepy & unconcerned with his temporary surroundings by now Harriet, & will be so happy to get back home tonight.

Was able to watch "Christmas in Connecticut" earlier this month, & watched "It's a Wonderful Life" last night while dh did his wrapping. Enjoyed having all the lights turned off except for those on the Christmas tree.

Realized the other day that I haven't given much thought at all to 2012 & resolutions for the coming new year. Lots of times I think & plan during the week between Christmas & New Years Eve, but will be running around (& driving!) most of those days with dfamily. Anyone else have any inspiration to share? :)

Must drag myself away from this cozy fire & deal with laundry & my to do list. Waving ~~~~~ to everyone -- hope you all have a wonderful day! :mrgreen:

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:31 pm

Oooooh, Lucylee is bringing cookies, I'll round up the hot chocolate!

Did a full round of errands -drugstore, cleaners, toy store for books and child's gift, and grocery with a bank inside so I could cash check and get groceries. Meant to make a couple of other stops but forgot. :shock: The IT guy at my office is gone for the holiday so I'll wait to take dd's computer there. Then drugstore didn't have one of two scripts that should have been faxed yesterday - call to the dr office indicated they were on the same page, so if the got one they got the other, so relayed that info back to pharmacy and will go by tomorrow.

I am making a Tomato, wild rice and sausage soup for supper and may make some latkes from the mix - if I use a mix I usually grate in some real potatoes to add texture.

Harriet said:
Hmmm.... ... so a married couple conferred with each other and want to direct the secretary in a communication to the entire membership? LOL. You do sometimes have your work cut out for you, Twins Mom.
We had discussed the concept at the last board meeting, but heaven knows we don't need to encourage any more reservations for tomorrow night!

We've hardly had a fire here at home either - I think we did have one day/evening that I built one back in November when dh was out of town and it was cold and rainy. The new house will only have the gas fireplace instead of a real. I really prefer the real but it is more work with the firewood and all. I think we are going to have a remote control on the gas fireplace so that will be nice. When we first moved here the fireplace was gas and it was nice to turn it on in the winter for awhile.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:07 pm

I've got soup going in the crock pot & I had some yummy broth this morning!

I only baked one pan of cookies dgson wants ice cream sandwiches what a great idea we can do that chocolate ch. mint chip cookies with mint chip ice cream sure will be a hit in those!

I'll try to keep track I got 4 boxes of cake mix for cookies this half of the month week. I'm hoping to get some for the youth for snacks mixed up. Did up some like with the CEO's plan H.G.P. or whatever it was called. :idea:

I think we will do some up to frost when the older dgds are over next week that should be fun! I got frosting I usually don't have that in the house.

make bed x
Pick up basement x
Journal & food log x
Sweep carport x
Dishes & kit. spiff x
Granny duty for the a.m. is done split shift today they will be back in a few min.
lunch x
2 window seals dusted more to follow.
Okay good it looks like I actually am making some progress around here.

I found youngest dgds mittens yesterday when I cleaned out the toy box.

Sadie

Postby Sadie » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:22 pm

Hello dear ladies,

It's been another sunny but cool day here for us. Not like winter anyway. but I'll enjoy the fire and cozy chairs that Twins has left for us.

another day closer to Christmas. Last night at WM was stressful as we got the news that an upper management member was visiting our store for inspection. This is a very hard person to please and she seems to have great enjoyment tearing our supervisor apart. Our supervisor is a very nice guy and has been up and down the ladder in WM management. I'm thinking at one time in his career he was her supervisor and now she is up to payback for something. But it's the little people at the bottom that everything lands on. So we were trying to make our area look exceptional amidst shoppers tearing it up. She was due this morning so hopefully she found our area acceptable.

got my dailies dones but it seemed to take longer today, don't know why but at least they are done.

Going to read awhile and then head out for work.

Have a wonderful day all!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:23 pm

Listen to this: apparently fed ora hats are becoming popular again (store calls them Godf ather hats now) and DGS wants one! I was astounded when DD told me. DGS is 12! Golly, I remember the men wearing them when I was a little girl.

Got my christmas shopping done, gift exchanged, and grocery shopping done. I am making a lasagna to take up for Sat. I'm hoping to help DD2 this way, and she said ok. I have a couple more things to bake too.

Man I'm sleepy. DD2 woke me from nap by calling. I'm still sleepy! Gotta get going doing something.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:31 pm

good afternoon dear ladies. I miss working with you all. I am going to try to join you for tothing time.

hope you are all well. Happy Hanukah our dtwins!!! and to all who celebrate this wonderful time of year.

I got my Christmas cards and all decorating done. I am going to suprise dd's with gingerbread tomorrow to make a house. we are late with everything this year. breath in and continue :D and look at what I did accomplish rather than what I didn't.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

cathyy

Postby cathyy » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:37 pm

Not much going on here. Sweetie and I ventured out on this grey, overcast day for a couple errands. I stocked up on meat after getting a chance to check out the local craft shop for the first time. They had a Happy Hannukah decorative thingy, so I bought it, and some generic happy seasonal holiday cards. Next year must order some early!

What I need to do today is finish sticky-hemming 2 lace curtains - the last 2 of 6 - and install the sliding rack for the kitchen wastebasket. I sure hope I get those jobs done today, because I'm tired of having them on my list of things to do. Dinner is planned to be beef stew in my brand new electric pressure cooker.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:32 pm

It it pouring rain again. I took a nap with ddogs with Moses applying heat to my back. :) The house felt cold when I got up so I made some coffee and am enjoying a cup of motivation.

Need to work a few rounds, get supper going and finish routines at least.
-hang delicates that I washed this morning and start another lol
-clear kitchen table
-clear kitchen counters (didn't I just do that this morning? :roll: )
-take out kitchen trash (again?)
-put away a basket of laundry
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:50 pm

Oh, way too young for sleep apnea, Indiana. Don't need to tell you of our experience with that. Glad that's recognized and being taken care of.

I'm having a very difficult time getting here so don't be surprised when you don't hear from me. Computer is terribly slow at best. Today it told me to replace the battery -hope that's what's slowing it down. Having a lot of difficulty getting to sites such as our village. Know you're all wished the best of the holiday season. Hope to pop in later. Even typing is too dratted slow! Not a good time for my computer to give me problems with annual reports from church coming in and needing to be done! :evil:
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:09 pm

The news about fedoras is exciting. I have my Dad's and our heads are the same size. It fits and looks fabulous on me. My own winter hat has a fedora style to it but not a proper fedora.

Travel - yes, I travel well, but at this point I'm looking for a way of getting out of Vegas as well as skipping England because it is too much. One can't appreciate a trip if one is rushing off on another. And I'm not sure how I'll feel in early Jan - yellow fever shots apparently can be quite painful.

Twins:
you were lucky to get your clothes back. I lost a favourite nighty and it wasn't in the lost and found at the hotel (I had left it hanging on the back of the bathroom door.) Of course, it turned up many months later in the bottom of a suitcase under a fold down flap to give the bag a firm bottom. So I guess I was lucky too!

Our day out was successful. We had short errands to run and everything went smoothly. No traffic problems at all because we got out of the city before mid afternoon. Had a nice lunch with ds, had a good time at the hair salon. This is a new one owned by our friend and we have been moved over to it because he'll be cutting our hair once again. Our interim stylist has moved to the new salon too so she did our last cut today. Dh has rebooked all our appointments to Tuesdays which will be tricky for me (my volunteer day) but that's the only day our friend is cutting.

At the second grocery store we arrived just as a clerk was putting up a sign saying all greenery is free to a good home. So we took two bunches plus a wreath (about $50 of goods.) The house is smelling better now that the wreath is inside and I'm soaking my floral foam to make my centrepiece. I usually do that with my own firs from the yard but they are spindly and ugly compared to these firs.

Before leaving for errands I got 1/3 of the housework done plus some zone work and a load of laundry. There's a second load of laundry ready to start at 7 p.m. and I just finished cleaning my hot water pot (I started the cycle this morning.) I'll get at least this level of the house dusted and vacuumed before bed. Dh already did the dining room carpet for me.

He's headed off to get his Chinese food and I'm reheating leftovers from last night.

Return to “Post When You Can”